Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    a lot of tough travelling this march.

Crazy! Congrats to Greg! Very inspiring!

About his setup.. Who can say what bindings these are?

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    Wow

Given how many avalanches there have been this season, seeing someone do that and be fine says a lot for good decision making and still having fun.

And he skis like a boss too!
    If I remember correctly, LeeLau posted something from Greg's blog to Facebook about making some questionable decisions regarding safe travel, triggering a slide and getting lucky (shit happens), but I wonder how much the goal influenced almost killing himself and his partners. The part that struck me wasn't so much that he made a bad decision and got away with it, because that happens to everyone who has been out in the backcountry, but more that rather than shutting it down for the day in the name of safety, he trudged on to bag his daily quota and that seems a bit insane to me. My guess is the marketing douches put so much pressure and incentive on him to get shit done that he's just out there with blinders on.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

on a side note, I would imagine salomon could make a hell of a tech binder... Based solely on their domination of the nordic market, SNS pilots are awesome
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    If I remember correctly, LeeLau posted something from Greg's blog to Facebook about making some questionable decisions regarding safe travel, triggering a slide and getting lucky (shit happens), but I wonder how much the goal influenced almost killing himself and his partners. The part that struck me wasn't so much that he made a bad decision and got away with it, because that happens to everyone who has been out in the backcountry, but more that rather than shutting it down for the day in the name of safety, he trudged on to bag his daily quota and that seems a bit insane to me. My guess is the marketing douches put so much pressure and incentive on him to get shit done that he's just out there with blinders on.
    FWIW I read that spiel as him being "lazy" & putting the up track in a bad spot considering the conditions, when the usual ascent was safer. He realised he should have gone the usual way even though it made it harder to do multiple laps. If you've ever been up & seen the area he was referring to it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Crazy! Congrats to Greg! Very inspiring!

About his setup.. Who can say what bindings these are?
    Look like speed superlites (dyna)
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man