Page 86 of 465 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 11610
    Just drove from Silverthorne to Evergreen. Easy going in both directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Holiday weekend and kids are out of school today and Monday. Prepare your anus
    Yet one more reason I'm glad I'm flying to my ski destination for this weekend/next week. I am guaranteed that the crowds will be less than 18 people where I'm going.... Have fun my I-70 brothers.

70 was quiet tonight. Left boulder around 8:30.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

18 people. I must know of this location. Will be trying to stay away from resorts today and tomorrow. maybe go for a skin tomorrow but even that idk. front rangers in their dynafit set up/ costumes out for the exercise

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Thank you I70 for the hour long delay at Bakerville because people can't seem to avoid having an accident on dry roads. Love ya!

Two trucks...of course it was two trucks!!
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 02-16-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Glenwood Canyon is closed in both directions for big rockfall. Those pictures are burly.

One of the boulders hit the river.

http://www.postindependent.com/news/...cted-after-2nd

I feel sorry for any one that has to deal with that "detour".

Can you imagine all the big rigs on 131?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^ You guys remember the closure a few years ago when the rock punched a 40' hole straight through the highway? A week later a woman was killed driving the detour route when a falling rock came through her windshield...
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

http://www.kunc.org/post/colorados-i...pends#stream/0

"Rice and CDOT acknowledged that the corridor needs infrastructure improvements to fit the growing number of vehicles. Yet when asked if CDOT has a long term plan for improving infrastructure like the tunnel, or adding more lanes to the corridor, the answer was no.

"Right now there is no concrete plan that says CDOT is going to go in, in the year 2025, and spend, you know, $3 billion and make I-70 from Vail to Golden three lanes in each direction," said Rice.

In the meantime, CDOT seems focused on short-term fixes coupled with faith that technology will play a big role in a congestion solution. Rice envisioned a future where smart car technology allows agencies to shrink lanes from 12 feet to seven feet wide and eliminate shoulders. That would allow the transportation department to add lanes without widening the road."

That is downright humorous.

What was humorous was asking people at Steamboat yesterday which way they were planning to drive home to Denver. For the answers, I think it is safe to assume that they have never looked at a map of Colorado.

I bet GPS lead to a nice little cluster that prompted this:

Wife headed to CA. Planned to leave yesterday afternoon, delayed until this morning. Just added 3 hrs onto an already long trip.

I was heading back from the San Juan's once. The weather was gnarly and it was the middle of the night so I was gonna do the 3 pass drive Vail/Ike/Berthoud. The highway was closed over Vail so I went Trough Rd. (my normal route). I ended up giving 3 people a ride to the motel in Kremmling who were in the ditch. Without exception, they were just following the GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The highway was closed over Vail so I went Trough Rd. (my normal route). I ended up giving 3 people a ride to the motel in Kremmling who were in the ditch. Without exception, they were just following the GPS.
    thats crazy shit very pretty but sketch

my bro was just up there hanging out this weekend driving around and check shit out and he was talking about all the sheer drops with no guardrails, on a less than maintained rd

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Without exception, they were just following the GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ballackout View Post
    http://www.kunc.org/post/colorados-i...pends#stream/0

"Rice and CDOT acknowledged that the corridor needs infrastructure improvements to fit the growing number of vehicles. Yet when asked if CDOT has a long term plan for improving infrastructure like the tunnel, or adding more lanes to the corridor, the answer was no.

"Right now there is no concrete plan that says CDOT is going to go in, in the year 2025, and spend, you know, $3 billion and make I-70 from Vail to Golden three lanes in each direction," said Rice.

In the meantime, CDOT seems focused on short-term fixes coupled with faith that technology will play a big role in a congestion solution. Rice envisioned a future where smart car technology allows agencies to shrink lanes from 12 feet to seven feet wide and eliminate shoulders. That would allow the transportation department to add lanes without widening the road."
    Makes all the sense in the world. I70 Congestion losses in CO are currently ~1B/yr... Obviously a $3B investment in infrastructure that lasts 50 years would be uncalled for.

#ColoradoNative
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can you imagine all the big rigs on 131?
    I drove 131 yesterday. Lots of trucks, some were hauling ass pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    thats crazy shit very pretty but sketch

my bro was just up there hanging out this weekend driving around and check shit out and he was talking about all the sheer drops with no guardrails, on a less than maintained rd
    Disagree. That is a well maintained dirt road, especially the Eagle Co side.

Back in '04-5 I was commuting back and forth from Summit to Vail and G-wood a lot. There was a sink hole on Vail Pass that closed the highway for a few months and around the time that got fixed, there was a big rockslide in G-wood Canyon. It was summer so I drove over Independence Pass and Tennessee pass a lot. Luckily, I was paid for drive time so I just drove all over the state in rental cars and got to check out some pretty scenic stuff.

Too bad they don't plow Independence pass in the winter, sure would cut down on some people's drive time, especially if this is going to be a prolonged closure.

is county road 8 from Meekeer to Yampa open in the winter? really dont want to drive to fucking Craig.

^^^not usually. When are you trying to get to/from?

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Glenwood Canyon is closed in both directions for big rockfall. Those pictures are burly.

One of the boulders hit the river.

http://www.postindependent.com/news/...cted-after-2nd
    Drove through 20 minutes earlier... makes you think. I know someone who lost their wife and kids to a rock slide in that canyon.

100s of cars & trucks have tried to go Indy Pass route. Too funny.

Steve Carver of Big Steve's Towing had his hands full with this 18-wheeler. The driver apparently believed his GPS when it told him Sylvan Lake Road was a viable alternative to the northern detour around Glenwood Canyon. There are no shortcuts, says the Colorado Department of Transportation.

Speaking of detours, CDOT is begging people to stop trying to blaze their own trails.

GPS systems and cell phones are sending them up roads that are not open, like Cottonwood Pass, Crooked Creek Pass, and Independence Pass.

“Just because a road shows up on a Google map does not mean it’s open,” said CDOT’s Tracy Trulove. “We have been out there turning people around.”

Derrick Dreyer was snowmobiling in the Sylvan Lake Road area south of Eagle, and encountered people whose GPS systems are telling them that Sylvan Lake Road and Cottonwood Pass Roads are alternate routes.

They’re not.

Dreyer was snowmobiling and directed six motorists to turn back from Sylvan Lake, and spent an hour getting a rental car out of the ditch.

On his way out, he came across an 18-wheeler stuck on Sylvan Lake Road. Once you get past the state park of the same name, it’s also closed for the winter, which would explain why the area is so popular with snowmobilers.

A Japanese visitor was trying to drive to Aspen from Vail and his cell phone told him to go to Gypsum and over Cottonwood Pass. As he did, people were coming toward him and waving. He said he thought they were friendly Americans coming from Aspen.

A trucker stuck in Gypsum Thursday morning had started in upstate New York, and drove through winter storms in Pennsylvania and Iowa. Now he’s contending with the rocks that closed Glenwood Canyon.

He said he would wait until midday Thursday, because he’d heard he might be able to get through.

The dedicated athletes from Eagle Valley High School’s girls basketball team had to leave Gypsum before 7:30 a.m. for a 3 p.m. playoff game in Palisade, generally an easy 70-minute ride down the interstate.

Then there are the two guys who allegedly had pot in their car, and led police from two states — Colorado and Utah — on a high speed chase.

It ended as a low speed chase when they were caught, possibly because they were doing what their cell phones told them because Glenwood Canyon is closed. The two men turned off Interstate 70, sped down Highway 82 through the Roaring Fork Valley, and got stuck about a mile up the Pitkin County side of the Eagle-Thomasville Road in Pitkin County, which isn’t open in the winter, either.