Page 60 of 465 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 11607
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Keep on about the co natives. They are a minority in co outnumbered 2:1 by transplants.
    I don't think you understand the meaning of "native". It means anyone who doesn't recognize stfu's brilliance.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    the colorado native plebs will never understand, a train stop at every ski area, trail head, and campground will eliminate all I-70 traffic!
    No shit. Everyone always discusses how a train will solve the ski traffic problem, they never discuss how it will solve the summer traffic problem, which is way worse and less predictable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Loving the ignorant denial... Trains wouldn't work here, the way they do across the entire planet... And there's no room for all these cars... And who' got time to learn to drive in the snow anyway?

Is anything more "native" than being certain your infrastructure problems are so special that they cannot be solved? Because the real answer is everyone should go back to wherever the fuck they came from so you can keep wasting this opportunity by yourselves. Fast forward 20 years, I'm predicting an unprecedented density of "native" bumper stickers on late model early 2000's cars in north eastern New Mexico.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 12-01-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    4 tracks. You won't need an Idaho springs stop as you will need to demolish much of the town to make room for the tracks. Nice troll though.

Keep on about the co natives. They are a minority in co outnumbered 2:1 by transplants.
    I never said you wouldn't have to flatten a few trailer homes. In the long term, they all have to go too. But it's not true that "most of the town" gets demolished, although that is a very predictable response!
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No shit. Everyone always discusses how a train will solve the ski traffic problem, they never discuss how it will solve the summer traffic problem, which is way worse and less predictable.
    This is why I'm a big fan of express bus over train....

KEEP YOUR CARS AND FORGET EXTRA LANES! THIS IS THE SOLUTION:

The answer is a roll-on roll-off heavy electric rail system. You could have a 5000-7500ft train (shorter than the average freight train) that carried 50 semis/buses, 300 passenger vehicles, and 500 additional passengers. You run two per hour each direction. 6 stations between Denver and Eagle.

1. You can do this with only one more tunnel bore. (depending on station frequency and train speed, you can do this with single track most of the way and only a few side tracks)
    2. Increases capacity by more than 50%.
    3. Reduces slowdowns by more than half by removing semis.
    4. Reduces road closures by far more than half by removing semis and tourist drivers.
    5. Cuts roadwear by far more than half by removing semis.
    6. Tourists and weekenders will use this because they can keep their vehicles for local freedom. IT WILL WORK IN THE SUMMER!
    7. Semis will use this because all the time they spend on the train is time moving cargo but not counted against their driving hour limits, plus it saves time and effort and no chains. Commercial fees can be the primary ongoing funding source year round!

In Europe, they have these types of trains already.

This is better than bus lanes. This is better than car lanes. Mass transit AND people keep their cars AND it gets the semis off the road. This is the ultimate I-70 solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Heavy rail? Sounds like lot of tunnels.
    Start boring.

Rollins Pass? Hilarious. Maybe as a summer tourist road but never as a paved winter road. Have you ever been there? Are you familiar with the terrain? But hey fuck it, sign me up for a 5 acre ranchette in Arrow. BC skiing out the door and just a quick jaunt down to Ned for lunch.

You guys need to decide whether you are trying to solve a weekend warrior traffic I-70 traffic problem or are simply trying to expand the front range megalopolis west.

Either way, I think you should evaluate whether all the other infrastructure west of Mt. Vernon Canyon can support more people and at who's expense? Point being that the ski resorts, water and sewer districts, schools, utilities and the labor market are current pretty much tapped out.

Personally, it's good for business. My phone is ringing of the hook with front rangers buying and remodeling a home in the mountains. Primary reason = traffic. The problem is, the mountain communities can't figure out how to get any more of your money.

Really this whole thread for the most part is counter productive to maggots own self interests.

What we really want is for people to get the fuck out of our way on a pow day, not to bring and keep another 10 or 20k people on the slopes a day.

Vail and Breck are already a joke. Want all the rest that crowded?

^^^Pretty much my point. Right now the limiting factor as too how many people are at the "Resort" on weekends is how many cars you can stuff up I-70. If you increase peak capacity on the road, something else would be maxed.

Ever seen the shitters backup up at ski area because the sewer plant is maxed? Its not good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    ^^^Pretty much my point. Right now the limiting factor as too how many people are at the "Resort" on weekends is how many cars you can stuff up I-70. If you increase peak capacity on the road, something else would be maxed.

Ever seen the shitters backup up at ski area because the sewer plant is maxed? Its not good for business.
    Shut up you stupid native!
    ;-)

stfu you seem like a really nice guy.... Enjoy your bunny hills bud as no local with any sense will want you at their party.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbit View Post
    stfu you seem like a really nice guy.... Enjoy your bunny hills bud as no local with any sense will want you at their party.
    Haven't I been saying that the whole time?

Have you considered moving to New Mexico?
    Hugh Conway sucks

By far the biggest mistake here is using E-470 to do the toll processing. CDOT must be in bed with them or run by idiots. The ExpressTolls company is a joke. The key is to look up your license plate on their site after you've used that lane to avoid joining the ExpressTolls scam party. Do not wait for them to send you a bill, they often will not in the hopes that they can get extra fees out of you (this was proven to be true over and over again by local news investigators). Or better yet, save yourself $35 (+ ass raping) and take the frontage detour.

I think the solution is for the state to build another big ski resort somewhere off I70, that locals and visitors will want to go to. Spread out the crowd. The biggest problem is having 8 ski resorts on one road, not to mention the gnar that is Echo.
    As for summer...people, spread out.

There are no untapped local spots that are suitable for a large ski area.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Pretty much this

Nothing at all in the Indian Peaks?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Nothing at all in the Indian Peaks Wilderness?
    The important part.

What about around Guenalla on the south side near 285? Allenspark just outside RMNP? North of RMNP?

Guanella already has a failed ski area on it.
    You're going to have to get specific. "north of RMNP" and "near Allenspark" are a bit...generic.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What about around Guenalla on the south side near 285? Allenspark just outside RMNP? North of RMNP?
    There's already a defunct ski area called Geneva Basin on south side of Guanella. http://www.coloradoskihistory.com/lost/genevabasin.html
    I have not spent a lot of time up all the different drainages in the area but I have not seen anything that would be conducive to a large scale ski resort around there.

Allenspark area is either Indian Peaks Wilderness or RMNP.

RMNP extends nearly to Cameron Pass. Most everything north of Cameron is Colorado State Forest or the Rawah Wilderness, which extends most of the way to the WY border.

This is why I'm a big fan of express bus over train....
    Express bus... the bus of the future is here! http://www.theonion.com/video/obama-...-with-hi-18473

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Loving the ignorant denial... Trains wouldn't work here, the way they do across the entire planet... And there's no room for all these cars... And who' got time to learn to drive in the snow anyway?

So let me get this straight.

You and I just finished a discussion about how it will be nearly impossible to complete the estimated 4 billion dollar expansion of I-70 because TABOR limits tax revenues and there is little appetite for new bonds among voters.

Now you are advocating in favor of a 20 to 25 billion dollar high speed rail expansion, and calling the naysayers ignorant and in denial???

Good God.

Have any of you guys actually thought about the logistics of high speed rail along the I-70 corridor?

Breck, Keystone, and A-Basin are all pretty far away from I-70. How are people going to get from the train station to these resorts?

Busses and Shuttle services won't be enough to get most people to their final destination. Never mind the massive costs of purchasing and operating all of these busses. Do you really think people want to be hauling all of their luggage and ski gear on a train and then bus?

And what happens to people once they get to their cabin / hotel / resort? Are they expected to be stranded there?

How much would a ticket on the train cost? 40 bucks round trip maybe?

Wouldn't be very economical for most groups of skiers, especially considering that you will be sacrificing your mobility in the mountains.

I won't even bother to mention summertime, when a train would be absolutely useless.

Also, have any of you guys thought about how much of a pain a train would be for out of state travelers?

Picture this: You and your family land at DIA. You gather your luggage and ski gear, and get on the 35 minute train to Union Station. At Union Station you unload all of your ski gear and walk the 2 1/2 blocks to the light rail station and wait for a train to Golden. From there you get onto the light rail with all your luggage and ski gear and take the 45 minute train to Golden. In Golden you unload all of your luggage and transfer to the high speed rail towards summit county (another transfer is required here because light rail and HSR can not run on the same track). You ride the 80 minute train to Summit County. In summit county you unload all of your luggage and get on a shuttle bus to Breckenridge.

That is what? 4 transfers? a 5 hour trip?

stuff&gbtw really has this stuff figured out guys!

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    tabor is the best thing ever I don't know why more states don't follow colorados lead
    Yeah TABOR is the best thing ever if you think the current situation on I-70 is sustainable!!!

It has worked out so nicely for Colorado, I am surprised there is no other state with TABOR!!!!!!