Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    pretty fishy summer stokages dominates another page
    strong work
    still to hot for them slopes 2b a good skiin spot

i swear i'm gonna make it over to land of huckin meats this winter
    holy summer flies by
    t- 100 days till the bullwheels turn and the tan of life's priorities moves to goggle region

threw some big junk in hopes of one of them tigger muskers

till team go fast and burn fuel and windages pooped on that parade
    had a nice carp on and a half dozen crapeyes saved the skunk

furkidz had fun

definately headin back in the fall hopin by then to have the sup skills dialed enough to chuck on the sup 4 tigger
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

small streams been on fire round these parts

bigger than anticipated

you could jump across the crick where I got this guy. nice tussle on the 3 wt

Traveled east to one of my favorite rivers, the scenery is meh....

Butch Cassidy used to roam here

now its browns

and cutts

today floated the lower P

the water was crystal clear saw so many fish from the boat

my dumb ass buddy dicked up my camera so no pics of my fish

sfb we need to float the lower or go hammer some carps

not sure if workin 2day or how long will call

poopfish they live in beautiful places and the ghetto too
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What wt rod are you using for the carp?

dfinn we need to dawn patrol the lower and throw meat
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

well i came on here tonight to see if i could find out what it would be like to move to the Breckenridge area and got distracted by TR's this fishing thread. i dont have a good TR to post for ya but I can give ya some 2014 fishin stoke.

8 weight scott sts
    gonna git one on the 6 weight switch i got from dfinner
    as soon as i quit lining em w/ my piss poor 2hander crashlander casts
    Carps are great none cares if you mishandle em
    aint to worried about hot spotting a giant ut lake that they inhabit 70% or so of the biomass
    hell i think theyre still payin $.20 a pound to the set netters.
    http://utahlake.gov/fish-be-gone-two...-at-utah-lake/
    hell yeahs the 13' cats a blast to row and fish out of
    purrfect for that water

Quote Originally Posted by sal the salmon View Post
    well i came on here tonight to see if i could find out what it would be like to move to the Breckenridge area and got distracted by TR's this fishing thread. i dont have a good TR to post for ya but I can give ya some 2014 fishin stoke

way to bring it
    whats goin on in the background?
    did you nail that bull w/ ghetto willow stick tenkara rig?
    cause ifin ya did pm z w/ the techique

hahah naw i wish. thats just my shittastic chopped down willow net handle. no special secrets. for the record, the net is great, the handle sucked balls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    dfinn we need to dawn patrol the lower and throw meat
    I'm into that! Didn't realize people do or could float it. How's that work? Mandatory raft from all the bottom bumping?

headed south for a friends wedding this weekend

this area is known for it's high lakes that are tough to get to but full of fish. the fishing was good.

the lakes were tough to get to. double flatted and had to drive out on the rims.

Last edited by dfinn; 08-24-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I'm into that! Didn't realize people do or could float it. How's that work? Mandatory raft from all the bottom bumping?

the lakes were tough to get to. double flatted and had to drive out on the rims.

damn... way to use the wheels of steel! floating the p is pretty straightfoward. me n sfb fished it most entirely from the boat. we would have caught more if we bottom bounced caddis or pmd nymphs but it tooo goddamn fun slinging streamers. the cat is purrfect for it. small and hella manuverable. i can dp thursday or friday let me know.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

can't this week, got a stupid long list of to-do stuff before I get hitched this weekend but the following week I'm all about it. I'll get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    can't this week, got a stupid long list of to-do stuff before I get hitched this weekend but the following week I'm all about it. I'll get in touch.
    blated congrats
    rendezvoused w/ my greenie bro who stood beside me 18 years ago when I exchanged vows and acquired a better 1/2

fished well but 4 me it's more about the smile of an old acquaintance and the ability to cook pork products and set your shitter up in cool places.

happy holiday

Fuck, way to get after it Dibs. I love that underwater releasing shot.

(not my pic, from a friend)

No big fish in your state.

Jesus Christ! I need to get on the water!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

All kinds of stoke.

So this was awesome:

My buddy and I are pretty new to Fly Fishing have been learning on this small Colorado Stream off the beaten path from the more popular gold medal waters in our neck of the woods.

Last night the fish were hitting our hopper/coppers like mad!. The fishing was great, we landed 8 assorted rainbows from 8 - 13" and lost a dozen more.

We went back tonight and even though the clouds and rain slowed the action a bit - we were still hooking a few rainbows yet again.

My buddy finds a small eddy with a nice 13" fish just hanging out there and he started dabbing his rig in there. I soon joined to watch.

The fish seemed a little interested in the terrestrial hopper but never actually bit. he tried various terrestraials and dry flies. We had good luck with trico patterns yesterday and tried some of those now tonight, no luck.

A light rain started falling and I figured we were going to have to walk away without hooking this fellow.

I had seen the occasional caddis flying about when we are there and sometimes an elk hair dry works well in this particular stream. but this dude wasn't interested in it at all. I tied on a CADDIS EMERGER I bought to use on the nearby Blue River figuring this might work.

I dropped it in front of his face and he still ignored it. Then the fish was distracted I dropped the "green caddis candy" quietly into the scum layer on the bottom of the 16" deep hole. As the fish turned back again I very slowly, as slow as I possibly could, pulled the emerger up toward the surface. (Mimicking exactly what I have learned nature does in streams.) My entomology lessons paid off!

The fish came out from under his log and slowly approached the emerger, he just simply opened his mouth and undramatically wrapped his lips around the pattern, I gave it a second and simply raised my rod and set the hook! We had him!

As I looked at him in the net I realized this was not another rainbow, not a brown or brookie! Turns out this is an ARCTIC CHAR that swam up 2 miles from Dillon Res. (My fly shop buddy, who helped catch a hundred of these for the recent study they did here, identified it for me. He knows a Char better than anyone I bet.)

More info on the famous Dillon Arctic Char:
    Arctic char in Dillon Reservoir could enhance lake as top fishing destination | SummitDaily.com

"The reservoir is the only public fishery in the lower 48 states outside of Maine where anglers have a chance of landing the prized fish"

Trolling Pensacola Beach with friends and some King Mackerel.

got the late invite for a main fk o salmon trip, but mom had already booked her flight out to visit so a couple nights @ the jackson lake lodge was gonna replace that op.
    started well stopped by willard fri morn pegged the biggest rubber mouthed poopfish of the summer easily a couple inches hanging over each side of the 34" beam of the sup.
    My ma broke her femur/hip gardening a year ago, has had a tough healing process, sold her house moved into assisted living, and has had a bit of a hard time dealing w/ it all.
    she'd never floated a river and was super apprehensive about being able to get in the boat.
    the wife n I made it happen and she really enjoyed the damn to pacific float, got a few slutties snake rv cutties to eat the streamer and plenty of fish rising
    Ran into ubermag and salt of the earth nice guy schwerty and his awesome wife and kids.
    pictures of his youngen manning the sticks of that sweet stealth craft family floatmobile
    my mrs. rowing mom, me suppin up the cuts
    cutties, otters ,mooses, elk, fish catching bald eagles, huckleberry shakes,zonkers stout, teton peaks, first light on a steaming river, and my personal fav of an awesome seven layer scumline
    are all available for veiwing @ bottom of the snake river.com
    made a valiant sunrise, 40sumthin degree, swim for it but what i was hopin was 2-3' ended up being 4'-5
    after breakin out the dun fucked up bag for a change of clothes
    spent an hour or two rowing laps searchin spotted a few castmasters silver phobes and a orange/brown spotted crocodile till it clouded up n toasted vis., but led to a productive streamer bite.
    ifin you do happen to row up towards the damn bout where the metal guard rails start bout mid river and see a camo nikon AW120
    net er up for hudge reward
    trying to convince the better 1/2 i need to go back up this weekend for a sar mission and a nights camp on the south fk
    damn good to see ya and meet your fam. i still wanna row that sweet boat sumtime

Fishing has been heating up in Little Narragansett Bay, Long Island Sound, Watch Hill reef, and the Pawcatuck River estuary. Brought the first striper of the year on deck last night. It hasn't been a great season for stripers, but I think that may be changing real soon. Tons of baitfish in the water.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    got the late invite for a main fk o salmon trip, but mom had already booked her flight out to visit so a couple nights @ the jackson lake lodge was gonna replace that op.
    started well stopped by willard fri morn pegged the biggest rubber mouthed poopfish of the summer easily a couple inches hanging over each side of the 34" beam of the sup.
    My ma broke her femur/hip gardening a year ago, has had a tough healing process, sold her house moved into assisted living, and has had a bit of a hard time dealing w/ it all.
    she'd never floated a river and was super apprehensive about being able to get in the boat.
    the wife n I made it happen and she really enjoyed the damn to pacific float, got a few slutties snake rv cutties to eat the streamer and plenty of fish rising
    Ran into ubermag and salt of the earth nice guy schwerty and his awesome wife and kids.
    pictures of his youngen manning the sticks of that sweet stealth craft family floatmobile
    my mrs. rowing mom, me suppin up the cuts
    cutties, otters ,mooses, elk, fish catching bald eagles, huckleberry shakes,zonkers stout, teton peaks, first light on a steaming river, and my personal fav of an awesome seven layer scumline
    are all available for veiwing @ bottom of the snake river.com
    made a valiant sunrise, 40sumthin degree, swim for it but what i was hopin was 2-3' ended up being 4'-5
    after breakin out the dun fucked up bag for a change of clothes
    spent an hour or two rowing laps searchin spotted a few castmasters silver phobes and a orange/brown spotted crocodile till it clouded up n toasted vis., but led to a productive streamer bite.
    ifin you do happen to row up towards the damn bout where the metal guard rails start bout mid river and see a camo nikon AW120
    net er up for hudge reward
    trying to convince the better 1/2 i need to go back up this weekend for a sar mission and a nights camp on the south fk
    damn good to see ya and meet your fam. i still wanna row that sweet boat sumtime
    Hey Dibs,

Great to see ya! Sorry we couldn't hang longer. Your Mom is a sweet woman! (Wife too!). Thx for the shuttle. That was about to suck with two cranky kids!

sall good stoked to see ya
    cept the fumblefuckin of the camera it was stellar
    my ma's like "what a nice young man w/ such a nice family and boat" with her special look of where's my grandkids in her eyes.
    got 63 yesterday

the rotenone gets em
    phase 2 of this project
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56...-mill.html.csp
    phase 1 of the upper section went well and restocking will happen next month
    the anti rotenone is adminstered w/ a purp dye below the phase 2 area