Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

East Coast Surf

^***howd that work out?

And EC folks, how has this thread been dead with Gert, etc?

W/o BC slater and rog this thread is quiet. Bring the stoke folks.

Summerrime blues, not much surf. I'm dying to get on the water, if only to Bob in the ocean and ride a couple ankle slappers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

That is what I love about the log. Even when it is 3", I can still be out there. And in summer, board shorts.

Got a great session in last Wednesday when we had that brief bump. Shit disorganized side swell at Higgins to start but as the tide came in it cleaned up big time. Had basically ignored the surfboards since moving back east but damn it felt good to get back out there! Now I want to ignore the bikes haha.

Had a fun SUP session off Willard beach last night just getting some distance in, excited for tomorrow eve through Thursday. Stoked for 'cane season!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

fall's looking good up here in NE!

Ya'll got something brewing right now. Might need to be south of the cape as it looks like it is going to be taking off toward yurp.

and I'm north of it....well see what we get

I think tomorrow's gonna be the day up north of Provincetown!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I think tomorrow's gonna be the day up north of Provincetown!
    Yeah, looking that way.

My oldest got out almost every day all summer long. Mostly on the log, but he was out there. Of course he had to work on the RI day...which was the best day of the summer. Bummer. My youngest was leaving yesterday for the trip west back to SC, but delayed to see what this brings.

Meanwhile, Crop gave me a new board to use and I haven't even gotten the thing wet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, looking that way.

My oldest got out almost every day all summer long. Mostly on the log, but he was out there. Of course he had to work on the RI day...which was the best day of the summer. Bummer. My youngest was leaving yesterday for the trip west back to SC, but delayed to see what this brings.

Meanwhile, Crop gave me a new board to use and I haven't even gotten the thing wet yet.
    Well in the balance of things that's still remarkable. I can't even imagine being able to surf everyday in the summer. It'd be too convenient!

What's you get from Crop? I wanna get a log now that I'm here... can do decently riding a SUP down a mellow wave despite the nerve damage and balance issues, feel like i could pull it off minus all the walking up and down the board. Those loggers were doing circles around me last night on my potato chip!

new to the seacoast scene...surfed up here a bunch before but trying to figure out good spots this fall...down to meet some surf mags eventually in southern maine!

Saw some pictures of Rockaway today that looked humbling. Get after it!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Well in the balance of things that's still remarkable. I can't even imagine being able to surf everyday in the summer. It'd be too convenient!

What's you get from Crop? I wanna get a log now that I'm here... can do decently riding a SUP down a mellow wave despite the nerve damage and balance issues, feel like i could pull it off minus all the walking up and down the board. Those loggers were doing circles around me last night on my potato chip!
    Yeah, well he works next to Crop and is in college, so he got out all the time...because he can.

It's not my board, he just gave it to me to try. Just a fun board. My oldest has a Tudor log. My youngest doesn't have a log as his boards are all about SC...and storage space. He's looking at a potato or a fish to round out his quiver to 3.

Today is a good day. Thinking tomorrow will be good for me. I'm actually up your town tonight for a work thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Saw some pictures of Rockaway today that looked humbling. Get after it!
    any to share?

just got out after a nice morning in Maine. Beautiful, quite, nice change of pace.

Looks like the train is going to keep rolling up the east coast...

Yeah, well he works next to Crop and is in college, so he got out all the time...because he can.

It's not my board, he just gave it to me to try. Just a fun board. My oldest has a Tudor log. My youngest doesn't have a log as his boards are all about SC...and storage space. He's looking at a potato or a fish to round out his quiver to 3.

Today is a good day. Thinking tomorrow will be good for me. I'm actually up your town tonight for a work thing.
    I'd push him toward the fish, unless by potato you don't mean chip, but egg. SC can get some downntime, and it is nice to have a full foam board to get by. Then again, he is not here in summer. But that first month of school is can still be summer like. If I recall correctly, last September was much better than average.

Good to see y'all getting swell.

Alev, PM me. I know the stretch between Goose Rocks and York pretty well and can share beta. Search out Rog in York. He is good peeps irl. Guy knows his zone.

Yes, an egg. There's a good chance next summer he'll be in SC.

And yeah, Rog is dialed on the surf. He's at Pioneers if you wanna look him up. ...But he's still a full on kook! Hi Rog

Is indeed! Was cramping like crazy when I first went out but after a pause for a beach stretch all was well and caught some beauts. So nice taking speed down the line!

I'm headed back out to Higgins tonight around 5/5:30 if you wanna join!

rockaway again this morning

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    rockaway again this morning

Sick!! Are these your pics??

I still don't understand why everyone south of New England gets barrels like these and we don't... sandbar magic? There's one spot i used to hit that would occasionally break like that, but 90% of the time it was a close out.

Is that Rockaway NY or Rockaway NJ?

They're on my Instagram!

Rockaway nj? Uh, no.

East Coast Surf

Sick!! Are these your pics??

I still don't understand why everyone south of New England gets barrels like these and we don't... sandbar magic? There's one spot i used to hit that would occasionally break like that, but 90% of the time it was a close out.
    1) no every where barrels, but rockaway is definitely set up for it. Steep sand bars help.

2) the georges bank runs from off Nova Scotia to off Cape Cod. In effect, a shallow bank that slows the waves as they enter the deep waters in the gulf of Maine. Slower waves also line up nicely on those points.

3) there are sick tubes in Maine and I'd tell you where but then be required to break your ankle or something. Think counter wave at O, some spot south of timber and another outside of timber. Hell, even lefties can tube, but small. Fortunes sometimes as well as outer jetties when the guard is down and of course there is mystotubes between gooches and parsons.

3) RI had lots of tubes. More reef style than sand style

4) Cape hatteras is just so perfect for sand bottom tubes. Avon and fresco and the lighthouse. Geez. So I guess how see how it can seem tubaliscious.

5) I miss surfing rockaway on those good days. Such an underrated break and two blocks from a subway stop in the biggest city in North America. I recall a line up there one day with at least 8 different languages being spoken. English, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Cantonese (I think) and German. And Jamaican. If you want to count that.

6) oh. And many of those still shots you see are not long for that view. The beauty of the still. I remember someone shooting pic of folks hacking on skis and reminding them they didn't have to land anything, just look like they were going to.

Yes, the beauty of a still pic...can make a 'meh' anything look epic.

My buddy who was a pro caliber bump skier out of kmart went surfing yesterday and ended up with 7 stitches, concussion, and possibly broken orbital. Not good.

But, he was a full on kook for being out there as a rookie surfer. Any decent athlete can get sucked into surfing clean head high waves and be way over their head instantly. Could have been worse, so he's got that going for him.

Another good day today...

My home beach is going to get some swell. RCs is going to be thumping! Wishen I was there instead of here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

But I temper my exuberance with sober reality...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?