Aligning offset holes/mounts

Mounting skis for inserts. Pilot holes (4.1mm) are slightly off (1-2mm range). The 6.5mm insert bit should be able to cover this error. To realign I am thinking fill with epoxy and wood dowel, redrill using jig (any excess diameter to be filled with epoxy and steel wool, though hopefully that won't be required).

Potential issues I see:

1. Possible jig movement. Purchased a jigarex, anyone able to comment on the rigidity of the system or ways to improve it to eliminate the jig being 'realigned' by the pilot hole locations?

2. The wood dowel will be softer than the top sheet so this could lead to the bit 'searching' for the path of least resistance in the pilot holes. My thought is to make the dowel a couple mm shorter than the pilot hole depth and fill the top with epoxy; the epoxy will need to be of similar toughness as the top sheet (pure3 DPS top sheet). Ideas/suggestions for an epoxy that might fit this bill?

Any other potential issues to look out for?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Not all "wood dowels" are created equal. I make sure to use hardwood.

I might be missing something but are you going to drill a final hole for the insert that removes all of your wood/epoxy? If you are, I would skip the epoxy and use just a bit of wood glue to hold the hardwood dowel and cut it flush. OTOH, I have a drill press and know how to use it. Makes it easy.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.