Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    My two boys still talk about waiting in line on big days, that is quality bonding time.
    Fuck bonding, daddy needs to drop off the kids at ski school to get some pow turns.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I've decided that if we have any crap snow days this year while my daughter is in her ski program I'll cruse the green and blue groomers and kick the shit out of skiers and boarders (ok, it'll mostly be boarders) who go flying past kids and almost hit them.
    I think this will end badly for you. It is a hard line. At what point do you have too much to loose to kick the shit out of some kid. Two weeks ago I' gaping it up with a couple of beginner nieces when a kid comes by and yells at me as I'm stopped on the side of the run "get out of my way". Rather than letting it go, I catch him and say lets talk to a patroller about what you just did. By the time we reach the lift, I tell the liftie what happened. The kid is telling me he is going to call his lawyer who will destroy me, or fight me because he is a My Tie fighter. Of course as he's telling me he's calling his lawyer, I'm thinking his lawyer probably knows me and went to school with me.. The lefties took him aside and I'm sure they did nothing. When he called me "old man" that was the one that really made me want to give him a bit of a face scrub. When I had nothing to loose, the kid would have gone home in an ambulance. All my chasing him down to let him know that he was in the wrong did was piss me off on what was otherwise a great day. I think blocking for a lesson would yield similar results. Blocking for your kid (skiing behind and above to force space) is something I think I would consider. I frankly don't know how instructors do it at PCMR in the early season. It would freak me out to have to keep more than one kid safe on the WSOD.

Yeah, I block above one while the wife blocks above the other. For what it worth it's my 40th year on the slopes. It's just a huge change in gapers for us. My kids even stop at all trial intersections, look uphill and state loudly "no goons, let's go!"

I argued with the wife about sillytude due to the LCC wait....still being debated.

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    My kids even stop at all trial intersections, look uphill and state loudly "no goons, let's go!"
    ^^ pretty comical. made the switch from brighton to soli because ... and i hate to say it since i only ride boards ... but it is the snowboarders that are the problem. all those jibbers going batshit crazy down low near the lifts is no bueno. good luck and hope your kids avoid the goons

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Yeah, I block above one while the wife blocks above the other. For what it worth it's my 40th year on the slopes. It's just a huge change in gapers for us. My kids even stop at all trial intersections, look uphill and state loudly "no goons, let's go!!
    I empathize. I volunteer with an adaptive ski program, where keeping a "Ring of Saftey" around the client is a major part of the effort. With my 'large mass', short skis, a lot of years playing hockey, no poles, and the moral high ground, it can be fun to *politely* initiate a *little* body contact with gapers in the name of safety.