Thread: Muscle Shoals

Muscle Shoals

Anybody who digs the roots of rock/soul/r&b simply has to check out this film. Smart money orders the DVD with extra features/commentaries over the iTunes download. More clips here.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

That looks good.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Saw it last night. Great soundtrack.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Saw it last night too. Good stuff. I grew up down there but didn't know the history. Good stuff.

just yesterday won a four hour tour of MSS and FAME, and Muscle Shoals, through a JazzFest forum raffle, with Judy Hood hosting. Now gotta figure out how/when to get down there and soak it in...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

"Muscle shoals got the swampers,
    and they been known..." etc.

Story goes my sister's boyfriend's brother was fishing around for something in their mom's purse and found a candy wrapper signed on the inside by Keith Richards & Mick Jagger. this was about 1970. When he asked ther mom about it she said oh yea, when we were at the beach last month (myrtle beach) some greasy long haired english boys spoke nicely to me on the beach, said you'd want that." don't you know hundreds of stories like that are floating around that part of alabama.
    "Can't you see..."