Page 10 of 465 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I left Winter Park at 4:30 and had no issues. Unless some jackass gets into a bad accident, the winter traffic is over.
    Yeah i would have gone to a basin and I was worried about Loveland getting closed and being forced to deal with the mess at the tunnel. Being able to completely avoid the tunnel is a major plus for WP in my opinion. The east bound approach up from silverthorne is where I have had some of my worst afternoons this season.

Bean....wreck in Dowd
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Was a mess EB and WB at the tunnel and VP according to all the CDOT texts. One buddy went to Denver from Vail in 6 hours. Lotta spin outs and crashes. We came home from WY the back way to avoid that mess.
    It seems like every other day I am reminded of why I ski Winter Park.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

left loveland at 3:30 today and was in denver in an hour flat. The silverthorne closure was great for people skiing at loveland today...

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    left loveland at 3:30 today and was in denver in an hour flat. The silverthorne closure was great for people skiing at loveland today...
    Skied coon hill just on the west side of the tunnel today. Came down during the closure which made it easy to cross both side of I-70 and pop on into the tunnel. Nice peaceful drive down from there. We had the whole highway to ourselves.

Went by that, looked like a huge pileup with a few cars sort of on top of each other!! Ice that CDOT didn't get?

Shhhhhhhhh I think you mean your reminded how terrible it is

70 has been closed a lot the last few days but nobody is coming up and back to complain. I'm stuck at the VP summit this morning. Same story, spin outs, crashes, cars with bad tires.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'll complain
    Coming down from the tunnel to Silverthorne was ridiculous this morning. Trucks passing slower trucks, so everything was pinched down to 1 lane (left lane) and a Prius going 25 held everyone up, plus the road was barely plowed. Actually, amazing there weren't more accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I'll complain
    Coming down from the tunnel to Silverthorne was ridiculous this morning. Trucks passing slower trucks, so everything was pinched down to 1 lane (left lane) and a Prius going 25 held everyone up, plus the road was barely plowed. Actually, amazing there weren't more accidents.
    I really wish people would figure out how to use 3 lanes when it's snowy, I was doing just fine coasting down at 70ish until I hit a similar (possibly the same) clusterfuck.

Agree, but one issue is always when the left lane is clear of snow (bc everyone's over there), no one ventures over to the middle or right. I came across a long line of vehicles doing this after we had gotten past the clusterfuck of trucks. I went to the middle and passed about 15 vehicles going 30 in the left while I cruised by at 45 with no problem. Granted CDOT could do a better job plowing...

Sitting in Vail because the pass is closed as is 24. Unless you're a trucker, in which case you get the pass to yourself. Totally fucked.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I'm sitting at Georgetown waiting out the westbound closure. I'm really glad I don't have to deal with this on a regular basis.

I'm packed and ready to head east as soon as 70 opens. Per the entire winter, not much snow here but a ton east of here.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

4 hour closure and counting....one of the longest this season
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Roads are fine all the way through. There must've been a big mess to clean up.

I left at 6 and was 2 hours flat to downtown and that with the last 1/4 way up to the tunnel taking forever.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Aaaaaaand 70 EB is closed in Vail again.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Just wanted to bitch about the rotaries in Avon...anyone else find them annoying? 4 in a row? Really?

They are called roundabouts. I find waiting at red lights for nobody and fatal t-bone accidents more annoying.

I actually love seeing more roundabouts, and not just in Colorado. Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how people don't understand them.

My annoyance is more about how people generally don't get them and placing 4 in a row in Avon = general cluelessness for people not used to them. Was up there 2 days this week and almost got sideswiped a number of times including a guy who decided to go from the middle all the way across to exit, almost hitting me. Plus it's all being repaved...
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 06-06-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Looks like CDOT is adding a 3rd east-bound lane from Empire to the Twin Tunnels, due to be complete next fall. $47MM of taxpayer money.... and it's going to be a toll lane. Brilliant.

http://www.9news.com/story/traffic/2...anes/12437839/

A lot of good the auto billing camera ID function will be when people's license plates are coated with snow. don't see how CDOT will be able to stop people from using the express lane as a passing lane while avoiding the camera spots.

Extra lane should help. It's a band aid solution, but better than nothing.