Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    2 ez

rog

Taugh him everthin he noes, ayup.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    whereas Mr Hill and his sponsors are clearly attempting to milk maximum commercial benefit out of a proposed feat, that seems only to be undertaken for said benefit.
    I'll agree in as far as I think he's a bit nuts, but that's probably just my jealousy talking.

But I would suggest to you that maybe Greg Hill acquired those sponsors so he could do what his passion was BEFORE he had those sponsors and not have to work a 9-5 to fund his life and family. I'm not sure if that makes it any better or not, but I guess my point is that I highly doubt Hill gives a fuck about Solomon and just wants to climb and ski mountains by whatever means necessary. That sounds like passion to me.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ... my point is that I highly doubt Hill gives a fuck about Solomon and just wants to climb and ski mountains by whatever means necessary. That sounds like passion to me.
    ^^^This. My thoughts stray to the words of Carl Sagan at this point. Mere weeks before his passing, Sagan wrote about life and implored us to be grateful for everyday, for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. Could it be that Mr. Hill is just stoked on life and skiing and wants to take advantage of the wondrous opportunity before him?

Hugh Conway Guest
    I'm not sure if that makes it any better or not, but I guess my point is that I highly doubt Hill gives a fuck about Solomon and just wants to climb and ski mountains by whatever means necessary. That sounds like passion to me.
    Oh dear. TGR forums most definitely assured me this wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Oh dear. TGR forums most definitely assured me this wasn't the case.
    OK... maybe I'm not up to date. Just my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Greg's Cousin is my next door neighbor, his brother visits often, I will ask about eating sticks of butter for you guys…..

Haha

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKuc658vOmM#
    Last edited by Gripen; 02-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

I do the stair master for 3 times a week for 25 minutes, and drink .25 gallons of Gatorade per session. That's 3 gallons of Gatorade in 31 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Hemsley View Post
    I do the stair master for 3 times a week for 25 minutes, and drink .25 gallons of Gatorade per session. That's 3 gallons of Gatorade in 31 days.
    I'm going to be impressed until you millennium club (1000 oz in one hour) Gatorade, without a bathroom break.

Edit: That's almost 8 gallons in 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    lolz... I didn't understand any of that... but I guess that's probably because I'm approaching 40.

lolz... I didn't understand any of that... but I guess that's probably because I'm approaching 40.
    I meant to post this one.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKuc658vOmM#

But I suck at the interwebs
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

They were both the same and both terrible.

But I'm past 40 and ski like a bat outta hell. We taught those kids how to party.

I still give lesson but it's costly.

Greg's brother, Graham, is the original tree-hugger.

https://www.ted.com/speakers/graham_hill.html

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    on the promo video it looks like he might not be using a salomon guardian binding I wonder if it is old dynafit stock, or very new salomon stuff
    +1 the skis and boots are already out there but this sounds like a really good way to promote their tech binding.. Plus he said he would do it on some wider skis, not rando stuff.. I just hope for Salomon they built a game changer not just another tech binding..

Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    I just hope for Salomon they built just another tech binding, not a complete fucking unmitigated disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    They were both the same and both terrible.

But I'm past 40 and ski like a bat outta hell. We taught those kids how to party.

I still give lesson but it's costly.
    Where is good face palm meme when you need one?

-The Gylfaginning

How much does the new Sally Quest BC Lab ski weight? The white one, I think it's 105ish underfoot and 184cm? Looked interesting in the trade show pics.

Edit: 184cm 115 underfoot 1700g (so 7.5lbs a pair) not bad, wonder how it skis.

I bet I could ski that much vert

At a resort
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

down up or both?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm not saying you should care about my blog about either, but perhaps you can appreciate the difference between the rantings of a passionate enthusiast, and a crafted corporate commercial campaign. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that one might be consistent with the values of this community, and one might not.
    Report back regarding your passionate enthusiasm after you fund 2 million vertical feet climbed & skied as well as keeping a family clothed, fed & under a dry roof on a tree planters salary...
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

I heard he doesn't even like skiing. Just does it for the hookers and blow

seems a bit redundant to me.
    Me too, in a lot of ways.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

If anyone was wondering, Greg pulled it off.

I haven't heard anything till now , I thot maybe Greg Hill had called it off due to conditions ?

very cool!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Wow

Given how many avalanches there have been this season, seeing someone do that and be fine says a lot for good decision making and still having fun.

And he skis like a boss too!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

awe inspiring