Thread: LCC Conditions

LCC Conditions

Heading to SLC on Friday for a couple days...choice is to watch the NCAA tourney during the day, or to ski. Trying to figure out if Mrs. Cranked and I should lug our gear or not. Current plan is bring our boots, and just demo for one day at Alta...but, if conditions are meh, could just skip altogether. If the corn is worth it, would pack our skis and do two weekend days.

What say ye? How is it holding up (we had 2 great days 3 weeks ago, so we got our LCC time in already).
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Skied white pines tues eve n up grizzly gulch last night. White pines was awesome powder on tues. Dropped twin lakes last night around 7 and by that late in the day the sun crust was freezing up. Some wind loading and slabs sitting around. Run out grizzly was solid ice.

Warm today in the valley. Around 60. No snow in the forecast and going into a warming trend.

But yea....there's plenty of corn during the daylight hours!

Could have used about another hour of sun today for full ripeness IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Thanks guys...got a solid spring day in.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Anybody able to skin up anything yet? I heard people were skiing at Alta, but that seemed a little surprising to me
    So hot right now

But there's plenty of corn during the daylight hours!

_
    Last edited by killdill045; 12-18-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Six of us old effrs from Minnesota heading to Utah for 26th annual trip and it's looking like the weakest conditions we've ever faced -- with no snow and above-freezing temps, the base could be well below 60". We are very boring and usually spend our whole time doing laps off Supreme on the little glade to the far skier's right of Catherine's with a day at Honeycomb Canyon. Any suggestions other than "have fun on the Deer Valley groomers dude"? Snowbasin? Powder Mountain?

Was in Park Shitty- last week. It lived down to its billing. Yea the groomies at deer valley are there but man its a sad time. Nothing you can do but make turns and try to enjoy. Snowbird provided some fun. Would hate to have my income dependent on the snow this year out west-

resort conditions in LCC are not great, but honestly not abysmal either. some snow trickling in this week will freshen things up a bit. resorts are 100% open but lots of pepper in some areas. bring rock skis.

PC is a different story. no snow over there.

at least yer trip ain't to tahoe