How can we repeal TABOR?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How can we repeal TABOR?
    Statewide majority vote, I believe.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Statewide majority vote, I believe.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
    Yep on both accounts. The problem is that TABOR sounds too good and too innocent to get dumb fucks to vote against it. Or even smart folks. I mean, why shouldn't we get to vote on tax increases, why shouldn't we make sure our government collects and spends money wisely? What's wrong with that? A lot, but it sounds so innocent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The interstate system was largest federally funded public works project in the history of the country. If you want to talk about big time infrastructure improvement and not small time shoulder lane bullshit, I think it will need to start at the federal level again.

Of course, that’s a whole new hurdle, but that’s enough political rabble.

Well, I think all the out of staters should go to ski Tahoe or Utah this year.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/traf...vail/71998396/

I'm not sure why the article mentions Vail, since the toll lanes are nowhere near Vail. I guess a headline with Empire and Idaho Springs doesn't bring in the eyeballs?

$30 for a one-way toll? Holy Cheezus.

9 in getting bargain basement with some of the news bimbos.

We've went round and round with TABOR in this thread a zillion times already. Even a good piece posted about the Feds role, basically the Feds built the stuff and then kindda dumped the maintenance off onto the States.

Agree with Hatch, time the Feds get to work on infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

I'm not sure why the article mentions Vail, since the toll lanes are nowhere near Vail. I guess a headline with Empire and Idaho Springs doesn't bring in the eyeballs?
    Because it's a Vail Daily story. They are just repeating.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

$30 for a one-way toll? Holy Cheezus.
    I love how the stupid woman said the $30 toll will be rare. Oh yeah dummy? Have you been on I70 ever? It'll be $30 during every clusterfuck Sunday.

It will definitely be CME & Multi-Passenger-Van express lane.

In a traffic jam situation, they will undoubtedly be the first to pay for the lane.

Imagine if CME did not allow their shuttle to utilize the OHV lane?

... expect higher prices for airport shuttles this winter....

Took the 36 toll lane for the first time today. Got around a huge backup because of an accident. However, I also experienced the danger of the lane: people cutting into it over the double white line. I nearly rear ended some asshole who cut out from the traffic jam while I was approaching at 60 mph. They should put those thin stakes with reflectors in between lanes so you can't cut in before there are some serious accidents.

^^^ I drove it last week (not the toll lane) and was wondering- what's stopping people from cutting into the lane in-between the toll/HOV readers? I guess nothing, based on what happened to you today...

Haven't seen that happen very often, and don't consider it common. YMMV.

I haven't seen cutting over the double line happen much when the highway is flowing well, except for the occasional CU kid in his wrx weaving in and out all over the place going 85.

I have seen it a decent amount in traffic jams. Usually it is close to the dashed portion where you can enter and it looks like people either anxious to get in early or second guessing themselves and getting in late.

Overall I am pretty damn happy with 36. There is not nearly as much traffic I don't think (except every morning past superior when it changes back to the construction zone). The toll is cheap and usually you only need to take it an exit or two to avoid most of the traffic, totaling 50 cents if you have the transponder. Not a bad price for the amount of time you save.

It's too bad the I70 toll won't be a more reasonable price because I think a lot more people would take it. Why not encourage the use of the lane instead of upping the price the more crowded it is?

Just drove back east bound today and yeah, the lane is definitely narrower than the other two. And no shoulder. What are they thinking? Seems idiotic.

It's too bad the I70 toll won't be a more reasonable price because I think a lot more people would take it. Why not encourage the use of the lane instead of upping the price the more crowded it is?

Just drove back east bound today and yeah, the lane is definitely narrower than the other two. And no shoulder. What are they thinking? Seems idiotic.
    The toll is priced high to make sure you get your money's worth. If it was $5 everyone would use it, and it'd be just as slow as the free lanes.

The extra lane is the shoulder the vast majority of the time. That's why it's narrow and why it isn't always going to be a lane.

I hope the toll lane helps things, I think in clear-but-busy conditions it'll be beneficial. I'm not optimistic for how it'll work out in a blizzard. I'm guessing somewhere between "junkshow" and "total nightmare."
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by matoco View Post
    I haven't seen cutting over the double line happen much when the highway is flowing well, except for the occasional CU kid in his wrx weaving in and out all over the place going 85.

I have seen it a decent amount in traffic jams. Usually it is close to the dashed portion where you can enter and it looks like people either anxious to get in early or second guessing themselves and getting in late.

Overall I am pretty damn happy with 36. There is not nearly as much traffic I don't think (except every morning past superior when it changes back to the construction zone). The toll is cheap and usually you only need to take it an exit or two to avoid most of the traffic, totaling 50 cents if you have the transponder. Not a bad price for the amount of time you save.
    I am pretty happy with the 36 improvements as well, although I do think it is bullshit that we suffered through years of construction headaches for nothing more than a toll lane.

There are also way too many people on that road who don't understand that the left lane is the fast lane.

I've just been driving in the express lane with my transponder switched to HOV so I can ride for free. Fuck the private corporation profiting from these tolls

Fuck I-70, that's all I have to say. Just took me almost 3.5 hours from Dillon to Boulder because of the sheer volume of people (and fucking morons) alone, and it's not even a "busy" weekend. The Front Range is getting ridiculous.

That's pretty good time on a Sunday afternoon. You should know better.

You got it right though....volume and lots of really bad drivers camped in the left lane.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Lots of drunks coming back from Oktoberfest?

Yeah, all you bastards that moved here after me should move back where you came from.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Lots of people coming back from Grand county yesterday, backup to get on 70 through Empire at noon!

Took the 36 toll lane for the first time today. Got around a huge backup because of an accident. However, I also experienced the danger of the lane: people cutting into it over the double white line. I nearly rear ended some asshole who cut out from the traffic jam while I was approaching at 60 mph. They should put those thin stakes with reflectors in between lanes so you can't cut in before there are some serious accidents.
    ^^^ I drove it last week (not the toll lane) and was wondering- what's stopping people from cutting into the lane in-between the toll/HOV readers? I guess nothing, based on what happened to you today...
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Haven't seen that happen very often, and don't consider it common. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by matoco View Post

Yep, the cutting over isn't common when traffic is flowing (duh) and isn't dangerous when traffic is flowing, because everyone is moving at much the same pace. But it is fairly common when traffic suddenly comes to a stop in the non-toll lanes. I mostly ride the bus, but almost had an accident 3 weeks ago when I was in the car with my wife and kid, and traffic in the non-toll lane came to a stop.

I agree that they need to install some sort of something, even just those little reflector/rumble things, so that drivers don't do this. At least there is still a good shoulder so there is space to swerve around the asshats.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lots of drunks coming back from Oktoberfest?
    pretty much

you can always bet on a certain type of person coming to breckenridge to visit, for some reason october fest invites a type of person who normally doesn't come to the mtns unless massive amounts of alchol and pure stupidity are allowed

Not I70 but when the fuck is CDOT going to finish the construction at the Federal/Rte 6 interchange? It seems to be taking forever and I get caught in long delays all the time. Grrrrrr