Page 461 of 465 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 11619

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

^^agree. On the hill, the Basin felt fairly quiet yesterday for a Sunday (except for Lenawee 6, where gapers were loading as 3s, 4s and 5s). But we barely made it into upper last chance at around 9:30 when they closed parking. That’ll be the norm every weekend day and powder day if they don’t have a 7 day cap on the pass. Ugh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Agreed, lift lines were minimal. I'm convinced that folks park their car at the basin and spend the day in 5th-Alley or at the outlet stores because the parking situation is always worse than the crowds on the hill.
    It's not that, it's that they have vastly increased open terrain and lift capacity without a similar increase in parking. So parking fills up like before, but the mountain isn't as crowded because there's twice as much terrain and more lifts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's not that, it's that they have vastly increased open terrain and lift capacity without a similar increase in parking. So parking fills up like before, but the mountain isn't as crowded because there's twice as much terrain and more lifts.
    Which allows them to tout the "guest experience" which leads more people to go there .... and repeat.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Like 30% of the backup getting onto I70 from Loveland pass is people on I70 using the Loveland exit to try and skip a couple hundred feet of traffic.
    48hr high resolution weather model ensemble
    https://danskiweather.com/hres-dansemble

Traffic backed up to hwy 6/93 at 6am?! What time are people getting up for a day trip these days?

Name:  1.png
Views: 804
Size:  159.8 KB

Just got my first $75 ticket for using the express lane . Anyone else get this crap? I didn’t realize you got fined if you don’t go in and out at exact spots on 70. Looks like there are some who have racked up thousands https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...e-enforcement/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are signs all over the place saying it's unlawful to cross the solid white line. Which of course equals a fine if they catch you. Though I didn't know they could catch you electronically.

I wonder if it's like the red light and photo radar tickets that you can ignore if they don't personally serve you?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

They recently announced e-tickets will be enforced just like in person cop tickets.
    And there’s cameras about every 1/2 mile along the express lane.

State is going collect for the lanes one way or another.

New I-70 window is Midnight-4AM.

3.5 hours alta to mouth of lcc. I70 isn't the only game around.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Way to bring some cololove over the border!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Unless I'm seeing things I noticed the WB express lane now is "open" after the veterans tunnel vs. starting before the tunnel at first intro...not sure what that's all about. I drop the 9$ once or twice a year at most so not my concern but also a nice opp to start the violation gravy train

Drove I80 yesterday and it is also in the running for being some sketchy ass shit. Traffic wasn't at a standstill or anything, but holy fuck there are a lot of trucks on that road! And seemed like every few miles there was one rolled over off the side, regular cars too. I was glad it was a sunny day and low wind for our drive home from Wydaho in our camper.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 02-18-2024 at 08:51 AM.

Seeing as denver ski traffic on weekends has been bad for many many years, just watching the explosion in traffic in LCC vs the winter I lived there (17/18) is absolutely crazy. It was so chill when I was there and it was a 600"-700" season.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Good, so it appears people have begun to either leave Denver for SLC or vacation there instead. We need to spread these people out. Idaho, Montana and WY are next.

That’s insane though. Fuuuuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There are signs all over the place saying it's unlawful to cross the solid white line. Which of course equals a fine if they catch you. Though I didn't know they could catch you electronically.

I wonder if it's like the red light and photo radar tickets that you can ignore if they don't personally serve you?
    $75 for just getting in the lane seems a bit ridiculous. But I paid it because it jumps to $150 after 2 weeks. I was researching and There are people who racked up thousands not knowing the fines either.

My cousin probably should be dead, but she drove like a boss. Still looking for the psycho in the VW. fastfred got any new scratches on your ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post

My cousin probably should be dead, but she drove like a boss. Still looking for the psycho in the VW. fastfred got any new scratches on your ride?
    Fucking Hell!
    She was in the white SUV?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Fucking Hell!
    She was in the white SUV?
    Yep the CRV with the bike rack and box that defeats the pit maneuver.

Not saying it is the reason because lots of other things at play there, but those bike racks do block lights and I can't believe they don't come with standard issue brake/turn lights yet. At least large amounts of reflective tape. Just something to think about.

You aren't wrong in general, but the brake/turn light positions on the CRV high enough to be visible above the rack. Though the resolution doesn't let us see that the CRV signals the merge back right after passing, you can see it on the frame-by-frame of the original video file: the CRV did signal starting at the 6s mark. (You can get pulled over for obscured plates and lights).

CRV is already signally and merging right even before the overtaking VW veers to the right to make a right hand pass (without signaling), but the VW doesn't actually hit the brakes until within <50ft of the CRV, which is less than 0.3 seconds from impact (without braking).

It is almost like the VW didn't even see the CRV... meth'd out folks can text and drive too, even at 120mph.

BTW you can calculate all these numbers I'm claiming. Highway stripes are 10ft long with 30ft between which is how I was able to calculate the VW was traveling in excess of 120mph, that's no exaggeration.

Obviously the issue here is the ~50mph overtaking speed and reckless driving. It is so fast anyone keeping their scan up wouldn't even pick up the closing VW in the mirrors. CRV was unaware of the VW until impact.

I bet the VW was coked/methed out.

I pulled the frames and enhanced them in Lightroom and there is no visible license plate.

Name:  crashcap1.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  250.7 KBName:  Screenshot 2024-02-18 085215.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  278.6 KB

did the VW intentionally force the CRV into the guardrail? From watching it looks like they could of just gone on by after moving back into the left lane.
    off your knees Louie

I think the VW was losing traction from the braking + VW swerved left oversteering to avoid rear ending the CRV... and then VW driver overcorrected right slamming really hard into the left side of the CRV, like a hyperaggressive pit. CRV manages to miraculously defeat the pit, regain control and correct for the impact induced swerve. She didn't even hit the guard rail!
    Last edited by summit; 02-19-2024 at 10:54 AM.

Also pretty impressive that truck driver was able to stop in time to avoid the CRV.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Also pretty impressive that truck driver was able to stop in time to avoid the CRV.
    Totally... and this is immediately after coming down the steep grade of Silver Plume Hill. Truck driver was managing his brake heat and he was paying attention. Good driver!

AND THEN he stops to check on my cousin AND gives her that footage to help her with the accident report! Wish I could buy him beers, but he didn't want to give his contact!

TWO minutes after my cousin sent the vid to insurance, USAA replied "we have determined you are not at fault in this accident."