Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Really good small dry fly in the morning. Tricos have been stacking up the fish in the foam lines along the bank for the last few weeks. Tiny bwos trickling out of riffles after lunch but still not much volume in the bwo hatch on sunny days. 9am to 1pm. Fishing has been slowing after 1pm and end of trico hatch but decent pockets of bwo activity are around from noon to 3pm. Afternoon streamer bite getting better.

the fish aren't ready for winter. teen temps at night and 4" of snow on the ground and they were still hitting chubby chernobyls like it was august. good float on the green yesterday, got 'em on turds, dry flies and streamers.

That final killing frost can sometimes send the last of the hoppers scrambling downhill to seek refuge in the warmer air along the river bank. When it happens, it can make for some surprising big bug fishing late in the season. I haven't fished a dry larger than #18 in a month. Calm sunny days, gin clear water and reliable daily mixed hatches of midges, tricos and tiny bwos made this october some of the best sight fishing for sippers I've ever had. Every eddy and foam line had eager fish from noon til 4pm, day after day. Snowshoe emergers and Griffith's gnat in #18 and #20 just slayed'em (if you call getting half your takes to hand success; so hard to get good hooksets on a #20 barbless). Seemed to be winding down last week. Fewer fish looking for bugs in the foam but, on the plus side, streamer bite is now very good with less bugs on the surface.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 11-05-2014 at 10:46 AM.

I don't see the 2015 up yet but I'm wondering if anyone here prowls the Ham's Fork? I've got a question but it might be better suited for a PM.

Your PMs. Check them.

Atchyah

If you're referring to the Hams fork in WY, I have info. Used to fish it a decent amount. Only get on that one about every other yr these days.

Got out yesterday on the snake, unbelievable feeding frenzy in still water. Too bad it was on someones land and we got booted.

I'll be a Teton Valley resident in 7 days and a hell of a lot less busy during prime time. Looking forward to fishing with some folks finally.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I'll be a Teton Valley resident in 7 days and a hell of a lot less busy during prime time. Looking forward to fishing with some folks finally.
    Cool! Still working over in IF?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Cool! Still working over in IF?
    Negative, start a gig in Victor next Monday.

Very cool! I get up there quite a bit. Looking forward to fishing with you.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Congrats! Sounds like a good move!

Looking forward to wetting a line.

So did you switch employers? Still in the industry? I guess what I am really saying is can I still PM you for line advice? 😄
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    So did you switch employers? Still in the industry? I guess what I am really saying is can I still PM you for line advice? ��
    I did switch employers, in the industry through Friday, then not really to the same extant. Happy to advise still!

I did switch employers, in the industry through Friday, then not really to the same extant. Happy to advise still!
    Cool, well the good news is that it sounds like you will have more time to get out. Schwerty and I will be bugging you to fish. You can count on it.

Sounds great, and drag Dfinn up with you.

Sounds great, and drag Dfinn up with you.
    Will do! He's a little harder to drag away not that he's all married and gainfully employed and shit. But I'm pretty sure he will make a run to chase fish still.

We should have a few drinks when you get settled. I'll take the liberty of saying that Tye1on would join us. I'm over in Wilson but can hop over there or meet up if head across the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    We should have a few drinks when you get settled. I'll take the liberty of saying that Tye1on would join us. I'm over in Wilson but can hop over there or meet up if head across the pass.
    Sounds good to me, I've managed to show up at the Wolf at all the times Tye isn't there so far this winter.

Throwing everything in storage and crashing with the gf, hopefully will have a more permanent spot found sometime in March.

Congrats, man! Like a guy with a gambling habit moving from Henderson to Vegas. Stoked for you!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    But I'm pretty sure he will make a run to chase fish still.
    weekend after next?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    weekend after next?
    Well, if you can do next Thursday then yes. Saturday I have to be home.

Howdy. I'm new to the valley and have 1 more week to tour in the Park before starting work full-time next week. If winter does not return, I will be interested in meeting you dudes to float/fish on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    Howdy. I'm new to the valley and have 1 more week to tour in the Park before starting work full-time next week. If winter does not return, I will be interested in meeting you dudes to float/fish on the weekends.
    I assume you're in the Tetons?? Always nice to meet new folks. Winter temps came back. Not gonna do much for the bite but I'll be happy to show you some good water sometime.