Suspension: 2014 Fox 34 float 150mm kashima vs 2014 rockshox pike

I haven't seen this comparison yet and can't be the only one with a similar question so here is my situation: I just picked up a 2013 Bronson carbon with the beloved 2013 fox 34 float fork. My options are to upgrade the internals to the 2014 spec for about $150 (if I remember right) or go with a rockshox pike, which I want but would cost a lot more. It looks like ~$800 will get you a 2013 pike or ~1000 for a 2014 and I MAY get ~$400 back on the 2013 fox I have if I sold it.

So my main question is has anybody tried the 2014 34 float and the pike and want to offer up a comparison?

I'm also curious what changes rockshox made to the pike for 2014.

If the pike is still better is it THAT much better that it's worth 3x as much to upgrade?

Is the used market for the 2013 fox forks so flooded from people doing the exact same thing that it would be tough to sell?

Thanks in advance

The Pike is hands down better than the 2014 Fox, even with Fox's damping upgrades (which are a big improvement over 2013).

2015 Fox, however... you might want to wait a few weeks. Aftermarket upgrades may be available for older forks.

Agreed with beast. I've got a bit of time on both and the pike was hands down superior in every category. Either option is considerably better than the '13 34, which was horrible.

FWIW, Avy has a Pike and F34 cart out now. I don't have time on either, but certainly worth considering as a middle ground between the OEM upgrade and a swap to a Pike.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Have you ridden the fork you have and is there something you don't like about it?

I would suggest just going and riding your bike.

Push makes an upgrade cartridge that gives you full LSC/HSC/Rebound adjustability: http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...product_id=108

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Have you ridden the fork you have and is there something you don't like about it?

I would suggest just going and riding your bike.
    I have ridden it but very little. I was hoping to not notice it and forget about it but its clearly too soft. I want to ride it more before I poor more money into it but I'm pretty sure ill want to do something.

Thanks for the responses does anyone know what changes if any were made to the pike for 2014?

I'm very happy with my '14 34. I had a Pike on my last bike, for me it was not better but not worse either.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I have a '13 34 with '14 internals that I lowered to 130. Its the best fork I've ridden to date (which isn't saying too much as I haven't ridden a lot of new forks). I use all the travel, but it has good support and isn't divey, sweet fork imo.

My bronson has a 160 vengeance rc on it. I have been very impressed with the fork, especially at half the price of the pike....

You could try the vengeance (or sweep) and sell the fox without being out of pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

X-Fusion stuff seems really really nice. Like, they finished all the details nicely.
    I don't understand CTD. Fox wants riders to always be fucking with switches on their bikes? If it doesn't work pretty well in fully open, why would someone bother with it? I single propedal/lockout switch can be useful, but that's about it. Too many buttons and switches on bikes lately. Makes the frame look like it's wrapped in spaghetti and the handlebars look like an aircraft cockpit. Not was a bike is for.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I upgraded my 13 internals to 14's and it is notably better. Couldn't say how it compares to a Pike however.
    I figured it was worth upgrading first and giving it a go. Even if you decide it's not to your liking having those internals will help re-sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Push makes an upgrade cartridge that gives you full LSC/HSC/Rebound adjustability: http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...product_id=108
    This was my plan. Bummed that the 275 pike doesn't have as much offset as the fox 34. Weird decision by SRAM. I like my Bronson geo as is.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.