Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: '14 NE thread

^^^So did those two (QB and KT) make up and get back in bed together? Did the younger Quaros wisen up or did Dad figure out son was pooping the bed and got rid of him?

Also, news flash: Night Ide is a rad dude.

'14 NE thread

Anyone ridden all of the Massachusetts Midstate Trail? I know there are detours around some areas that are closed to bikes, but I'm trying to figure out how to make it as continuous as possible. Will be giving it a go next week when all this rain ends

Just as an FYI to Upper Valley folk, B-lot was blown today and is riding very very well. Like always, hit me up if you want a tour.

STAB was also damn fun yesterday, albeit a bit leafy. Think I heard Buttah blasting the tunes a couple times during the ride, but never connected during the ride. Hope you guys had a good ride out there.

way dryer than i thought it would be!
    good to see you again, A.
    Boston Lot is incredible, huge shout-out to the crew at Mason Racing!
    it's like five minutes from 89, and it just might be the best riding in NH.
    it's that good!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    it's like five minutes from 89, and it just might be the best riding in NH.
    !
    fuck that, kook

Came up behind two hunders placing a big log across the trail. They didn't see me until I bumped into it with my front tire and it cracked. They turned around and I asked 'what's the purpose of this?' The one guy mumbles something and turns his back to continue walking away. I said, 'excuse me?' Nothing. I just rode off. Hunters = douchebags.

Wicked ride at HP had some great weather yesterday, there was like 30 minutes of rain at one point but didn't seem to bother many people. I was helping out at the JRA tent handing out raffle tickets, must've been a few hundred people that came through, wish I hadn't been helping and could've had a chance to win the $1000 gift card. Yes, for serious, they had a free drawing for showing up for the ride to win a $1000 gift card.

finished the new addition. mtn biking is just fun
    shitty phone pic

OneMileField mowed. My new girl in the foreground. Her name is Maybell (yes, two Ls) and she's a bad bitch. Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow for a nice long day out either in Ascutney or Pittsfield. No snow yet, right?

Saw some flakes mixed with the rain at ~1,600'. Leaves on the steep stuff are treacherous, but the blown trails are the best they've been all year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141101_115716.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	483.2 KB 
ID:	159757  

Northfield is leaf-blown...

this fall wx continues to blow the mind. this am was tasty in the woods. still no heavy layers or winter gloves needed yet.

the mild streak should continue.....

Closing day at creek started out cold and windy. A steady uphill wind made for slow riding on the flow trails and clearing many of the jumps/drops on the upper part of the mtn difficult, but the soil was tacky and ripping the backside of the mtn was fun.

Whip off

Sent the train in some spanex

Final run le mans style craziness
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

few more 10ths raked today. progress.

Anyone got any beta/best trail/directional stuff for Pittsfield SF? Will find myself up there with a bike this Friday.

The map from the state doesn't look bad, but doesn't really give any idea of what might be better directions to hit things.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I need some vacuum cups/mounts like the ones that Seasucker sells. I don't mind so much the idea of buying from them but these are industrial tools that they are buying from somebody then adding a mount. I can make my own mount so all I need is the cups with the vacuum assembly. Any idea where to get them at true wholesale? They seem to be the same thing used in warehouses for lifting and sometimes as rope anchors on boats.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Anyone got any beta/best trail/directional stuff for Pittsfield SF? Will find myself up there with a bike this Friday.

The map from the state doesn't look bad, but doesn't really give any idea of what might be better directions to hit things.
    If no one here can help, post over on MTBR in the Mass forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah! View Post
    If no one here can help, post over on MTBR in the Mass forum.
    Yeah, I've already read the reviews there. Grabbed the map copy from the state. Will poke around some more.

No worries. Exploring and getting lost is good for the soul.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

anyone know if theres a good place to get cheap firewood near highland? We're thinking about camping this weekend but figure we'll need a good fire going at night and in the morning with sub 30 degree temps and don't want to get fucked over with $8 gas station logs or bring in bugs from out of state.

also might be up at highland this weekend if anyone else is around

Well, don't take fire from the lumber pile, that'll get you bad karma quickly. I usually have crashed other people's fires or had friends bring wood; I don't think it'll be $8.

Basically I have nothing to contribute here but jealousy. Shred on!

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Well, don't take fire from the lumber pile, that'll get you bad karma quickly. I usually have crashed other people's fires or had friends bring wood; I don't think it'll be $8.

Basically I have nothing to contribute here but jealousy. Shred on!
    yeah, was hoping there was some dude that chopped wood and sold it from the front of his driveway or something close by. Could make pretty good money doing that with all the campers there.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    yeah, was hoping there was some dude that chopped wood and sold it from the front of his driveway or something close by. Could make pretty good money doing that with all the campers there.
    And here i thot you were kidding. Well there's LOTS of woods in central nh with lots of trees. Dead ones too. Branches for kindling. I'm sure you can supply yourself with plenty in about as much time as it takes to take a shit in the woods.

Dayum, another perfect dirt morning in the books. Leaves are packing in super well. Two of us on fatties grinding and churning them in. No raking needed, but more trail being added.

anyone else get out today?

^raking is always mo betta! Nice and tacky is the way...kook!

SHP last night was fun. Leaves are sketch on downhill corners, but also makes it more fun. Riding around in the dark on trails not blown or raked is a bit crazy especially over there with all the cutting that took place. No clue where we were half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    ^raking is always mo betta! Nice and tacky is the way...kook!

SHP last night was fun. Leaves are sketch on downhill corners, but also makes it more fun. Riding around in the dark on trails not blown or raked is a bit crazy especially over there with all the cutting that took place. No clue where we were half the time.
    Raking=certainty. There's no adventure in certainty. KOOK!

come ride my shit, biatch.

'14 NE thread

time to ski
    Last edited by vailszendrei; 11-10-2014 at 09:56 AM.