Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    For powder it's 191cm Head Boneshakers with FKS. 183 Rossi Axiom if its a bit rocky. Have some 196cm Blizzard Bodacious that I need to mount up now that it looks like we're getting some snow.

For packed snow trees, 179cm K2 Public Enemy, soon to be replaced with 187cm Blizzard Bushwhackers.

Benny bumps a 2.5 year old thread to give it to la Rog.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Actually, I'm in need of a fat little thing for the woods this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    For powder it's 191cm Head Boneshakers with FKS. 183 Rossi Axiom if its a bit rocky. Have some 196cm Blizzard Bodacious that I need to mount up now that it looks like we're getting some snow.

For packed snow trees, 179cm K2 Public Enemy, soon to be replaced with 187cm Blizzard Bushwhackers.
    You suck. What do you know about powder? You ski Killington. And why the fuck are you on 187s in Killington trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Such a stud.
    No, it's actually reality.

Benny, I've been skiing 191 in trees for years. I'm now on a 187. It's truly a simple concept, turn left, turn right, avoid the trees.

Maybe it's because many of us skied 208-210 for years in the trees that these 'new' boards are short and practically turn themselves?

I'm bringing back a pair of Icelantic Nomads in 168 this year specifically for some tress up on Black Mountain of Maine. I find the short skis nice especially if you end up down the rabbit holes the snowboarders put in.

You suck. What do you know about powder? You ski Killington. And why the fuck are you on 187s in Killington trees?
    For powder in the woods, 191's:

Totally fine in the woods. I'm thinking the 196 Bodacious will be OK too, because much more rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    For powder in the woods, 191's:

Totally fine in the woods. I'm thinking the 196 Bodacious will be OK too, because much more rocker.
    Are you mentally damaged? Please tell me before I go any further, or, did you fuck up and post the wrong video?

Awesome graphics, though. Lemmy!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I'm bringing back a pair of Icelantic Nomads in 168 this year specifically for some tress up on Black Mountain of Maine. I find the short skis nice especially if you end up down the rabbit holes the snowboarders put in.
    That's what I'm talking about. Ideally, I would love to own another pair of Llasa Pows in, oh, maybe 172-5. Alas, that aint happening.
    My buddy is an excellent snowboarder and instructor at Kmart, but, he's small, and takes me into tight, tight places. There is no use for length in there, and I'm talking about storm events when you're in the trees for 2-3 days, using groomers as just a way back.

Are you mentally damaged? Please tell me before I go any further, or, did you fuck up and post the wrong video?

Awesome graphics, though. Lemmy!
    Lol what? I'm pretty sure those have been my main powder skis for the last 3 years, and that they are mounted -1.5 cm from the rearmost line, and that I ski them in the woods at Killington and Pico.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKIS.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	339.3 KB 
ID:	194330

You not only suck, you're a moron. Did you watch the video you posted? Did you listen to the nice young man? Those skis are designed and marketed for conditions that are all the way on the other side of the spectrum of powder skiing. You know, BIG MOUNTAIN....tain........tain.........tain. do you also live in a five bedroom house as a single person? (Of course you're single) Do you drive an Excursion? Eat too much?

Liking the lib tech freeride in tight trees and variable snow.
    Light, predictable, pivots easy, tips will not dive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    No, it's actually reality.

Benny, I've been skiing 191 in trees for years. I'm now on a 187. It's truly a simple concept, turn left, turn right, avoid the trees.

Maybe it's because many of us skied 208-210 for years in the trees that these 'new' boards are short and practically turn themselves?
    best channeling of la rawj 2016
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

You not only suck, you're a moron. Did you watch the video you posted? Did you listen to the nice young man? Those skis are designed and marketed for conditions that are all the way on the other side of the spectrum of powder skiing. You know, BIG MOUNTAIN....tain........tain.........tain. do you also live in a five bedroom house as a single person? (Of course you're single) Do you drive an Excursion? Eat too much?
    Awwww Beeny you're so cute! You know, they are very good at 50 mph in crud when they need to be, but they're also really nice in powder bumps. Surprisingly maneuverable. Not any heavier or unwieldy than my 183 Axioms. If you need a 160ish ski to ski in the woods, you're probably a girl. Heck, I know 100lb women that ski a 168cm powder ski in the woods at Killington, and plenty of normal sized women on 170+. Most men I know are on a 185 to 195 powder ski around here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKIS2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	194331

You really suck. And you just keep on sucking.

You really suck. And you just keep on sucking.
    Name:  4HgSpk3.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  230.2 KB

I dare you to post a picture of you holding them at the top of a lift at Killington on a snowy day. I'm convinced that you have never skied them. I'm in for 20 bucks, easy, if you post that picture. Anybody else?

I dare you to post a picture of you holding them at the top of a lift at Killington on a snowy day. I'm convinced that you have never skied them. I'm in for 20 bucks, easy, if you post that picture. Anybody else?
    Try a reverse image search on either of those photos. Where do you think I got them?

Nope, you, standing there, smiling, in a place I know, with snow. You can throw me the bird, that's ok, been there.

Nope, you, standing there, smiling, in a place I know, with snow. You can throw me the bird, that's ok, been there.
    Name:  64192826.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  48.8 KB

WTF?
    watch out for snakes

We just need a way to work 26" wheels into this.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    best channeling of la rawj 2016
    Hey, we communicate frequently. I'm a much better skier than him and he skis on these little shitty skinny skis. I like 'em mo phatter.

Short skis still suck

Benny, just buy whatever puts a smile on your face. It really doesn't matter. FWIW...I only ski in the trees via lift service...no matter what the conditions are...as long as we have a base...but that is why I didn't ride a lift last year. I despise groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    We just need a way to work 26" wheels into this.

Eastern tree skiers...

Once again Bunny is correct. We've been skiing em way too long back here. I'm done forcing skis into turns. I'm running 174's this season. I only weigh 148 lbs at 5'11". I'm lean and nimble just like my 174's! My big ski for Utah trips will be a volkl 100eight in a 181
    Ymmv
    crab in my shoe mouth

Actually, I'm in need of a fat little thing for the woods this year.
    PM Rontele?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.