Page 13 of 465 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Current 70 travel is JACKED with all the construction. Backups in Vail, tunnel, Dumont, and twin tunnels.
    I know, it's crazy...like every ten miles another closed lane, backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1974 View Post
    Going up on the weekends honestly isn't even fun anymore.
    lots of good points, but this takes the cake, your attitude is shared by thousands, but the flaw'd logic is, you give up on the weekend drive and two other people who just got here take your place, then after a couple years they too give up

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Guys, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The sooner that TABOR becomes a thing of the past, the sooner Colorado's roads will not be in such terrible condition.

Seriously

You're right. I'll be taking two cars permanently off the roads when I leave the state if that happens.

Guys, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The sooner that TABOR becomes a thing of the past, the sooner Colorado's roads will not be in such terrible condition.

Seriously
    Im not as concerned with physical road conditions but more the drivers on the roads. I can tell you that giving idiots 3 lanes and a smooth surface really doesn't make the struggles of driving any better. With 3 lanes you simply get trucks clogging the far right. The idiots driving slower than trucks sitting in middle lane and the "me, me, me" clowns clogging the left lane taking 5 miles to pass the center lane turds and many times not moving to center once they have cleared said turds.

I think some remedial online driving classes should be sent out quarterly to all Colorado licensed drivers. Or a pilots style checklist that must be completed before being able to renew auto plates and registration. Low to no cost and it would do wonders.

The more I have to slow and lose momentum , the harder I have to press on the gas to get back to the speedlimit. That pressing on the gas takes fuel consumption way up and when applied across the board to all drivers is a huge needless waste of fossil fuels that could be corrected by educating the idiot drivers.

Also, I wonder if anyone ever contemplates the real cost of a "local" pass for front rangers taking into account the cost of fuel.

Pass may = $579 but if they drive solo from Front Range to vail in low mpg TRD truck the real cost is +$60 in fuel per visit. So,
    40 days solo adds $2,400 to cost of a pass. Maybe if they carpool they can get that down. But with the first example front
    rangers are really spending $3,000 a year for a pass to ski ....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Why can't people pass trucks safely? There's no need to go 40 in the left while passing a truck...

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmith7 View Post
    You're right. I'll be taking two cars permanently off the roads when I leave the state if that happens.
    Do you understand what TABOR has done to this state? The fact that there is no money in the budget for any projects, and not just CDOT?? Tabor is crippling the state of Colorado

but, fine... If you are ok with Colorado ranking 48th in the nation for higher education funding, 47th in K-12 funding, and 44th in what it spends to repair roads.... Yeah TABOR is great.

Suck my TABOR BALLS!

Giving the State purse strings to a bunch of liberal douchebags is sure to cure all the State's ills. We can change Denver's name to Detroit!

Do you understand what TABOR has done to this state? The fact that there is no money in the budget for any projects, and not just CDOT?? Tabor is crippling the state of Colorado

sorry, but thats not true

cdot needs to say we want 1 billion dollars in tax dollars to fix roads, they layout a detailed plan of how that billion will be spent,

like on actual paving projects not on middle management bureaucrats who push paper around to justify making well over 100k a year.

the voters get to vote on the tax increase, If the voters think cdot will piss the money away on wasteful projects and bonuses then they will vote the tax down, if the voters actually belive the money will be used to fix roads and the proposal is genuine then they will vote yes and cdot will have more tax dollars it's pretty basic, every state should have tabor to help control politicians from raping them with endless tax increases, tabor is a great tool taxation with representation

if you look at CA or NY there are more people pushing paper around than actually out fixing potholes, something is very wrong with too many managers and not enough actual workers, cause the goal is to get that paper pushing position make bank and retire making even bigger bank all on our hard working backs

CDOT is going to try a few new things:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...vel-issues-get

Guess we'll see how it works but doesn't seem like much. Flyers in ski area parking lots for people with shitty tires? They've already made it up the hill, now you are going to tell them to go to Big O and get new tires? Guessing that won't do much.

2 hours from Keystone to Thornton last night. Whack…
    And for gods sake, accelerate to the end of the merge lane and then get over…

but, fine... If you are ok with Colorado ranking 48th in the nation for higher education funding, 47th in K-12 funding, and 44th in what it spends to repair roads.... Yeah TABOR is great.
    Hey, we had enough to pay the fake Indian at Boulder for years.

I've seen this song and dance before, when CA passed prop 13. Turn off the street lights, close the libraries, stop fixing the roads. We'll get those voters to raise taxes.

Seriously there are so many places already run like you want CO to be. CA, ILL, NY, MD, CT..... pick one and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...vel-issues-get

Guess we'll see how it works but doesn't seem like much. Flyers in ski area parking lots for people with shitty tires? They've already made it up the hill, now you are going to tell them to go to Big O and get new tires? Guessing that won't do much.
    Hopefully the "volunteers" they use will be picking up the flyers since they'll undoubtedly be tossed on the ground.

Hey, we had enough to pay the fake Indian at Boulder for years.

I've seen this song and dance before, when CA passed prop 13. Turn off the street lights, close the libraries, stop fixing the roads. We'll get those voters to raise taxes.
    Seriously there are so many places already run like you want CO to be. CA, ILL, NY, MD, CT..... pick one and be happy.

You guys are completely missing the point about TABOR. Seriously, do some research into it.

TABOR creates a permanent revenue shortage by pitting state programs against each other for survival each year, and all but entirely rules out any new initiatives to address unmet or emerging needs.

Fun facts about what happened to the state of Colorado between 1992 (when TABOR came into effect) and today

1992 - Colorado ranked 35th in K-12 spending.
    Today - Colorado ranks 49th
    Per pupil spending fell by more than 600$ relative to the national average since 1992.
    Teacher salary dropped from 30th in the nation in 1992, to 49th in 2007.

Higher education funding dropped 31 percent under TABOR.
    College & University funding as a share of personal income went from 35th in 1992, to 48th by 2008.
    Tuition has risen by more than 21 percent adjusted for inflation.

Colorado now ranks 44th in what it pays to repair roads.

You think this is all mere coincidence that after TABOR came into effect our state has seen serious drops in the quality of almost ALL public services???

This is not me being a liberal saying that we should tax the shit out of people - this is basic fact. No other state in America has to deal with the obstacles TABOR creates in funding basic services like roads and public education. Nowhere in America. Do some research please.

And yet you all are dumbfounded about the fact that there is no money in the budget anywhere in Colorado to do anything.

Remember how a few months ago everyone was up in arms about the fact that US36 is going to be tolled for the next 50 years by a private company??? Surprise surprise, it had to do with the fact that there was NO money in the budget, and CDOT was forced to team up with a private company to upgrade US36

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    sorry, but thats not true

cdot needs to say we want 1 billion dollars in tax dollars to fix roads, they layout a detailed plan of how that billion will be spent,

like on actual paving projects not on middle management bureaucrats who push paper around to justify making well over 100k a year.

the voters get to vote on the tax increase, If the voters think cdot will piss the money away on wasteful projects and bonuses then they will vote the tax down, if the voters actually belive the money will be used to fix roads and the proposal is genuine then they will vote yes and cdot will have more tax dollars it's pretty basic, every state should have tabor to help control politicians from raping them with endless tax increases, tabor is a great tool taxation with representation

if you look at CA or NY there are more people pushing paper around than actually out fixing potholes, something is very wrong with too many managers and not enough actual workers, cause the goal is to get that paper pushing position make bank and retire making even bigger bank all on our hard working backs
    please use periods to break up run on sentences idk wtf you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    2 hours from Keystone to Thornton last night. Whack…
    And for gods sake, accelerate to the end of the merge lane and then get over…
    It drives me absolutely crazy when someone is in the on ramp in front of me and then slams on the brakes b/c there is someone coming up in the right lane, instead of staying in the merge lane for another 50', then merging. I've almost rear-ended into a number of idiots.

You guys are completely missing the point about TABOR. Seriously, do some research into it.

TABOR creates a permanent revenue shortage by pitting state programs against each other for survival each year, and all but entirely rules out any new initiatives to address unmet or emerging needs.

Fun facts about what happened to the state of Colorado between 1992 (when TABOR came into effect) and today

1992 - Colorado ranked 35th in K-12 spending.
    Today - Colorado ranks 49th
    Per pupil spending fell by more than 600$ relative to the national average since 1992.
    Teacher salary dropped from 30th in the nation in 1992, to 49th in 2007.

Higher education funding dropped 31 percent under TABOR.
    College & University funding as a share of personal income went from 35th in 1992, to 48th by 2008.
    Tuition has risen by more than 21 percent adjusted for inflation.

Colorado now ranks 44th in what it pays to repair roads.

You think this is all mere coincidence that after TABOR came into effect our state has seen serious drops in the quality of almost ALL public services???

This is not me being a liberal saying that we should tax the shit out of people - this is basic fact. No other state in America has to deal with the obstacles TABOR creates in funding basic services like roads and public education. Nowhere in America. Do some research please.

And yet you all are dumbfounded about the fact that there is no money in the budget anywhere in Colorado to do anything.

Remember how a few months ago everyone was up in arms about the fact that US36 is going to be tolled for the next 50 years by a private company??? Surprise surprise, it had to do with the fact that there was NO money in the budget, and CDOT was forced to team up with a private company to upgrade US36

Colorado has 363 High Schools, with 88 of those being top ranked in the USA. Tabor zombie apocalypse teachers must be good!

Yes CDOT does get a lower percentage of the overall State budget than it did in 92, however K-12 percentage has remained constant at around the 24 to 25% mark. Higher Ed percentage is down a little, and CDOT's smaller piece of the pie goes to other silly social crap.

So effectively the State is getting what it votes for, which is exactly the way it should be.

Hugh Conway Guest
    hey, you'll end up a shithole like CA and NY and you'll vote yourself that way, just like they did!

Where y'all going to move next? MT? WY? All of the cunts from CA and NY moved to CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    hey, you'll end up a shithole like CA and NY and you'll vote yourself that way, just like they did!

Where y'all going to move next? MT? WY? All of the cunts from CA and NY moved to CO.
    No we will end up a shithole like Alabama or Mississippi thanks to TABOR. And actually, it is probably easier for both of those states to fund basic public projects

same reason that they are planning on tolling I-70 as soon as this construction is done. same reason for tolls on US 36 and soon to be tolls on I-70 through central Denver metro as well. no money for CDOT = Public Private Partnerships on road projects. Not really sure anyone ever really envisioned primary freeways being tolled so much when TABOR first came into existence. Which, Ironically, is something shithole northeast states do all the time (toll freeways) thanks tabor!!

BTW, does anyone want to tell Bob Beauprez that you can't just raise $3-5B in highway funding by reissuing bonds at a lower rate and issuing more debt (little constraint called TABOR)? His fiscal knowledge is staggering.

A toll to leave Boulder. Now that's an idea!

meanwhile on 4th Ave...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    meanwhile on 4th Ave...

yUMMMM DUNKIN DONUTS

A toll to leave Boulder. Now that's an idea!
    Now someone is thinking!

If you drive a pirus subaru electric car or any other "eco" car the toll is double, if you want to go somewhere and are going to spout off your boulder know it all I'm smarter than you everything in boulder is perfect liberal bullshit the toll is triple when you leave

You get your toll money back when you get to breckenridge (the other rich liberal town)

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You get your toll money back when you get to breckenridge (the other rich liberal town)
    you suck................. unfortunately your right

blueberry donuts at dunkin donuts are pretty good, there is a conspiracy theory that the north east is invading CO with dunkin donuts so we will lose our least obease title and will all soon look like people from the north east at least they know how to drive on an interstate out there

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    at least they know how to drive on an interstate out there
    They do? That's funny