Second ACL Surgery on Same Knee Return to Snowboarding?

Hi All,

I just got bad news that I retore the ACL my surgically repaired left knee that had a hamstring autograft. I'm using a patellar graft from the same knee for my revision surgery. Any experiences returning to snowboarding after a similar situation? I was fine the first time snowboarding (re-tore it playing basketball). Please let me know, I'm 21 years old and don't want to stop doing what I love.

get one of those bad ass knee braces once you are back?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

spook Guest
    quit playing basketball

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    quit playing basketball
    Yeah, I switched to mellow mtn biking from basketball.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

spook Guest
    my other karmic punishment for not answering the phone and getting out of bed early was from the pics, missing the best run of my life. AND pummeling my arthritic/reconstructed acl knee into oblivion in chopped up pow. just got the second steroid/painkiller injection in 10 months and should be good to go in a couple days but i've eliminated all other impact sports and trekking/hiking until my son is old enough to do it. swim and yoga and that's it. and i feel like i'm getting strong in places i haven't been strong in many years. a lot of life management is breathing and staying flexible. and traveling light. swimming and yoga are great for training those things. but you're 21. i'm 47. i tore my acl at 24 and didn't get it fixed until 29 and beat the shit out of it before and after and now have little meniscus, bone spurs and arthritis and am doing everything possible put off a knee replacement as far as possible. maybe they'll better than the original by then.