Kirkwoods promises

An attempt to summarize this years ski season: from bliss to funk in one day. After the awesome Mammoth trip, Kirkwoods disastrous 12" of "powder" ( just in case anybody is claiming it was blower powder is simply lying) ended up for me with a torqued knee, a severely pulled hip muscle and a cracked confidence, I am now lying on the couch with heat pads draped over me. Boy I feel old some days. And a bit feeling stupid believing Kirkwoods announcements over and over again. Its like a bad relationship where one wants to believe, but gets slammed once one does. Ya, ya, I know, Kwood got its good days - between the unfulfilled promises. The motto is attracting riders is more important than revealing the real mountain facts. But that seems pretty much to be the trade of all ski resorts.
    And of course I know that one wo/mans funk can easily be another wo/mans bliss. If you like cement that is.

Is your hobby sweet blogging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    PM Tim Cohee, he cares.

we got a new girl on the block that put her bitch in the correct place, kudo's and welcome.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Is your hobby sweet blogging?
    No. It's skiing Kirkwood's promised powder, as if one couldn't tell from the temperature and the first turn that it was heavy and potentially knee-torquing.

I blame Vail for creating all of that warm snow, and not myself for improperly assessing the situation and skiing within my abilities!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I blame Vail for creating all of that warm snow, and not myself for improperly assessing the situation and skiing within my abilities!!!!!

Last edited by nawaz; 11-27-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guessmyhobby View Post
    An attempt to summarize this years ski season: from bliss to funk in one day. After the awesome Mammoth trip, Kirkwoods disastrous 12" of "powder" ( just in case anybody is claiming it was blower powder is simply lying) ended up for me with a torqued knee, a severely pulled hip muscle and a cracked confidence, I am now lying on the couch with heat pads draped over me. Boy I feel old some days. And a bit feeling stupid believing Kirkwoods announcements over and over again. Its like a bad relationship where one wants to believe, but gets slammed once one does. Ya, ya, I know, Kwood got its good days - between the unfulfilled promises. The motto is attracting riders is more important than revealing the real mountain facts. But that seems pretty much to be the trade of all ski resorts.
    And of course I know that one wo/mans funk can easily be another wo/mans bliss. If you like cement that is.
    Sounds like you should maybe have waited a month or so.
    They're not even open yet, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Sounds like you should maybe have waited a month or so.
    They're not even open yet, are they?
    timing is everything (check the OP's post date)
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.