Tibial Plateau Contusion, Partial MCL Teal

**Edit: I searched and unfortunately there are a ton of threads regarding Tibial Plateau Fractures, but not too many on TP Bruises, so I will leave this up:

So I suffered a partial tear of my MCL, contusion of my tibial plateau, and fracture of my femur (non-load bearing; a complete non-issue according to Doc) two weeks ago.

The doctor said he is unconcerned by the partial MCL tear. It's a minor tear, I'm in good shape, and I don't need surgery. If that was the only injury, I could return to skiing very soon.

The main issue is the tibial plateau bone bruise which impacts a pretty crucial area in the knee. It's not a true fracture and the doctor said I can return to non-contact sports very soon (in a week or two, so four weeks from the date of the injury). I can

I'm trying to stay positive and hope I can get some spring turns in, but I don't want to be dumb and cause any long term damage as I've gotten lucky and have a good deal now compared to how bad it could have been.

Has anybody had this type of injury? What was the recovery like -- specifically relating to skiing? I appreciate any advice!
    Last edited by zachseel; 03-27-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Currently on zero weight bearing week 3 of 11 of sitting on my couch with a broken tibial plateau.

In hindsight, I think I injured it a couple months ago and blew it off as a close call, then finished it off a couple of weeks ago. Broken in 2 places, 2 plates and a bunch of screws.

My advice would be to take it really frickin easy getting back on the horse.

Regct, so sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you have a quick and full recovery!

Thanks for the advice. This is something I don't want to mess with, especially after reading a lot of the threads here. I was able to ski for two days after the injury (It hurt but it felt better after a day off and I didn't realize it was so bad). Maybe I should just count my blessings and build up my legs for May skiing/next season.