Page 20 of 465 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Actually hazards are super useful in a complete whiteout where you can barely see the end of your hood. Other than that, yeah.

Kinda like to be in Vail right now, but decided to sit out the 2014 Inaugural Amateur hour on 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Actually hazards are super useful in a complete whiteout where you can barely see the end of your hood. Other than that, yeah.

Kinda like to be in Vail right now, but decided to sit out the 2014 Inaugural Amateur hour on 70.
    I think you already missed the inauguration. You can listen in on the shitshowradio link I posted earlier and you'll get a great picture of what you are missing in chapter 2 of November.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Nah I'd rather make chili.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    People who throw their hazards on because it's snowing are universally terrible drivers, but at least they self-identify. .
    well said

I been schooling people on winter driving all week

got behind some clown today on a snowy white out road hazzards on all over the road, I goto pass and the dumb fuck tries to cut me off by going down the middle of the road, I laid on the horn and floored it hit the next turn got the bitch sideways and hit second got control then third and braaaappp 70mph passing semis on back road highways snowy and icy was super fun thur night

how many fucking people don't think to replace their wiper blades twice a year????? like before winter

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    well said

I been schooling people on winter driving all week

got behind some clown today on a snowy white out road hazzards on all over the road, I goto pass and the dumb fuck tries to cut me off by going down the middle of the road, I laid on the horn and floored it hit the next turn got the bitch sideways and hit second got control then third and braaaappp 70mph passing semis on back road highways snowy and icy was super fun thur night

how many fucking people don't think to replace their wiper blades twice a year????? like before winter
    Your dick must be fucking huge.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    '15 WRX

Just put on some GT Radial Champiro WinterPro HPs.

It came with nice sticky summer tires.
    Was thinking about putting some of those on my BMW X3. Working well?

F150 4wd blizzaks and 350 lbs weight in the bed. Fantastic today on i70. Left early- handles snow and slush amazing at high speeds. Stopping, lane changes, and overall traction iz fantastic. Much better than Wrangler A/T tires i had last year. If it weren't for the other fools out there, I would enjoy a 90 minute drive from the metro area most days. Sadly, people can't seem to understand the concept of a passing lane. Or how to drive, in general

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Agree on the hazards for whiteout conditions, or if you are going way slower than the pace of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    '15 WRX

Just put on some GT Radial Champiro WinterPro HPs.

It came with nice sticky summer tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas750 View Post
    Was thinking about putting some of those on my BMW X3. Working well?
    i just put them on yesterday.
    i haven't got them in anything snowy or icy but they seem good in cold weather (~15F*),
    sidewall feels a little softer than the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx OEM tires.
    more road noise and rolling resistance but that's to expected with winters.

they looked more dry road friendly than the blizzaks (the cross-sectional edge of the GT is much more rounded; that and the GTs were less coin).
    i'm looking forward to my trip in to work tomorrow; should just be a few inches of snow where i live.

then to the mountains monday/tuesday!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Your dick must be fucking huge.
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Agree on the hazards for whiteout conditions, or if you are going way slower than the pace of traffic.
    Another +1. Can be nice to see the road is still in front of you. Or give the over-confident bros a warning that you're driving a bit slower.

Had the new-to-me AWD Astro van out over in the CO mountains this weekend. It was quite happy to get up and around anything. Hard to break the tail lose with all the beer/friend/skis weight in the back. Avoided some of the I70 shit show on the way back, except the meager fender bender by the Twin Tunnels that screwed the traffic for a good while.

I have AWD and run Blizzak LM-60's. They've been great for me for the last couple seasons, though I haven't put them on yet . The only issue I may run in to is clearance if we get a crap ton of snow on the roads, but I have yet to run into that.

Heard back from CDOT again, after I emailed them again. Saying that they probably will start doing more about chains for cars, and or proper tires.

So might be worth the time for others to e-mail.

Now there's EB delays everyday near Empire where it goes down to one lane...looked like backups were up to GTown.
    That stretch between GTown and Id Springs is just a construction clusterfuck right now.

I used to work with one of the spokespersons for CDOT, so I'm going to shoot her a note. CDOT needs to start being more proactive about this. Leaving notes on cars about tire conditions isn't going to work.

I put my Firestone Winterforce's back on my WRX last week before making the trip up to Vail. Handled everything great! Driving, slush, lane changes, braking, etc. Clearance is my only issue, but i've had it in 15" no problem, which is way higher than the clearance. Just gotta keep good new tires on it.

I will have to take Capulin's advice and shoot CDOT an email, too. It blows my mind the cars/tires I see while sitting (stopped due to an accident) on the pass. What are people thinking?! That new set of winter tires will cost you WAY less than paying your insurance deductible + higher payments after causing an accident! I reported 3 trucks after one of them's trailer slid into the barrier due to having no chains, no one even pulled them over so it makes me wonder how much having a snow tire/chain law on cars would do, though....

edit...Incase anyone else wants to shoot a quick note, here's the link to cdot...
    http://www.cotrip.org/contactUs.htm
    Last edited by jm020; 11-18-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: add link

Big backup westbound just past main Vail exit. Anyone know what's up?

I guess they have it down to 1 lane for construction again. Maybe they're find get those street lights working again. Those are pretty nice when it's nuking in the middle of the night.

steelies and nokian studless mounted up, now I can officially bitch!!!!

Might be preaching to the quire but...There are 3 lanes westbound after the tunnel, not 2. Just a suggestion. I think I passed all of Denver in the right lane this morning.
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mfkracing View Post
    Might be preaching to the quire but...There are 3 lanes westbound after the tunnel, not 2. Just a suggestion. I think I passed all of Denver in the right lane this morning.
    I agree with you, but to be fair after a storm CDOT usually does a shit job plowing that stretch, especially the right lane, so that's what happens. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I agree with you, but to be fair after a storm CDOT usually does a shit job plowing that stretch, especially the right lane, so that's what happens. It's ridiculous.
    Eastbound also, I probably drove 4 miles past bumper to bumper cars while going 45 (big truck) in the right lane today going up to the tunnel. I would go insane without the powder express lane.

Right lane for the win. Love passing fools in their little subies and cars with shit tires putsing in the left lane. Course there's no gaurentee which lane idiots will stay in, clear roads or no.

This was a first for me...between The Tunnel and Bakersville, traffic was pretty jammed up this afternoon since it was dumping, but the traffic was flowing about 40mph. Then all of a sudden, all the vehicles in front of me jammed their brakes hard, almost to the point of full skidding, then we were crawling for a minute at 10 mph...then I could see what was going on ahead...a tiny sedan in the LEFT lane going 20-25, with its blinkers on. The right lane was empty next to it and was clear of snow. The fucking asshole would not move over and everyone passed right, each time yelling back at the car. Lucky there wasn't a fucking ten car wreck bc of this douche.

I came across that guy a couple weeks ago. Virginia plates.