Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    What happend? Did you get scared about the throwdown? Where's the engineer?

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    What patents do ramp have?
    Its some new chinstrap technology. Rontele did the beta testing.

Im bumping this every week until the cowards return.
    You come on here and ask for it and we give and you leave.
    Wtf?

Where's the engineer?

They don't just show up man, you have to lay out some nice roller ball gel pens as bait first to draw them from their cubicles.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Y is everyone so set on ripping on these guys? Every company marketing is full of shit. At least this is NA manufacturing. Props to them. I'd demo them... for free. Actually send me a free pair and I will brag how good they are in every thread.

The better question might be why does anyone get ripped on ?

because people ask the same stupid shit over and over without doing any research, so unless you rip a few new assholes for all these assholes all you will get will be assholes asking stupid easy questions they could easily find the answer to themselves, you wana ask a question you should at least have some thing obscure to ask so you don't get dissed

At least have an idea what you are talking about, hangout and see how the game is played which buddy did not do, he could have got an engineer involved which he didn't do ...he failed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Do you give your dog a treat for shitting on the rug?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Every company marketing is full of shit.
    pretty much. and there isn't much differentiation between ski mfgs so it comes down to bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    pretty much. and there isn't much differentiation between ski mfgs so it comes down to bullshit.
    I disagree. It comes down to details. Attention to them and being able to explain them to your customers.
    Doesnt look like these guys can do either.

What patents do ramp have?
    We have a pending patent that allows us to manipulate the sidecut within an existing mold so we don't have to buy new tooling for every size/model ski/board. This allows us to save money and manufacture in the U.S., put better quality materials in our skis/boards, and still sell factory direct.

Im bumping this every week until the cowards return.
    You come on here and ask for it and we give and you leave.
    Wtf?
    Hey sorry for the delay, like any other ski company, our staff handles lots of different tasks including traveling and such. We can't spend all day on the forums. Our engineer lives in France most of the year and is taking time off now. When he gets back, we'll have him join the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by RampSports View Post
    Hey sorry for the delay, like any other ski company, our staff handles lots of different tasks including traveling and such. We can't spend all day on the forums. Our engineer lives in France most of the year and is taking time off now. When he gets back, we'll have him join the conversation.
    He's busy

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The better question might be why does anyone get ripped on ?

because people ask the same stupid shit over and over without doing any research, so unless you rip a few new assholes for all these assholes all you will get will be assholes asking stupid easy questions they could easily find the answer to themselves, you wana ask a question you should at least have some thing obscure to ask so you don't get dissed

At least have an idea what you are talking about, hangout and see how the game is played which buddy did not do, he could have got an engineer involved which he didn't do ...he failed
    A fluffer wouldn't satisfy.

What happend? Did you get scared about the throwdown? Where's the engineer?
    Here I am.
    If you have any questions, let me know!

RAMPTECH

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    He's busy

She's busy you mean. Female communications director here. In fact, at RAMP, all administration staff besides the president are women.

Quote Originally Posted by RampSports View Post
    She's busy you mean. Female communications director here. In fact, at RAMP, all administration staff besides the president are women.

Wait so the best M:F ratio in all of skiing is at Ramp HQ?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Why do I get the feeling that RampSports is an elaborate troll. I mean no one could think this was a good idea for their company right?

the questions have been posed just answer them.

the questions have been posed just answer them.

Y'know, I think it's worth mentioning that while an engineer designs a process that a) works and b) makes sense financially, it's up to the marketing guys to decide how that is relayed to the genera public. I would bet anything that the engineer knows there isn't anything really special about vac bagging other than that it makes sense in their situation and does deviate from the industry norm a bit.

Basically I'm saying keep in mind that it was never the engineer's aim to revolutionize the ski industry, only design a process that will work for Ramp right now. It was the marketing guys that blew smoke up our asses about what it means or does- obviously if it produced a glaringly better product, it would be more prevalent. But that's what marketing guys do. They make mountains out of molehills in an attempt to gain attention to their products- often by means of churching shit up, making reach claims of superior function or quality or lauding some minor difference as if it was the most important minor detail in the history of mankind.

You can be annoyed with marketing all you want, but as long as good skis are coming out of a factory you can't really have a beef with the engineer for not having anything to back up the full-of-shit-department's bullshit claims of differentiation.

watch out for snakes

Since you guys took over the old honda shop, and those mother fuckers ripped me off for a lifetime service on my snowblower a couple of months before they closed the doors (obviously knew it was coming), can I get some free skis or something?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I luv me sum ramps.

[/url]
    Ramps, rumps, and dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    But that's what marketing guys do. They make mountains out of molehills in an attempt to gain attention to their products- often by means of churching shit up, making reach claims of superior function or quality or lauding some minor difference as if it was the most important minor detail in the history of mankind.

You can be annoyed with marketing all you want, but as long as good skis are coming out of a factory you can't really have a beef with the engineer for not having anything to back up the full-of-shit-department's bullshit claims of differentiation.

DW,
    You do realize that all ski companies, including your beloved Worth, are marketing you something in the manner above? In fact, your glowing reviews of every Worth ski on TGR and Epic are a form of marketing.

So, don't get on RAMP for marketing something.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Y'know, I think it's worth mentioning that while an engineer designs a process that a) works and b) makes sense financially, it's up to the marketing guys to decide how that is relayed to the genera public. I would bet anything that the engineer knows there isn't anything really special about vac bagging other than that it makes sense in their situation and does deviate from the industry norm a bit.
    I think lobstahmeatwad thinks the same thing here, but Ramp a) upped the ante by claiming that their engineer, who has several patents, would explain the mythical benefits of their ski fabrication process and b) is now making excuses as to why we haven't received a proper answer.

Props for the gel pen comment, btw. Our admins bought some shitty ball points one time, and they got straightened out pretty quick.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that RampSports is an elaborate troll. I mean no one could think this was a good idea for their company right?
    You don't remember Oakley's great big fail here? Marketing's so far up their own ass in action sports they don't care what the consumers think, much less no.

I'd thought DoWork was paid for the Worth spew

Ante up!