Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast Surf

Jeffrey's Ledge buoy has been pumping for 24h now... cleanup tomorrow morn?

^that's the hope

I'm looking for a new longboard or funboard to teach my girlfriend how to surf on. Anyone in the area selling something in the 8'-8'6"range? I'll be between providence and NH/VT a few times in the coming weeks so can meet somewhere farther north if need be. Nothing too expensive. Pm me

Today was great, straight offshore winds. Lot of people out!

East Coast Surf

Jajajjajajajajjjjjajjjjaaaa. Yeah, but did ya wear board shorts bra?

A little wasn't doing the hordes until a little got more.

had fun at Long Sands friday morning, north end was nice and clean with good shape. then grabbed a snack, napped at bit and enjoyed late-checkout, surfed my simmons a little at high-tide and headed to Hampton for about 3pm til dark which was clean and pumping

long sands AKA the rog zone

Where did Mr knee to waist go ?? Jajaaaaaa

Saturday pm, all day Sunday, and Monday am should be worth a look.

saturday pm wasn't half bad. drove down to cowhampshire late am to pick up the new board and take wifey out for sushi. on our way home we drove by york beach and there was a wave. 12 or so feet @ 8 seconds with just two guys out total. winds were quite brisk (20-25+ mph) straight outta the north. north end it is. chest to head with o-head sets and fairly clean even if a tad cross textured from the honk'n northerlies. wifey gave me the green light to give the new board a go.

went home, waxed up the new toy, suited up, and was beach bound. new board has the exact same volume (29.5) as the board i just traded in. i hafta admit, pulling on the 5/4 and 7mm boots and gloves came about 2/3 weeks early and felt hella heavy, but good to get on the new board weighing as much as i ever will with all that rubber. lots of water moving. lots of duck diving, like sometimes 20+ waves with rapid frequency each time back out from a ride. board paddles well, dives well, and surfs really well. so nice to drop a half inch of width while keeping the same length (5'8) and thickness (2.38). matt hid the volume super stealth like somewhere in there. biggest thing i noticed is how frickin fast the thing is down the line when pumping the top half of the wave. going from a vee bottom to single to double concave made the lift and drive wicked noticeable. conditions were tough with the stong winds and tide, so it wasn't one of those high quantity, high quality, high wave count session. got a few good turns here and there with a coupla long liners, but nothing special.

tomorrows looking good with brisk winds and overhead surf all day. will prolly wait till mid afternoon to let the "crowds" leave and for a bit more west in the wind to take hold. i'll post a coupla pics of the new board when i get them.

anyone else get some? tomorrow? monday am should be sweet as well.

Thanks! Update has my stoke meter pegged to 11!

Pretty much same plan as you.

Congrats on the miniwon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 11-01-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

thanx a bunch, T! she sleeps all swaddled up on my arm right now. ah, post surf beer and cupcakes, my baby girl, and TGR! life is GOOD!

i'll keep an eye out for ya

Yawn to the jibjab blog talk.....friend sent these to me of the surf in cape Hatteras yesterday.....

new board pics

lost v3 rocket with hydroflex glassing process. VERY expensive. VERY strong. quite light.

Dude. Nice making the chicken. Best stoke evar'.

Are the rails fuller? I used to keep volume with the full rails mid and front and a flat deck. I was talking with my shaper re volume a few weeks ago, and discussing how big deck pressure dings effect volume and float. Obviously volume would decrease, but if the board is still sealed buoyancy should not change, theoretically, until the whole thing is submerged. But compressing foam makes it denser, which would be less buoyant. Anyway, tangent. So you get a new stick and a new little one. Good for ya.

So how much you weigh? I've been on a 32l eps the last few years. Can't imagine if want much less. Got a 6.6 coming that should be a bit over 34, which will make paddling into the meat that much easier. When I go down to a groveler, I'd imagine I'd want about that much. The board I rode at wells this summer I think must have been 35/36. It was a full 5'11".

Hey kingfishbrah, you know you can choose not to come here, or read this. You do know that. You are woe come to go away. Or put people on ignore. You can also go on just being a prick, but at least learn how to fucking post pics full size and imbed video. I can't even see that shit you hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Dude. Nice making the chicken. Best stoke evar'.
    thank you

Are the rails fuller?
    eh i'd say rails are moderately full thru mid body and he got me the extra .25-.30L of volume over the stock 5'8 dims by extending the mid width just a tab bit more forward, which i like for paddling. i wouldn't say that it paddles quite as well as my monkfish did, but with the concave it seemed to really take off once i caught a wave and there was a big difference when i hit the bottom of a head + wave in how it railed much more confidently and just wanted to get back up the face. the acceleration was really something. could be that it's a brand new board that doesn't have over 150 sessions on it. the hydroflex tech fuses the glass right into the blank and all the air and resin is sucked out by a vacum (sp?) process that makes the board wicked strong and makes it so that deck delamination is not very likely to occur down the road. i paid a coupla hundred extra for the hydroflex, but matt assured me that i'd get more than twice the life out of it than a regular poly, but it would surf like a good poly does without having to go the xtr (rides kinda like an epoxy board) route to get the durability. oh and having ridden a ton of hybrid short boards over the last 6 or so years i noticed the pulled in nose when going rail to rail. so much less foam in the way up front. noticed it on some drops where i might have catched a bit on my slightly wider nosed boards.
    So you get a new stick and a new little one. Good for ya.
    ya, wife is very cool about me and my gear. and the little one, oh that little one. no gear can compare!

So how much you weigh? I've been on a 32l eps the last few years. Can't imagine if want much less. Got a 6.6 coming that should be a bit over 34, which will make paddling into the meat that much easier. When I go down to a groveler, I'd imagine I'd want about that much. The board I rode at wells this summer I think must have been 35/36. It was a full 5'11".
    i'm prolly around 170 right now. with all of the mtb riding, my legs have built a ton of muscle like they used to be a few years back. i'm usually about 165, but i'm feeling a bit heavier. same weight since the 11th grade

my mini driver that i rode in anything from thigh high ogt and up was 27.8L and that's the lowest i've gone. 29.5 feels about right for me. at this point i wouldn't go any lower and if i went over 30, maybe to 31 it would be for a true summer groveler like a bottom feeder or an rv, or i just use the 8'2 in the garage. when it's under waist high that board works great.

SUPER windy this am. gonna do projects around the house till later when hopefully the wind diminishes some.

nice times out at york beach this afternoon. chest to head high with some plus sets and clean. some closeouts, but corners were there for the taking. i had much better luck finding connectable lefts, but had a coupla fun rights here and there. the tide got a bit wonky after the 1st hour. the waves were doin the old peak up enough to tease ya, and them just as you started scratching the wave would oftentimes back down enough so that you couldn't catch it. kinda tough at times, but wrong sands tends to do that at times so nothing unexpected. today was a much better test for the new board as condtions were much more consistent and user friendly than yesterday. really starting to dig the board. it paddled much better today for some reason. prolly cuz i got used to wearing the heavy rubber yesterday. the board feels more precise in certain situations than my last board did and i have it setup thruster where i surfed my last board primarily as a quad. thruster definitely feels less skatey. not a bad thing.

ran into (not literally) MPPG out there. he'd been out all friggin day practically, ANIMAL! he'd been out since 10:30 and i paddled out at like 1:45. i spent the morning/mid day on a ladder inside the house caulking this and futzing with that while the snow fell and the wood stove cranked. i almost blew off surfing as i was quite cozy in the house. nice to see you again, T! let me know when yer coming next time! we'll do coffee, beers, or both!

waves were really pretty today. got outta the water at 4:00 and high tailed it back to mama and baby.

not holding much hope at this point for much being left in the am with the moderate nw winds blowing, but i'll be checking it early.

oh, texted back and forth with therudeness today. sounds like he hit up surf and burgers in nh.

maybe another swell later in the week

brog out

yup, had a fun day down NH way.. non-stop waves, honkin wind and blowin rain/sleet/snow kinda day

got my cam out for a few minutes post-session, took a few shots even though my fingers wern't working properly

nice rudeman!

thought i might see you venture york way for another serving.

We were on a bit of a timeline with the short days and all, finished up at Jenness where it was quite big but lacked the protection that we had found earlier.

With some successful and snowy trail-clearing on saturday, was a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    was a great weekend!
    sure was!

and this morning/early afternoon the fun continued........

ah, mondays. oh how i wish that every day was a monday.

checked the surf early and it just wasn't inspiring enough to get suited up. went home, took care of the girls then we took a mid morning walk back down to the beach to get everyone out on this glorious sunny 50 degree monday. as we approached the short rise up to the beach road i could hear waves roaring in and i thought, "hmmm, that sounds pretty good". we came up over the rise and right then and there i knew i'd be coming back down to surf after we walked home.

got back to the beach just after 1100 am and the beach was empty. twas super windy but blowing straight offshore. perfect thigh+ sets coming in, maybe even waist high, and coming in on the regular. due to the winds, i grabbed the 8'2 and had one of the most fun sessions in quite some time. wave after wave after wave. flawless. lefts/rights, angle in and tuck n trim. loooooooooong rides right into shin deep water over and over. looking at it from the car i had no idea how good it was gonna be. giddy. dozens of good rides. the brisk winds were holding the 11 second period waves up so well. i did a lot of arm stuffing thru the face of the waves to slow down and stay right in the pocket. surfed till about 100pm then had to make a beer run for mama.

nice to be back in the 4/3 today. like really nice.

friday could be fun.

Sunday was one of the best days of the year for me, even if I did almost put a fin from my twin-keel fish up my ass; ripping the fin box out of the board.

5hrs on the water is great training for cold ski seasons.

Great to see and ride with ya Rog. take care and hope to be back this weekend if the swell materializes
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Sunday was one of the best days of the year for me, even if I did almost put a fin from my twin-keel fish up my ass; ripping the fin box out of the board.

5hrs on the water is great training for cold ski seasons.

Great to see and ride with ya Rog. take care and hope to be back this weekend if the swell materializes
    sounds great, T!

i still cannot believe how you switched boards so fast! you musta been running!

hit me up for any info later in the week. i be your eyes on the water

take care!

One from last sunday. fun powder day surf sesh.

This weekend bump looks like a no-show.
    get paid

nice surf/snow photo from the home break!

surf forecast not looking so hot. maybe mid next week.

things are looking kinda fun starting tomorrow thru friday am. thursday could be REALLY fun.