Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: '14 NE thread

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    actually i prefer pink. nothing against burke, but i just think the shirt would be better w/o the towns name on it. burke is fucking played as far as mtb goes. i used to own a home there and ride the trails from my back door, biahtch!

rog
    stop preaching shit to me I already know. i'm real close to coming over there and kicking your ass! your internet persona sucks!

north conway.

ride yer heart out for 2 days plus and barely scratch the surface.

rog
    Truth! I've only been up there to ride twice and there's a ton of awesome stuff to see.

You guys looking for bike parks or just flowy trails?

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Truth! I've only been up there to ride twice and there's a ton of awesome stuff to see.

You guys looking for bike parks or just flowy trails?
    imagine they place in fatty mode? all of the steep open rock slabs and whatnot? the 1200-1500 vert climbs and descents at 9 psi?

fkna, as soon as the snow melts........

rog

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    stop preaching shit to me I already know. i'm real close to coming over there and kicking your ass! your internet persona sucks!
    come over, but don't come without a coffee w light milk no sugar, BIAHTCH! still busy mounting skis, but we can talk bikes. surfs gonna be killah zillah tomorrow, btw

rog

Thanks guys. North Conway sounds good. We're more looking to ride flawy single track. The all-day kind. I imagine a google search may result in some decent maps? Looking forward to ride some of these places just outside our normal home range…

North Conway will get you that, and there's some legit gnar as well. I haven't ridden it yet, but I've heard great stuff about the trails in the Mad River Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbikeski View Post
    Thanks guys. North Conway sounds good. We're more looking to ride flawy single track. The all-day kind. I imagine a google search may result in some decent maps? Looking forward to ride some of these places just outside our normal home range…
    you want flo? try bear brook state park in allenstown nh. 10,000 + acres with tons of flow. 20-30 mile loops no prob. my fave spot in all of new england, overall. long flowing trails with minimal junctions. very unlike burke, in a good way

rog

come over, but don't come without a coffee w light milk no sugar, BIAHTCH! still busy mounting skis, but we can talk bikes. surfs gonna be killah zillah tomorrow, btw

rog
    Real men drink it black. I'll be sure to bring the pink shirt too.

Real men drink it black. I'll be sure to bring the pink shirt too.
    K, old man

rog

Clavicle healed. Fuuuuck that took a while. Thank you bone-stimulator, and no I don't mean my wife.

Few months of strengthening and I should be trail riding again, just in time to move to the upper valley of VT. Sickter. [/blog]

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Clavicle healed. Fuuuuck that took a while. Thank you bone-stimulator, and no I don't mean my wife.

Few months of strengthening and I should be trail riding again, just in time to move to the upper valley of VT. Sickter. [/blog]
    Where at exactly?

Somewhere in the vicinity of Hartland/West Windsor. Beyond that can't say 'til we find a house. Pretty stoked. Killington Pass? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Where at exactly?
    when you moving to gods country lil buddy?

rog

tremendous deep snowpack riding this am. holy moly

rog

Well, I think that stuff that looked like fog on my drive home was was actually the ghost of Crusty the Clown floating skyward as he departed for the year. I'm so sad

Rog, good thing you got it this morning cuz that flood watch you're under kinda means that Crusty is is about to abandon your 'hood too.

What a run it was...

amen brother. it's going quick here, but somethin tells me there'll still be plenty o snow here/there. hope i'm wrong cuz i CANNOT WAIT for no snow fatty bike season!!! gots lots of new trail to mark and ride in, and da fatty is the perfect tool for the trade!

twas one hell of a run. bout 4 months of continuous snow riding bliss and 2 months o killer crust.
    peace

rog

Great mixed ride today! Dirt, ice, snow! Right on the edge of being perfect. Several spots 6-7" deep and had to walk it, but other spots were just awesome. Cannot believe how well these tires ride ice. Then to finally ride dirt with small tech parts I was surprised at how well it rode over everything. These fattys are cool!

Great mixed ride today! Dirt, ice, snow! Right on the edge of being perfect. Several spots 6-7" deep and had to walk it, but other spots were just awesome. Cannot believe how well these tires ride ice. Then to finally ride dirt with small tech parts I was surprised at how well it rode over everything. These fattys are cool!
    the surfboard won this am, however i did ride the fatty on dirt/unplowed snowy camp roads to check the surf at 1st light.

glad you got out. the fattys really shine in mixed conditions and tech. still a bunch of snow here in the woods, but it's goin fast!

rog

Yeah I finally got my Fatboy out on dirt last week, it had only seen snow since I got it, and decided that my other bikes may not see much use in the near future. I think it fits my preferred riding "style" pretty well. In other words, it's a ball going slow and eating up techy stuff and has just enough fast in it for me. There is obviously the right tool for the job thing and there will be places the fatty is the wrong tool but maybe, just maybe, slowing down and smelling the roses is the call for this year. It should also make my daughter happy if she is faster than me because she's riding her lightweight FS bike

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah I finally got my Fatboy out on dirt last week, it had only seen snow since I got it, and decided that my other bikes may not see much use in the near future. I think it fits my preferred riding "style" pretty well. In other words, it's a ball going slow and eating up techy stuff and has just enough fast in it for me. There is obviously the right tool for the job thing and there will be places the fatty is the wrong tool but maybe, just maybe, slowing down and smelling the roses is the call for this year. It should also make my daughter happy if she is faster than me because she's riding her lightweight FS bike
    totally^^^^^all that. when ya been ridin fer decades, ya gotta mix it up. my fatty makes me smile more in all conditions and allows me to ride more conditions, more tech, with more comfort and control.

enjoy the dirt!

rog

the surfboard won this am

rog
    ? My kid grabbed the paddleboard for a little session just to get on the water. It was small.

The mile of so of road riding I have to do is pretty crazy with the fatty! I have to counter steer going around corners otherwise it just turns the bars right over. Obviously that has to do with tire pressure. Another thing I've learned is to stay off the bars when going thru deep snow. I would try to adjust if I was pulled one way or the other and then end up over-adjusting. Was a vicious circle! Now I just get the rpms cranking and barely hold the bars and surprisingly can cruise thru some sloppy mank pretty well. I'm evolving as a fatbiker

? My kid grabbed the paddleboard for a little session just to get on the water. It was small.
    yesterday and today were quite a bit bigger tomorrow is looking up as well.

I'm evolving as a fatbiker

rog

SJ - Evolution must be overrated Just look around you. People are getting dumber every day.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    SJ - Evolution must be overrated Just look around you. People are getting dumber every day.
    Ha! Yeah, but any non-biker watching me push my bike thru the snow today would think I'm the dumb one!

This section was good and rideable.

This section not so much.

This is a new roller line that is just fun and it was dry! Hard to see it...but it's there!

The views...and some F16 or whatever crazy jets were ripping around today. Didn't snag a pic of those.

snow!

rog