Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

One of my friends from school, and his parents place is right across from the last access trail. His rents on the USA Motel right on 1 there before Mile Road. Upstairs has a great view of the jetty, will try and find this pic he took last winter from up there

He tried to paddle out that day, no chance in hell

Buoy still holding strong. Thank goodness for the water time this am cuz the 4! Hour drive to the cape (normally 2 hours) was fucking ridiculous. Headed back up late tonight or at the ass crack am.

God the surf was gorgeous today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge. View Post

He tried to paddle out that day, no chance in hell
    That outside wave is one of my favorites in all of Maine. My last year living out there, I got it breaking with 12-18' faces. So much fun. It was not as hectic as that pic looks, but it was big. And super clean. Getting out was fun. Best bet was jumping off about 40' down from the tower, at mid tide. More than one person took a ride along the jetty trying to jump off as the tide dropped lower. My leash plug eventually broke, and I swam in to get my board between the jetties. Paddled in and grabbed lunch. When I got back an hour later, the off shores had increased and the word had gotten out. I watched five guys stroke into a peak, and all five crash big top to bottom. Decided to hit the beach, and slowly worked my way south. Around the Salt Box, I found the bars setting up perfectly, and scored some of the best OH surf I had ever gotten on that beach.

Good for you that you have a base camp. Enjoy. That place is so much fun, and so uncrowded.

Keep an eye out for a wave that form between the jetty at low tide where the bend is. Usually a left coming off the Drake's side. It can be twice the side of the beach.

Welp, broke my key off in my ignition this morning. POS Saturn, I pay more for the insurance than that thing is worth.

Buddy told me there was nothing I was missing out on, but missed opening day at Cannon. Anyone score this AM?

it was weird down our way. protection from the north was key and those spots are small and it was busy busy busy.

this am report is waist... fun with the right board.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge. View Post
    Welp, broke my key off in my ignition this morning. POS Saturn, I pay more for the insurance than that thing is worth.
    is that thing paid for? nh registered? fuck insurance. i dint pay for it from 1992 till 98', or 2007 till 2013 when i lived in nh. it's totally legal to not have insurance on a paid for car in nh.

just don't hit anyone and it's all good. i laugh at all the money i saved.

surfed an hour and a half this am. ogt was wind fucked but york was clean and there were some fun peaks to be had. knee-thigh w occasional waist high set. finally set the new 5'8 up quad which loosened her up a shit ton and left the leash in the car for no drag. the lefts were wicked flat and meh, but the rights were a blast if you picked em right. even tucked into a lil inside section for a mini cover up and came out

fun but tiny.

you ever get out yesterday?

it's all about the 8/8/10 rule, b.

forecast looking pretty piss poor for the next week. twas a nice 4 day run of decent enough surf.

Yeah it's been paid for since I bought it. I just am not prepared to pay out of pocket for damages to other vehicles at any point in my intensely fluctuating, youthful financial situation.

i hear ya. living in maine costs me about 280.00 a year in car insurance to be legal for the road. was tough to have to "give in" but ah well. property taxes are practically nothing here, so.......

might be a wave here/there this week. may look at ogt mid late am tomorrow, then thursday could be worth a look.

does nh not require that you actually have cash on hand to pay for injury/damage to others? seems a bit irresponsible and/or selfish to not insure if you don't have the cash on hand.

i was hit and injured by a non-insured driver in maine years ago. had i not been driving w/o a license, things may have ended differently. i think my parents sucked it up and paid for the moped and my medical, cause it was their idea i drive w/o a license. i was 16 at the time, and they were done driving me to the surf. had me leave a board at my girlfriends house, and moped down by myself. was awesome until a hatchback nearly ran me over. they did not let me moped after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    does nh not require that you actually have cash on hand to pay for injury/damage to others? seems a bit irresponsible and/or selfish to not insure if you don't have the cash on hand.
    nope. many people drive w/o insurance in nh cuz they prolly don't have much cash at all and can't afford it. even when i lived in mass in my late teens, i had a p.o. box in lincoln nh that cost me practically nothing so that i could be registered in nh cuz it was way cheaper and i didn't want to spend the cash on insurance if i didn't have to. so long a i was legal i wasn't gonna pay anything that i didn't have to was my reasoning. i knew full well that i couldn't hit anyone tho. i did get hit a few times by insured drivers and collected the cash every time. no probs. when i moved to maine in late 93' i kept my nh plates going for years and i remember getting pulled over for speeding (quick change from 45-35mph zone caught me offguard. the cop asks me for license, registration, and proof of insurance so i gave him 2 out of the 3 and told him that i didn't have any car insurance. he looked at me all bewildered and was like, "you are blatantly driving uninsured?". i then told him that i was completely legal with no insurance as a nh driver. he was so confused/surprised that he just let me go. ah to be 20 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

i was hit and injured by a non-insured driver in maine years ago. had i not been driving w/o a license, things may have ended differently. i think my parents sucked it up and paid for the moped and my medical, cause it was their idea i drive w/o a license. i was 16 at the time, and they were done driving me to the surf. had me leave a board at my girlfriends house, and moped down by myself. was awesome until a hatchback nearly ran me over. they did not let me moped after that.
    I've always had liability insurance. Was not worth the risk imo. It is a stoopid no-law in this wonderful live free or die state. Just another way for fucktards to be irresponsible. We all pay in the end.

oh c'mon, live a little strawjack! think of all the dough you coulda saved! sucker

so uh today was crazy fun at the ogt. shockingly so.

kept an eye on the buoy from early this am and noticed the period lengthening and the size stay over 4' with the right winds and angle to make ogt a go. can't say that i was 100% certain that it was gonna be good, so i brought both boards just in case. i pull up over the hill and a smile crept across my face as i saw that familiar site of perfect bowling a-frames in the waist to chest high range coming in one after another with the period just over 8 seconds. no one out.

for 2 hours it was just 3 of us getting more rights and lefts than we could handle. the leashless 5'8 quad was ridiculous fun. was a perfect sesh to get quantity and quality to go together to really get a feel for how the new board works in different ways. definitely more fun than all 4 of my sessions last week including the overhead turkey day swell. ogt has the zip fer sure.

was also nice that it was sunny with temps in the high 50's.

looks like a pretty active week coming up for surf. wednesday-sunday baby

wow, sounds like og rivah was nice. one of our more photogenic local waves started working for a few days last week..

don't usually post river stoke but here ya go

Sweet riv stoke, C!

next Sunday/Monday could be titties. Just sayin

Outlook is on the up! Sunday Monday looking substantial now. Will be way better than WROD, rudeman

Yup, i've been watching it too... Tough time of year for me to make the jaunt, but I do have some purchases to pick up in VT... it's a 30% maybe

I will be wrod'ing it up tonight, but when it's "16" (read: 7) runs of mixed man-made/natural is it still a WROD?

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    oh c'mon, live a little strawjack! think of all the dough you coulda saved! sucker
    Think of all the dough you could have lost! I've never been without catastrophic health insurance either...f that! All my yrs bummin' I made that a priority. I've lived harder, faster and pushed the envelope more than you homie claus! It wasn't smart, but I made it. And I didn't want to be in debt to anyone.

It was a funboard/longboard day yesterday.

Your reports are like the Jay snow reports...overblown!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Think of all the dough you could have lost! I've never been without catastrophic health insurance either...f that! All my yrs bummin' I made that a priority. I've lived harder, faster and pushed the envelope more than you homie claus! It wasn't smart, but I made it. And I didn't want to be in debt to anyone.
    all my years from outta hs when i left home at 18 till now i've always had full health insurance. got off of the parents insurance at 18 then paid 283.00 every 1/4 for years with awesome coverage when living in maine and not much more when in mass. been with my current employer for close to 10 years with great coverage for pennies. so i was a responsible ski bum for those dozen or so years before my current gig.

It was a funboard/longboard day yesterday.

Your reports are like the Jay snow reports...overblown!
    maine wins every time when the swell's coming in at around 140 degrees. twice the size of nh yesteday at ogt!

solid overhead and clean was the name of the game this am. clean. just 2 of us out this am prolly part due to the size and the fact that everyone may have assumed that it would be messy. not the north end of york after a night of north winds.

paddleouts weren't too bad, altho i'm glad i wasn't on a longboard. the waves were glassy and perfect. both the rights and lefts were yielding lovely results. the new 5'8 set up back to thruster was perfect. held like a freshly tuned pair of race skis and was so easy to snap around. had a nice time with the other guy who just moved back from cali. he was happy that i joined and shocked that there was no one else out. i said, welcome to winter york beach

shitty shot, but oh well. we were actually surfing a bit north of this pic where it was totally clean.

the new whip. closest quiver of one yet

surf for the next week maybe

hey +1 for pics Rawg! otherwise SJ was right and your surf reports were going the way of Jay snow reports without a webcam!

Jay really does need a webcam

Well guess what! I've got a camera now so expect more pics!

ah the drops this am. Ah the drops

Tomorrow