Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    For those in the teton area:

The snake in JH is a mess. The rain and the switch to Africa hot weather has the last push of water coming down in a hurry. Some of the JH Valley tribs are fishing. Others are still a ways away from fishing. I haven't hear but my guess is this warmer than usual weather has slowed the valley lake fishing with fly sticks. The exceptions being certain areas of jackson lake and YNP lakes. high country lakes are prolly just starting to fish!

The Green spiked up too. More snow yet to come down over there. It was really good for a while. My guess, looking at the forecast is about 10-15 days til that one is in its prime from the lakes down!

I fished the South For sat. Haven't messed with that river in the summer, especially when the big bugs are out in a long time. I'm not a fan of bumper boats. My buddy really wanted to give it a shot. We did and put on at the dam at 5:50am. He couldn't keep fish off the olive streamer pattern he had on for the first mile. We switched to slapping and twitching salmon fly imitations after that and did extremely well for another hour or so. The meat of that hatch seems about done but the goldens are all over below Husky's. Some caddis and pmd's around too but at 13,200, we didn't see any reason to go there. We bobber fished from about 9:00 until we took out at the Bridge. Plenty of quality fish on a variety of stoney looking nymphs. We past one boat putting on at the Slide. Never saw another angler besides the 15 or so fucking jet sleds ripping up and down the river. That was enough for me for the summer over there. Ge get it on a weekday, early or late.

It's official. Runoff is over on the west slope. Visibility 4' in the river, clear enough. Weedbeds developing. Pmds and sallies, some goldens; goldens seem kinda sparse so far this year. Fish are feeding on the surface on all the "last to clear" tribs to the HF.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 07-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Still murky over here. The rain yesterday too a toll on the freestones. Nice to see some moisture! I floated the upper south fork last weekend after the boat hatch. Didn't shove off til a little after 6pm. 6-8 was some of the finest fishing I've ever had on that river. Slowed a little until dark. Found a few pigs on streamers well after sundown.

The green is still high but fishin

Here's how it is looking out my way (Denver Front Range Creeks).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYV-cRUpRo

WY is looking into putting dams on the upper Green. Here's some info, at the bottom are links to how you give your opinion on this. They are only taking comments until August 4th, speak up if you think this is a bad idea.

http://thefrogwater.com/2014/07/24/d...reen-river-no/

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    WY is looking into putting dams on the upper Green. Here's some info, at the bottom are links to how you give your opinion on this. They are only taking comments until August 4th, speak up if you think this is a bad idea.

Support the cause!

Dfinn - how far up did you guys make it?

We didn't end up going past fonty. I think I'm headed up there again saturday afternoon if you have any interest in heading down.

2014 Rockies Fishing Conditions

We didn't end up going past fonty. I think I'm headed up there again saturday afternoon if you have any interest in heading down.
    Can't get all the way but the upper is on fire, (fishing and boats).
    Last edited by schwerty; 07-24-2014 at 10:56 PM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

ya know i don't know a bunch about envoirmental impacts but i have a real hard time finding this" degragation of an imperiled river system" in the waters below fontenelle or flaming gorge dams, but perhaps i'm missin it.
    one can debate the needs of these dams in these locations but the health of the tailwater fisheries below fg and this springs elctroshocking surveys putting estimates of 200k fish per mile speaks more about the qualitiies and health of that ecco system than all the anti tailwater ecco smoke blowers.
    Last edited by skifishbum; 07-25-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Why don't you UTards come on up here and we will do run down one of those stretches on Sunday.

If you're coming to the Tetons....fishin has been btwn slow and really fucking good. The green has been good early and late and probably until the rain and cooler weather was painfully slow through the heat of the day. The Snake in JH is fishing top to bottom better than it has in early August in quite a few yrs.

Flat cr in JH opened Friday. Heard it was a mess of folks as far as the eye could see. There was a significant amt of restoration done since last fall and apparently, everybody wanted to see it on opening day.

If you are a fan of the upper snake, it is really fishing well. These are the last days to gets a boat, (drift or raft), down there. It's boney up top. The canyon is has enough water but the bridge through the campgrounds is getting low.

The SF has apparently been fishing well but I have not been over there in a few weeks. The canyon has been the stretch of choice.

Smaller tribs have been great around here too. Same deal. Mornings and evenings are better but you can still go out and catch some smaller fish during the heat of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Why don't you UTards come on up here and we will do run down one of those stretches on Sunday.
    Tentatively putting together a weekend run to your hood on the 15th, 16th and 17th if you are gong to be around let me know.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

SF has been kind of meh of late. Need a drop in the water to get the mutants firing, though I imagine streamer fishing might be pretty good given what the skies look like out my office window right now.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Tentatively putting together a weekend run to your hood on the 15th, 16th and 17th if you are gong to be around let me know.
    I should be here. Let's pick a day or two and sting some fish.

Anyone have any beta regarding the Green and Red Creek. Was planning on floating B & C this weekend if it wasn't blown out. Heard conflicting reports from two reputable fly shops...

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I should be here. Let's pick a day or two and sting some fish.
    Had a pretty good weekend fishing in Schwerty's hood. Early morning streamers, mid day hoppers and evening caddis were the ticket. Even managed to get out with the legend that is Schwerty.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Good fishin with you! Looking forward to sticking some fish in a few wks.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChokerOut View Post
    Anyone have any beta regarding the Green and Red Creek. Was planning on floating B & C this weekend if it wasn't blown out. Heard conflicting reports from two reputable fly shops...
    try n call the ranger @ the jarvis ranch
    personally i ask about the availibility of one of the group sites then at the end ask about clarity.
    blown all weekend and gully washers had the road closed a day or so
    an alluvial flow came through and hit the bridgeport/cowboy bar takeout /put in, not sure if the road crews will attempt to fix
    fishin well hoppers ahoy

and the ussuall big junk, articulated buttmonkies sex dungeons and sorts should continue to entice quality fish w/ the changing season

my old mans lookin for 1 fisherpeep to be the 4th on the high country ff one fly team.
    http://www.tu.org/get-involved/natio...ngle-fly-event
    $500, two dinners w/ open bar , one day guided fishin, w/ bfast & lunch, swag bag and you're welcome to come up and prefish and postfish a few days w/ us.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I've got a window to do a quick float on the Snake tomorrow after OBFR and my crew is out of pocket. Anyone in JKSN interested?

In other news, pretty much everything is en fuego right now.

Ya, ive had two days on the Snake in JH that have been great. Stoked to get out again.

Likely heading up that way towards the end of next week. Is the SF at a level that it can be wade fished yet?

Likely heading up that way towards the end of next week. Is the SF at a level that it can be wade fished yet?
    Totally, in spots. Hit me up if you head up. Grats BTW.

Get in touch.

on the fence for this one
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...tml.csp?page=1
    definately would like to see the wild n scenic river designation
    and aditional uninta wilderness
    and another place to ski is rad
    be a damn shame to see the jarvis ranch and it's rich history be devolped or changed