Family trip to Disneyland, where to surf?

Not a complete kook but pretty close, no rental car, staying close to Disneyland. Hoping to show up somewhere via taxi or public transit, rent board/suit, have a sesh, taxi back.

Huntington? Newport? Tips, suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention trip is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by p.blz View Post
    Forgot to mention trip is next week.
    taxi to HB pier. Plenty of shops there tht will rent you a suit and board. Dress and walk across PCH. Surf ,return board and wetsuit taxi back to Disneyland

Thanks, will look into car rental.

So, I have never caught Huntington on a good day. A nugget a local mag passed on to me was that you have to catch it in the morning, before the wind turns onshore.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

^^^So, like most shitty beach breaks?

I guess. I've never stayed Huntington, so I'm never there close to early. Trestles stays nice most days, even in the afternoon. I guess it's not a "shitty" beach break, though.

Surfing tomorrow?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Good luck getting waves at trestles tho if you're "pretty close to a kook"

I've surfed the Oregon coast my whole life and when I went to trestles 3 years ago it was eye opening. Every wave is a paddle battle. I would not recommend upper trestles for a beginner, and don't even waste your time at lowers.

Surfed Lower Trestles on Thurs & Fri, maybe 10 guys out. Winter is a different animal at Trestles, the WNW swells don’t hit the point the way the SW swells do in the summer so it spreads out the crowd. Plus, all the kool kids aren’t in town yet so you can longboard without catching shit.

Summer/Fall on the other hand...

PM me if you need anything, board, wetsuit, tour guide, etc...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Or some IPAs???

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Or some IPAs???
    I thought that was implied

Huntington looks pretty good this morning p.blz, 4-5ft no wind and pretty empty. Wind should be calm until about 2pm so get on it if you are in town.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Still at home, likely to be sunday or monday (next week) before we have a chance to hit the beach.

Thank you for your generous offer, I just might take you up on part of it once we figure out which day will work best...

Is Magic seaweed the best place to check conditions?

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond.

edit: nevermind, just found HBcams and shows about all I need to see!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    alamo has a car rental right next to the disneyland hotel. 1 day rate will be same as round trip taxi without the smell of the middle east. way more options and chance to flee if necessary.
    b
    This is what I would do. Rent a car and go to HB.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Made it to HB today in Alamo rental car with whole family. Parked south of pier, rented from jack's, and had several great rides in perfect conditions for my wife and I to take turns kookin it up!

Thanks to all who pointed us in the right direction, we had a fantastic day!

Y'all got some kickass weather for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^So, like most shitty beach breaks?
    Comparing Huntington with "most shitty beach breaks"tells more about you than the break.

Tell me. What does it tell? I want to hear all about myself. Thanks in advance. I feel so lucky to meet one of the smart people.