Page 14 of 465 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    They do? That's funny
    they do know how to drive better

keep right to pass is actually followed by a large majority of drivers

ever done 70 mph in bumper to bumper traffic none of this I'm a pussy driver in colorado so I'll just slow down, if you slow down you get run over

parallel parking????? watch someone try to parallel park a car in colorado it sad but actually pretty f'n funny, the best part is they expect all traffic around them to stop moving while they take seven tries to get their car parked, whereas in the northeast its a quick three part movement

saw the best thing a couple weeks ago back east, cars were stopped at a stop light, one guy didn't really like how the other guy was driving, he wasn't worked up or mad, but he just decided to loudly (everyone talks loud) tell the old guy that he shouldn't drive anymore, get your eyes checked, make sure the steering wheel works, sn aarp card isn't a drivers lic. he ranted until the light turned green and moved on his way it was classic, you do that in colorado and some pussy will call the cops on you

the biggest line of bs is these clowns who move to colorado and decide they need an SUV because living on the front range and having to drive in the mountains once a month makes an suv is a more suitable vehicle a much larger percentage of the population drives front wheeled and rewheeled drive vehicals in the north east and doesn't seem to have an issues with control up and down the hilly vermont roads

so yes people are better drivers in the northeast

70 was closed this morning due to accidents....shocking
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

better drivers in the northeast?

In the northeast, when it snows 1 inch, people batten down the hatches and don't leave the house.

^^^

More skilled...probably. Better...debatable. More or less a difference in how people act Northeast vs. Colorado.

New England - I don't give a fuck about you, aggressive behavior, thick skin

Colorado - ignorance (or most often feigned ignorance), passive aggressive behavior, pussies

Phone's been buzzing all morning from CDOT closures..I70 closed at the tunnel and Vail Pass bc of accidents. Here we go again...

I like that CDOT is putting 'Winter is Coming, are your tires ready?' on some of the message signs.

Oh, and add Silverthorne as well...is it snowing that hard up there, or are there no plows out and morons driving?

Total junk show both directions.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Some real bad driving going on I-70. Keep in mind half of those drivers are from the NE or CA. As a KS boy I remind all to pass and get the hell over!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

24 is closed at the bridge in Red Cliff so I couldn't even make it to the shit show on I70 to east Vail, Tennesse pass was plowed but not plowed over battle mountain. Here we go 1rst snow and the roads are closed.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

haha, that's comedy right there

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

70 still closed, almost 3 hours. What a mess already.

Finally got her back open!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Left Glenwood Springs this morning at 10am and got stuck in Vail. Just got home. It's going to be a long winter for driving 70. Just ridiculous they had to close it, it was puking in Vail for a little bit but come on there was only a few inches on the pass. I'm willing to bet this year will be the breaking point and something will be done, at least I hope.

Something will be done? Like what? CDOT is fucking clueless.

I still don't understand why/how they don't see the expansion of 285 as a viable option. Make it 4 lanes (two in each direction) with wind fences and good upkeep, and that would lessen traffic issues significantly. Then they could improve Hoosier Pass and 93 up to Copper, and you'd have multiple options to keep the hordes off I-70.

That was a pretty lengthy closure for October. The only reason I can think of is that maybe they (CDOT) didn't have anyone working today?

I don't know but something, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Something will be done? Like what? CDOT is fucking clueless.

I still don't understand why/how they don't see the expansion of 285 as a viable option. Make it 4 lanes (two in each direction) with wind fences and good upkeep, and that would lessen traffic issues significantly. Then they could improve Hoosier Pass and 93 up to Copper, and you'd have multiple options to keep the hordes off I-70.
    Totally agree re: 285. One route, no matter what they do to it = shitshow

Drove down late this afternoon, so many bad drivers. Hit their brakes every 10 seconds for zero reason, no headlights when snow/rain/dark, left lane, blah blah blah....it's exhausting.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I guess Vail Pass was closed again TWO times this evening bc of tractor trailer accidents? 3 closures today, one was 3 hours long. What a clusterfuck of a day. I guess I should be prepared to only be able to get to Loveland every powder day this year, cause obviously CDOT can't handle this shit
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 10-12-2014 at 09:30 PM.

my only defense for stupidity is that this snow is the worst kind of "snow" it's wet icy and slushy and heavy not your average powder that is easier to drive in and on

I do like how cdot has these million dollar digital signs and can't seem to get them to read highway closed ahead slow the fuck down, people were gunning it town silverthorne hill yesterday only to slam on the brakes at the bottom as the police blocked the highway.

it was pretty funny then people line up waiting to get on the highway (I see this all the time) they end up blocking traffic pretty good just sitting there for an hour, whats wrong with people, go for a drive, go shopping, go eat, go stare at the lake from the park in dillon, do something, don't just sit there waiting to get on the highway.

I on the other hand worked on my I70 driving skillz, off roading with the RWD in a foot of snow yesterday, fun! the car was all over the place, getting the back end to slip out, spinning out going up hills, then finally putting the joint down, putting her into second and crawling down a hill like I should, definitely working on those car handling skills, I drive better high as a kite in snow than most people do sober

We drove back up from the D last night. Glad we missed the shitshow. This is definitely the most dangerous time of year on I70. You'll be cruising along on wet roads then as soon as you hit that freezing level, or high wind area, you have black ice and frozen slush. Doesn't take many inches of snow for that. The only thing that'll help you is to drive cautiously. I suspect this morning will be similar conditions.

Today and tomorrow no blasting! They have to be pretty close.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

so after blasting is done, will there still be holdups or will they be able to work without stopping traffic?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...86366104751637

That blast last week left a massive amount of rock that still has to be cleaned up. If all the projects between TT and the Tunnel aren't done by the time winter really starts, it's gonna be a crazy mess.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    We drove back up from the D last night. Glad we missed the shitshow. This is definitely the most dangerous time of year on I70. You'll be cruising along on wet roads then as soon as you hit that freezing level, or high wind area, you have black ice and frozen slush. Doesn't take many inches of snow for that. The only thing that'll help you is to drive cautiously. I suspect this morning will be similar conditions.
    Spring is worse. Same shit, more morons.