Page 44 of 465 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 11610
    This has to be put in this epic thread. Pic of the infamous boat, just left in the right lane on Gtown hill today. WTF. You just can't make this shit up!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1429310778.438126.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	166276

Haha. Did he really leave it? I passed by him when it was still hooked up to his truck and someone was trying to pull him out.

Bummer about that Lake Powell trip.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This has to be put in this epic thread. Pic of the infamous boat, just left in the right lane on Gtown hill today. WTF. You just can't make this shit up!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1429310778.438126.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	166276
    That shit is priceless. Everybody at Loveland today was talking about "The Boat"

mini van with shitty tires pulling a boat, fucking asshole...

I waited at georgetown for about an hour this AM. so lucky to have left the house relatively early.

holy wind fucked on the ridge. even if it spun later...it looked scary in places, ice city, but it was DEEP. Waist deep in places and heavy mach speed holding snow.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Be mad at the minivan driver. Also be mad at the the state senators who think that requiring snows/chains is too much for people like that minivan driver, but letting one minivan/boat tower close the highway and cause 1000s of hours of cumulative wasted time for others is just fine with those state senators.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Pretty sure it was a pickup pulling the boat... Talked to a guy at a basin, said he was right behind when it all went down. Some idiot in an ancient two wheel drive pickup with shit tires spun out, then either a semi (no chains?) Or the boat was next. guy towing the boat lost all his momentum. Had to get 15~ people out to push the first 2wd so they could get by. Something like that

I love this thread.

If only the state police would monitor the semis for chain use.... I drove up this morning and there were TONS of tractor trailers on I-70 between Idaho Springs and the tunnel, and I bet 25% of them didn't have chains. Especially awesome was the douchebag semi driver passing other semis in the left lane, without chains.

Meanwhile up on I-80 things were/are far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Meanwhile up on I-80 things were/are far worse...

God damn. Between Laramie and Rawlins I assume?

Thats one thing about up there when its bad its fucking BAD.

Cheyenne and Laramie.

Maggot HoarHey was stuck in Laramie while that was going on.

I80 was closed for almost 3 days due to a huge pile up between Cheyenne and Laramie. It's closed again today due to another huge pile up.
    This video is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. How in the hell nobody died is beyond me. Sounds like there was 1 fatality in the pile up today.

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2015/0...eup-in-wyoming
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Holy cow that was terrifying. Why the hell did that Toyota at the end not move? I kept waiting for them to get crushed, bad.

What was going on that traffic was moving so fast that they could not stop?

Real question. Do truckers not use CBs anymore? You'd think they would come in super handy in situations like this. Just broadcast out...Slow the fuck down in between Laramie and Cheyenne.

That 4Runner is one lucky, oblivious looking, motherfucker

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    What was going on that traffic was moving so fast that they could not stop?
    In Denver that storm laid down a shitty mix of icy slush that got bad really quick. I can only assume it was much worse in between Laramie and Cheyenne.

Friends came down 25 wed. evening for the start of it, said traffic was moving 90mph through the slush.

So imagine they were still booking on I-80 as well.

Scary vid, suv that boxed themselves in between the trucks had a deathwish for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Friends came down 25 wed. evening for the start of it, said traffic was moving 90mph through the slush.

So imagine they were still booking on I-80 as well.

Scary vid, suv that boxed themselves in between the trucks had a deathwish for sure.
    I thought the same thing about that SUB that cruised in between the carnage. Just crazy scary!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Real question. Do truckers not use CBs anymore? You'd think they would come in super handy in situations like this. Just broadcast out...Slow the fuck down in between Laramie and Cheyenne.

That 4Runner is one lucky, oblivious looking, motherfucker
    I think they still use them(CBs). When I use truck stops on 78 in Pa., there's advertisements for them on those circulars they put on the urinal walls

There's new federal regulations coming that will allow even larger, maybe triple trucks. That's going to work out well.

I wonder if the coming self driving trucks and cars will react better or worse in that situation?

Every trucker in that video that came flying into that mess at 50 mph should lose their license. Professional drivers....jesus.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Been in the DC area for a week...are the drivers AWFUL here or is it me?

Plenty of morons sitting in the left lane going 50, guess it's not just CO. And the traffic...holy motherfucker!
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 04-27-2015 at 03:15 PM.

This thread is full of some incredibly delusional and pathetic people.

How hard is it to drive when it's not busy? When I lived in Colorado, I got caught in bad traffic both directions one day and I learned my lesson. NEVER again did I get caught in traffic and I still managed to ski 80+ days every season for 5 years. Yeah accidents suck, but apparently you haven't figured out that I-70 is almost guaranteed to close when it snows. You're all really awesome at driving in the snow but everyone else sucks and they'll ruin it right? Sucking on your thumbs and crying on the internet isn't going to do anything.

Surprisingly enough there are other people that like to ski, maybe that's why the highway is crowded. Try moving somewhere else if you like ski without a hassle, especially if you like to ski real terrain that I70 doesn't provide.

Surprisingly enough, you're not the only people

Yawn...try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bckid View Post
    This thread is full of some incredibly delusional and pathetic people.

How hard is it to drive when it's not busy? When I lived in Colorado, I got caught in bad traffic both directions one day and I learned my lesson. NEVER again did I get caught in traffic and I still managed to ski 80+ days every season for 5 years. Yeah accidents suck, but apparently you haven't figured out that I-70 is almost guaranteed to close when it snows. You're all really awesome at driving in the snow but everyone else sucks and they'll ruin it right? Sucking on your thumbs and crying on the internet isn't going to do anything.

Surprisingly enough there are other people that like to ski, maybe that's why the highway is crowded. Try moving somewhere else if you like ski without a hassle, especially if you like to ski real terrain that I70 doesn't provide.

Surprisingly enough, you're not the only people
    Sick first post bro!

I don't remember where mags were bitching about this but here you go...
    http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...trap/26541639/