Thread: Nikon FAIL

Nikon FAIL

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ozdairy-datang

It must be pretty bad if you're getting called out in China due to defects.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

My D600 has these spots...horrid defect Nikon has successfully brushed under the rug in the US.

The D600 thing was handled poorly but to be honest no camera manufacturer immune to gaffes like this. Looks like Nikon eventually decided to do the right thing and fix the issue even if your D600 is out of warranty:

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/02/25/ni...warranty.aspx/

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ozdairy-datang

It must be pretty bad if you're getting called out in China due to defects.
    I wouldn't use that as a measure of how bad the defects are. China is fond of finding fault with the quality of products coming across their borders. It helps distract from their abysmal record of quality control for their exports.

That being said, yeah, Nikon handled this poorly. There were months of denials in the face of overwhelming evidence. They finally admitted to the problem but had a rapidly swelling black eye by that point.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Guest
    Especially if that product is Japanese. There's a not-so simmering fued between China and Japan right now.

I cleaned the sensor once on my D600 and haven't had much of an issue since then. On top of that I'm usually shooting wide open or close to it so the spots rarely showed even when they were there. My camera is far out of warranty now and Nikon will replace the mirrorbox whenever I feel like sending it in, so it hasn't been a giant fail to me. On the other hand, I'm not going to be buying any more of their bodies soon after they're released...

I'll also say that for about two grand I got a sensor that performs incredibly well in low light, built-in intervalometer, built-in timelapse (I'm lazy)... fuck the spots, I'm very happy with the camera.

The only people I've seen having a real problem with the camera never owned one.

I called Nikon about my D600, they emailed me the shipping label, I boxed it up, sent it out. It was fixed and back at my door in 4 days, all free.

Thanks Nikon....what took you so long.