Page 460 of 465 FirstFirst ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 11621
    It was kinda fun being forced to send it just turning into my neighborhood but others were clearly less enthused with the conditions

Just spent 20 minutes helping a woman get OUT of my neighborhood.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just spent 20 minutes helping a woman get OUT of my neighborhood.
    Girlfriends don't count.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Only 2-3” here in Niwot, but 9news says 12” in Louisville just a little south of us. If it’s as heavy as the snow we got yesterday, I can see why the roads were Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Only 2-3” here in Niwot, but 9news says 12” in Louisville just a little south of us. If it’s as heavy as the snow we got yesterday, I can see why the roads were Armageddon.
    My lower back can confirm, as can the dragging undercarriage of the audi that just drove by while I was shoveling plow icebergs off my sidewalk. We definitely got a nice little band of heavy stuff down here

This morning. Signs going west say traction law in place for Love pass. Right before the exit, sign says love pass closed … except, it’s not. Stupid cdot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ended up taking us an hour fifteen to get from genesee to c470 yesterday as we just happened to be going through there right as the storm was at its most intense. Saw people who live on lookout mtn got 15" and a good 8" of that happened while we were in traffic, some real heavy snowfall. Luckily got the satisfaction of watching ski traffic go back to denver as we came up this afternoon, saw some tracks on lookout mtn too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2337.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	485490

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

We braved Sunday traffic to ski with our 12 year old. A-Basin was skiing great. But what a clusterfuck going home. 1:40 to go from A-Basin over the pass to Loveland. Then 1:30 to Denver. Fuck you I70!!

people taking the pass instead of 70 is a real issue. so much so I feel like I am running a big risk of sitting in a bunch of traffic if I try to go take sunday afternoon laps at the basin. why are people taking the pass instead of 70?

I thought the snow would be a bit softer this morning at the basin actually, p firm underneath I thought. I exploded a ski boot on lap 4 tho so that was my day.

Loveland pass backs up under avalanche paths

Not sure the solution to keep people off the pass

I really do think they need to upgrade fire suppression on Eisenhower to allow hazmat through.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Skied to last chair at abasin. After 30 minutes on Loveland pass and moving under half a mile I knew what I was in for and turned around and spent some time in summit county chilling until traffic let up. The weird part is I didnt see anybody else turn around. Are people content with this? Are people putting up with this every weekend?

Kinda reminds me on MLK weekend how people kept trying to wait on US-40 for Berthoud pass to open when CDOT said no ETA and it was still dumping. I think somebody (state patrol?) had to go out there and send people away multiple times. When it first closed people tried waiting on MJ road or something causing an hour+ backup to even get from MJ parking to US-40. A lot of weird behavior I dont remember seeing a few year ago.

I suspect a lot more people taking the pass because google started telling them to.
    48hr high resolution weather model ensemble
    https://danskiweather.com/hres-dansemble

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    people taking the pass instead of 70 is a real issue. so much so I feel like I am running a big risk of sitting in a bunch of traffic if I try to go take sunday afternoon laps at the basin. why are people taking the pass instead of 70?

I thought the snow would be a bit softer this morning at the basin actually, p firm underneath I thought. I exploded a ski boot on lap 4 tho so that was my day.
    I thought about that when we went to the basin around noon last sunday, it was fine but we did the traffic start to back up below the basin around 12:45 . So don't go too late for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Loveland pass backs up under avalanche paths

Not sure the solution to keep people off the pass

I really do think they need to upgrade fire suppression on Eisenhower to allow hazmat through.
    Avalanche tunnel under the sisters seems like a good solution. Like the ones on Red mtn pass.

I love watching the snake of cars pile up on Loveland. Cracks me up. But yeah, if it affects me getting up to the mountain it isn't so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Avalanche tunnel under the sisters seems like a good solution. Like the ones on Red mtn pass.
    US6 is both an oversize and a hazmat route. That would make a snowshed tunnel more expensive. Probably more expensive than putting in the improved fire suppression and storm water containment needed for Eisenhower to do hazmat, which would be much more beneficial to traffic flow and safety anyway (during storms and in general).

Sisters already has Gazex. Building a snowshed tunnel seems like a silly way to protect backed up traffic. It isn't going to open the pass when it would be otherwise closed. There are other paths that cross the road, plus the general closures of the pass for high winds, drifting snow, poor viz.

I wonder if they had Eisenhower open for hazmat if CDOT would preemptively close Loveland to divert the plowing resources to I70.

Loveland traffic faces return traffic from both Abasin and Keystone. Because, why would you route through Dillon to I 70 when it’s bumper to bumper to the tunnel.
    Then everyone gets backed up under the sisters as the Loveland ski traffic empties.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Loveland traffic faces return traffic from both Abasin and Keystone. Because, why would you route through Dillon to I 70 when it’s bumper to bumper to the tunnel.
    Then everyone gets backed up under the sisters as the Loveland ski traffic empties.
    Oh there is that, but there is absolutely a lot of traffic that comes from Breck or even from the Dillonthorne I-70 interchange because that is what Maps or Waze is telling them to do when the tunnel approach is backed up. No solution there except a high level conversation between CDOT and Google/Apple.

I imagine Loveland and A-Basin are thinking about having their people out directing traffic like Keystone and Copper do just so they can get folks out of the lot.

I know! More roundabouts!

I also worry about someone triggering an avalanche from above and it running down into stopped traffic. Saw this yesterday on the south side of the pass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3867.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	550.1 KB 
ID:	485629

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    why are people taking the pass instead of 70?
    If you are at the Basin heading eastbound why would you go back through Dillon and deal with the tunnel? Agree that sometimes the pass takes longer but most of the time it’s quicker than dealing w the tunnel.
    Last edited by rudy; 02-05-2024 at 02:51 PM.

^^ I get that. It isn’t abasin parking lots causing these backups on the pass though

Abasin being Alterra will make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Abasin being Alterra will make things worse.
    Yep. For deals like this to go through, Alterra and Vail should be forced to be on the hook to pay for infrastructure upgrades.
    Fuck them.

The Basin was already bad pre Alterra this weekend. Left Frisco at 8 and took an hour to park the car. Between getting past Keystone and then getting into the upper lots was a slow crawl the whole way. Only gonna get worse next year. Really hoping Ikon only has limited days.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    The Basin was already bad pre Alterra this weekend. Left Frisco at 8 and took an hour to park the car. Between getting past Keystone and then getting into the upper lots was a slow crawl the whole way. Only gonna get worse next year. Really hoping Ikon only has limited days.

This weekend was awesome if you timed it right. Lift lines werent bad.

Parking is the valve that prevents it from being too bad. They increase that and yeah, it’ll suck. I bet they start charging for a parking pass on top of the ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    This weekend was awesome if you timed it right. Lift lines werent bad.

Parking is the valve that prevents it from being too bad. They increase that and yeah, it’ll suck. I bet they start charging for a parking pass on top of the ikon.
    Agreed, lift lines were minimal. I'm convinced that folks park their car at the basin and spend the day in 5th-Alley or at the outlet stores because the parking situation is always worse than the crowds on the hill.