Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

fun morning. pretty. snowy. light offshores. just a few folks out. chest to head high. super clean. YAY!.

so nice. mikey likes it

clean surf in the forecast for at least the next 6-7 days. small, but should be really fun right tide/spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge. View Post
    I'm going for the world record for most amount of salt water swallowed in one surf sesh. Got tossed today.
    Funny, my little man got hammered yesterday also. Was held under the longest he's ever been. Looking nice an clean right now....I'm sure he's hitting it as I type this...then ski tomorrow. Life is good.

Skiing Cannon tomorrow, back in the water Sunday. Life is good indeed straw!

Buoy holding pretty steady. Another untracked pow day tomorrow

Fun 2.5 hour lunchbreak from work today at the wall. Incoming tide and offshore winds made for some fun shortboard surf. Waist-stomach a-frame fun. May head back nh way in the am.

FUN!!!

So i guess they banned thewon for posting ski stoke in ecrc. Fuckit.

york was head high and clean this am. Just me, then another, then one more came out as the two of us headed in. Gorgeous swells coming thru.

happy holidays friends

Little swell is producing waist/chest for the ec'ers

Waist high clean and sunny. Good day for my boys to have off.

Last edited by strawjack; 01-19-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Nice to see you guys are out all seasons. This thread has gone quite once summer ended and rog got triple banned.

Where are you guys? Or rather where is that beach?

I have been skiing! Just got back from driving all over the country in search of the other kinda swells.

Although, I am trying to sell my shortie I can barely ride/shouldn't have bought. I am going to keep riding my 6' 6" instead, I have not been in the water since Christmas

TRYING TO CHANGE THAT VERY SOON

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Nice to see you guys are out all seasons. This thread has gone quite once summer ended and rog got triple banned.

Where are you guys? Or rather where is that beach?
    That's the Wall...Hampton. It was good, but closing out according to my boys. I don't surf for shit, but my kids live for it. I'm a board short surfer.

If you or anyone you know is interested, also price police? Never sold a board before

http://nh.craigslist.org/spo/4856002144.html
    Last edited by Pudge.; 01-20-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Never heard of it.

NE located surfboard to NE surfers, makes sense to me alpy.

How much you weigh P? I'm a decent surfer, with almost 30 years under the belt and ride fairly juicy waves and at 185#, my 6.0 is 19 1/8 x 2 1/2. Much more volume than that board your selling. That might be part of the issue. I also think my is fuller through the tail/nose than that board. Next time around May consider something with more volume to allow the glide to develop. Just a thought. But then again, maybe you weigh 140#.

Ott, I am a little shy of 160. Maybe it was the volume, but I just don't think I was ready for a high performance shortie after a year on and off of a 6' 6" fun board and rental long boards.

Plan to spend a while longer on the egg until I think I can make a move. But rather than buying from a big company like CI I am thinking of going to the local shaper Sashi. My friend has a 5 Star he loves. Could probably get a shape that is much more appropriate for me

Go local. Totally my advice on boards. They know your waves. Probably right with sticking with the egg. They allow you to figure out things better. Better paddling allows you to track down a peak better. Glide flat spot better. Make sections better. Once you start feelin like you are unable to push the board around like you want, find something smaller. What I mean is at some point you'll be trying tighter bottoms turns, more vertical moves up the face, floaters, pulling into tubes, etc and the egg will feel fat, slow and cumbersome. That is the time you want something zippier.

Anyone out surfin the super storm? Or are ya all going skiing? We have not had snow in almost a month, but the surf has been cranking.

Last edited by TomCrac; 01-28-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Those look fun. How cold was it? I can recall winters on Rockaway being pretty damn chilly. And up until now, I though NJ was all rights.

I wasn't there but water temps are in the mid 30's. Been a long time since I've surfed in the winter.

With the super storm the swells were there, but winds were consistently shit for any breaks NH. But I took to pow booters, football in a couple feet, and root tables made of snow around campus to celebrate the two snow days

Still have a CI TLow, 300 to any mag

^^^Sell that thing and buy Couliorman's funboard.

Yeah, definitely what he said!

Just brought it into CR today to sell on consignment. They got more eyes coming through with intent to actually buy shit.

And I already have a funboard! I technically sold it to my roommate, but he has used it once and told me I can borrow it whenever. Sooooo I am good

definitely what he said!