Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Anyone in the Jackson area wanna do some fishing this weekend? I may be looking to fill a spot in the boat, I'll be up there Fri - Sun.

Its been a good, but busy, summer! I've gotten the chance to teach my brother how to fly fish while taking him on his first backpacking trip (we threw a college visit in to CU as well). A few weeks later, got my dad and father in law out on the Ark. Can't wait to get the GABF over with so I can hit the water more.

Took Mini Me out for his first float, 2 days shy of 6 months old.

Dog was there, too.

A line was wetted, briefly.

Here is a fish from a different day.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the careless underoos african dudes
    gonna win the damn thing again reguardless
    fkna dad
    kinda shit that'ed make a bum consider procreation
    my ma gives ya a

headed up for the green one fly
    hopes i draw sum decent sticks
    after the 1st years a/b with mormon never evers
    ive been blessed
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This is Spencer. Super nice guy who came down from Seattle to do a little fishing in UT. I didn't feel comfortable asking how but Spencer got injured while fighting for our country. I spent the morning teaching him and some of his friends how to fly fish as part of the Wounded Warriors program. Spencer had never fished before but by the end of the morning he had his reach cast down and was getting fish to rise for dry flies. It was a very rewarding morning, I'm pretty psyched I got to spend some time with these guys.

^ Cool, very cool.

Good on ya!!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

got into some WY cutties with snapt

Some stoke for ya guys. Spent the morning with my dad out at the Hanford Reach on the Columbia River. Chinook salmon season in full swing now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1411249715.250225.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	716.6 KB 
ID:	158383

Ended up with five takedowns and we boated three of them with the biggest just over 14 pounds. (New barbless hook rules making things interesting)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1411249951.701458.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	158384

Not bad for a days work

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1411249989.333208.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	158385

Nice day out, a few bites on live shrimp under a popping cork by the docks east of Shoreline but no hook ups. Headed over to Sikes bridge and the wind and waves were howling. Decided to beach at Naval Live Oak Preserve and do a some surf fishing, found a nice hole where there were lots of bites, one stolen lure but not much else. Tomorrow time for the Gulf and aiming for Mahi, Grouper, and Spanish King Macks.

I havent done much fishing this year but have pulled in some gooders ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...297b1f989cdc68
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Water was blown out but these ladies made this the best day yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

This is Spencer. Super nice guy who came down from Seattle to do a little fishing in UT. I didn't feel comfortable asking how but Spencer got injured while fighting for our country. I spent the morning teaching him and some of his friends how to fly fish as part of the Wounded Warriors program. Spencer had never fished before but by the end of the morning he had his reach cast down and was getting fish to rise for dry flies. It was a very rewarding morning, I'm pretty psyched I got to spend some time with these guys.
    always heard

aint to sure bout guidin/teachin others for profit and probably not enough to offset the lets go w/
    apres fishing activties of a less than healthy lifestyle
    but doin it for the luvs of the sport and helpin others is mega bonuses on the "shorter of breath day closer to death" clock.
    strong work
    got me a new pointer chuter and hit the road
    fished a few days w/ the pops so he could decide what his one fly to rule em all would be would be this year.

the hippie stomper was gettin eatin pretty well

this little piggie ate fat alberts

b floated well guess i just missed a mag cause there was a change 4 a nickles callin card on the pops ride at cowboy.
    the road cats graded er out and labor days alluvial fan flow made it a better take out than it ever was before.
    next day floated from

the other 1/2 of the high country team w/ an old montucky guide and TU stalwart who is and has been crucial to the continued success of this event

fished tougher but stunning fall day
    heres what the super vivid button on the powershot d20 getsya

plenty of puesdos a few spinners and some sedge caddis and hoppers on the banks
    but couldn't by an eat till 11:00ish although the bobber watchers were whackin em good
    finally turned on and from secret rif 2 divin board was $$

was really hopin to draw the hyde cats and row a nice new shinnies boat stead of the aged hog

ende up w/ a happy valley homebuilder team who had won it a few years ago
    their industry ringer's a falcon ledge stud, hell of a tyer, and good stick, the other guy had voli rowed it a few years
    so they knew what they wanted to do to b in it 2 win it
    the weather guessers been callin for weather all week and the morn dawned w/ some clouds n sprinkles

my dudes decided to both fish the same fly and Neil # 1 & Neil#2 would be the chosen ones they tied up the night before

havin good sticks ,who wanted to get out of the boat and stalk em ment a much easier day than rowin soft hackle laps all day

although runnin tween the two nettin and measurin kept me busy
    the way the scoring works is you can measure 2 fish @ a point an inch and every others a point.
    so havin 4 fish tween 17- 19 measured and a 1/2 dozen dinks a piece fore noon and cottonwood camp boded well.
    boys lit em up pretty well round grasshopper isle.
    cool standing up above whatchin a big ole brown come up from the depths hover turn follow it down stream for a few yards then
    EAT IT

bows were diggin on Neil too

hit red creek bout 3 w/ 2 hours left on the clock
    had em rub the buddhas head and they got out n hammerfished ftw
    travis highsticked pocket water a good 10 and jed a 1/2 dozen
    most were dinker doodles
    but a nice bow, and a 20" brownie from j gave em 5 big fish boner points
    point shoot

and
    wait until next fish

foul hookers don't count and negative bonus points if it's the guide

thankfully the 1 flies a single barbless and these cats had played the embeded in flesh game before
    no blood no foul keep calm and fish on

Neil # 2 got crackered off bout 4:57 for an extra hundy the boat can buy a single muligan and replace your fly
    which they had but didn't bother for 3 minutes
    dudes had a damn good day rackin up a good 120 sumthin puntos
    The "A" fished super tough but Spence and the other dude held their own racked enough to give em the win by 13.
    T finished w/ 22 which gave him most fish hardware
    and interesting enough the cabelos ringer and arguably one of the best sticks in the usa, who usually takes that title,
    won quickest loser donating his chosen one to the river goods an hour in
    our boat was high boat so i gots me some fodder for he fishin room wall

i'd like to tell ya other than pickin good sticks out of the hat, a bunch of oar strokes and some spotting and nettin
    my skills made it happen
    but it's more like what wesley told woody after he done dunked
    "Billy the sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

That was us down on "C", the county did a very nice job on the ramp. smooth, very smooth. Yaby
    carpe diem vita brevis

fish well down there for ya bum?
    did pretty good from ix - cowboy
    them monsoonial gully washers got some power

thought about hangin out down there the rest of the weekend
    but shook off after effects of the open bar deposited the prime ribs kids in the pool brewed a lame ass puckgangs wolf brand mini carafe of joe
    and managed to hit the road by 4 wake n bake ish .
    a little bumper bambis put a new crack in the fender and nuff hair for a fly or 2
    headed N and rolled into slate creek sun up

threw the mnt bike in the back where the furkid ussually rides and got my float on

went 0 fer 3 or 4 on the first few eats
    but pegged a nice cutties

lot o veggie crap on top and suspended so thrown big ole double hookered articulatedsexybuttmonkies was gonna lead to moss pickin stead of chuckin and swingin the 2hander less than optimal
    plenty of dinks rising and quite a few willing to eat the circus peanuts

caught a snagle jaw bow gotta believe he may of eatin a rapala at some point cause it'd seem hard to mangle a mouth that bad w/ a single hook

gettin em to eat the streamer pretty good despite the bright sun
    a gourgie windless wyo day ment ya could line the drifty up all sweepboat stylie

jump up on the overpriced beverage container that doubles as a castin platform and seat
    and hope ya didn't hook a dink at the top of the run
    hit hayfarm bout 2 and realized the shuttle bikes got a flat tire and pumps in the truck
    fuck it them windless wyo days are rare nuff
    float on down to lombard and hope the thumbs out karmas there
    nuttin like a junkie justifin a fix like exercising a pig

thanks for enablin maybe hook up again sumtime

had some holy hogzilla follows and one i totally wiffed on right next to the boat
    gots em pretty good through there
    no brownies though
    in fast water and deeper slower seams

12 hours and 20 sum river miles later

the look where your failure to control your addictions got ya now son point
    karmas a funny thing and hopin 3 days of rowin or all the hitchikers youve stop for will make the power of thumbs up down the road shuffle work despite lookin like a bum
    few hours later and bout 8 miles or so cursing wading sandals and once again questioning the wisdom of lifestyle choices
    a few cats headin south spun around habued my ass
    a few beers, a spliff and a 1/2 a pack of smokes and a few $$$ for the tank small price to pay for what was beginin to look like a real latenighter gots the boat out n back fore midnight and was out the minute i hit the pacos pads
    woke late and whupped

headed back to hayfarm bout 8
    wasn't long for

and i remember what brown does 4 me
    cloudy day had em whackin the junk well
    no into the backin dragger but a lot of nice slutty cutties n bows

windoyming conditions kicked in
    and yesterdays easy drive by shooter conditions became boat spinnin aggravation and needin to push frog water
    started pouring pretty well bout 2 w/ a mile left
    got one more nice brownie

but fuck it fueled the shuttle

and made it home fore dark
    damn good fish pursuing road trip
    5th year workin the comp for me always fun
    one of these years schwerty gonna put togather a maggot team
    they raised the price a bit this year and there were only 11 teams
    the $$$ primarily gets spent on combating invasive aquatic species in the west and other local TU projects

[/blog]

looks like a hell of a few days. i gotta start exploring further down below the dam, looks like hogs down low. i'd be into a team next year for sure if that came about.

^^^
    next years earlier aug 27-28
    the mrs. is headin back to help her aunt through surgery the 1st week of oct
    i got a shindig out at 6 lakes the 2-3rd prob hit starvation &
    the green the rest of the week.

You guys are killing it.
    I haven't gotten out nearly as much as I would like. Figures when I had time this past weekend we had 20mph winds.
    Hopefully get some time on some small mountain streams for brookies soon, pike bite is also heating up..

Carry on!

Emmy goes to skifishbum....A+ pics.......

Good work SFB! You're killin' it this year.

Mrs. Schwerty asked if you had any pics from the Snake. The link u put up didn't work. If you have any, can you pm or text me?

the camera and pics are on the bottom of the snake river last seen bout mid river up stream from launch/spots bout somewhere tween the roadwork metal guard rail. bout 4-5' of water
    camo nikon aw120
    been meanin to craiglist a lost n found /reward post or come up for a wetsuit sar mission

Finally had some time to enjoy the fall colors. They're still eating hoppers on the Dream Stream
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411671175619.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	158566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411671197826.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	158567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411671219212.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	158568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1411671249196.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	158569  
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Better act fast, this deal will not last long.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/4677431235.html

This is the Perfect Hunting/Fishing boat. 1860 center console G3 all-welded with 90 Yamaha 2 stroke. Brand new Gas tank, Gas hose, throttle cables. Includes GPS. The 90 Yamaha Power Head was rebuilt 8 months ago and has about 45 hours on it since.
    24 volt, 80 lb thrust Minn Kota Riptide.Stainless Prop.

Custom Made Aluminum 2 piece tower. Lower piece is welded to the front deck and is awesome for sight fishing or sitting or a rod holder. You can put an extension handle on the trolling motor and troll while standing up there.

2nd piece is for hunting and puts your feet approximately 11 feet over the water. I have shot several pigs from up top. It has a swivel seat hole if you want to sit up top. It is very strong and I have had a 270lb dude up there while I was driving.(Do this at your own risk) This is great for hunting in the marsh and bayous.
    Custom dry storage double seat with folding back rest.
    The Magic Tilt Trailer is 2 years old and in like new condition.

If you live in the Slidell area I will also show you how and where to kill all the pigs you want and a few deer also. I will also give you my fishing hot spots. I am moving out of state and will regretfully have to sell this boat. This would be perfect for a father looking to jump right into awesome fishing/hunting trips with his kids or wife. $9900

Got all hammered at the Fly Fishing Film Tour event last night. Then went and fished the river about 11 o'clock all drunk. Chucking streamers and hoping for big browns but got this guy instead on the first 5-6 casts.