Thread: please help me.

please help me.

About 6-8 weeks ago I slipped on ice and twisted my right knee. A couple days later it was hunting and really swollen. I went to urgent care and they took an extra and looked at my knee. I was given med. for pain and fluid around the knee. Also orders to stay off it for a week. After that week I went to my docs and they did all different monuvors and they came back negative, but sent me to pt.they did think I strained my LCL. I'm at my fourth week of pt and today she said that she thinks its my muniscus. And if it does not start feeling better then I'm going back to the doctors.
    It hurts on the outside mostly. Sore to the touch. Pops when bending and steightening and makes a wonderful grinding noise sometimes. Walking up and down stairs bother it. And when slightly bend it feels like it locks up and I have to get the weight off it and slowly bend and streighten it.
    What is wrong with my knee?
    What are ur experiences with muniscus iinjurys??
    Thanks

I agree with the PT. sounds suspiciously like a meniscus tear. ( the locking is giving it away for me ) can't tell if there is a tear on an x-ray. need an MRI and really tell... however, that may not show if it is a small tear or not open enough.

Have your PT do a Lachman's test. to see if your ACL is intact. Then try a squat. that should be painful.

all of your symptoms are typical of a torn meniscus. Sore to the touch. swelling, down stairs, and especially locking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_of_meniscus

I have torn my MCL and LCL on my right knee on different occasions. that pain was minor compared to when I tore my Left knee MCL and my medial meniscus in a car accident. Had a good orthopod and good insurance. so went with the surgery.

evaluate your insurance. it it is up to par and you have a good Ortho Doc. go in and get the scope surgery. Doc will tell you about recovery times and outlook of a healthy lifestyle after surgery.

Peace

CAT

eyes, I would delete this and repost in Gimp Central if you want more viz. If you dont know how, I can do it for you.