Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US Forrest Service sides with Alta on snowboard ban.

"Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Damn, I ran out of popcorn.

haha...ground floor on this bitch!

eat it draggers.

Ski, Forrest, ski!

i thought it was an april fools joke, google says no.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Ski, Forrest, ski!
    good eye, what will jenny do??

no cares you can't snowboard alta.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    maybe they can re cunt the issue, what would a snobording ghandi do?

sit down in the middle of the hill.
    b
    with a camelback full of 93 octane and a lighter

the agony
    watch out for snakes

the lolz…….

Forest Service is also being sued and named as a defendant….

so, yeah they are "defensive", no one likes to lose in this country….even if they are wrong.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I am guessing that the USFS is afraid that if snowboarders can convince a court that their 14th Amendment rights are being violated by the snowboarding ban at Alta then the next lawsuit is going to be from the OHV/mountain bike/equestrian lobby. So they have to defend.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    I am guessing that the USFS is afraid that if snowboarders can convince a court that their 14th Amendment rights are being violated by the snowboarding ban at Alta then the next lawsuit is going to be from the OHV/mountain bike/equestrian lobby. So they have to defend.
    Mt. Biking vs Horse back riding has been never-ending and this will be a good start. The forest service can get fucked.
    Terje was right.

my friends dad (oral surgeon) got smoked by a showborder last week in Aspen

the border was out of control and hit him hard resulting in a ruined week of skiing and a fractured hip

hopefully we can get a combined skier/boarder cross to finally settle the age old debate : who is better, the skier or the snowboarder

i think we already know but it would be fun to have it televised
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    my friends dad (oral surgeon) got smoked by a showborder last week in Aspen

the border was out of control and hit him hard resulting in a ruined week of skiing and a fractured hip

hopefully we can get a combined skier/boarder cross to finally settle the age old debate : who is better, the skier or the snowboarder

i think we already know but it would be fun to have it televised
    I think almost every Skier has a story like this.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

I dont get why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between you, yourself, personally, cannot come here because of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, etc, etc (discrimination) and you cannot recreate that way here(someone making rules some dont like).

Not getting to do what you want where you want is not discrimination. It's like the people who cry that they are discriminated against because of tattoos or piercings they chose to get.

THAT'S RASCISM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Tats and piercings are a form of self mutilation.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I dont get why it is so hard for some to understand the difference between you, yourself, personally, cannot come here because of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, etc, etc (discrimination) and you cannot recreate that way here(someone making rules some dont like).

Not getting to do what you want where you want is not discrimination. It's like the people who cry that they are discriminated against because of tattoos or piercings they chose to get.

You are on crack. MonoSkiers are allowed but not snowboarders? Stupidity from management.
    Terje was right.

CRY BABY, CRY!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    You are on crack. MonoSkiers are allowed but not snowboarders? Stupidity from management.
    This place unloading my truck wouldnt let me in without a safety green hard hat with VISITOR painted on it. My hard hat is blue. Id rather wear it, but the bright green hat probably increases my safety a little bit just like banning snowboarders at Alta.

Mono skiers don't have a blindspot like snowboarders, and they arent associated with punk kids by crotchety old men in power. .

Its a business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Rethink this....

Discrimination Defined - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things

how is it any more or less prejudicial to base a set of rules on someones religion vs their tattoos or piercings? or based on their disabilities vs their choice of skis v snowboards.

Did you forget that you can choose your religion? and that many disabled persons are disabled due to choices they made?

...... And we are talking about limiting actives on federal lands, not in someones private residence.

...again, I am just glad that most minorities cannot afford to ski or snowboard thanks to an inherently racist history of domestic policy. The Hispanics would really fuck with my skiing, with their lazy siestas in the middle of the run.... Merica. Fuck ya!
    So, you are cool with OHV and mountain bikes mixed on busy trail systems? If someone can hike cross country, why can't I take my ATV across that meadow? I can't walk well and you are discriminating against me because of my disability.

I don't really give a shit about Alta, but I do want the see the USFS's ability to delineate areas off limits for certain user groups continue for many many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    bit of strife within the dept. of ag. keeps the beurocracy humming.
    b
    I think the lawyers actually work for the Department of Justice.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    CRY BABY, CRY!!!!!!
    GET THOSE RANGERS FIRED DASCUNT!

If I recall correctly, you can snowboard on the runs but not ride the lifts...

What about sledding on ski runs, ski bikes, snow skaters, uphill traffic, snowshoers...

Religion is also cultural, and cannot be compared to how you slide on snow... cant be Christian one day and Muslim the next...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Mixed trail usage is not the same thing ... banning snowboards is like saying " only Clydesdale can use these trails, palominos GTFO" .... and this trail is only for all mountain bikes, DH bikes..GTFO.

apples and oranges.
    Discrimination Defined - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things

how is it any more or less prejudicial to base a set of rules on someones religion vs their tattoos or piercings? or based on their disabilities vs their choice of skis v snowboards.

Edit, I realize the slippery slope fallacy I am presenting, and again, I could give a shit about snowboarders at Alta. I just don't see how this same "discrimination" argument couldn't be used by sledders or OHV folks to say that "I am disabled" and your trail/area closure is preventing me from accessing x area.

If alta loses this fight, I am totally taking my radio flyer down all the groomers and riding the lifts back up. It is discrimination to not let me decide how I want to slide down the hill and use the lifts.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)