How bad is my bunion? and anyone got a Seattle surgeon recommendation?

Too many years of doing sports before getting good orthotics gave me a pretty bad bunion on my right foot. For the past 10-15 years, I've managed it with my orthotics, taping, padding, and getting all of my randonee boots blown out all to hell to make room. Its finally getting so painful that even boots that have had a ton of work still aggravate my foot. Even getting leather mountaineering boots and rock shoes to fit comfortably for summertime activities is next to impossible.
    Wondering if anyone on here has a recommendation for a bunion surgeon in the Seattle area. Also curious if the size of the bunion I've got is comparable to what others have had when they finally opted to have surgery. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	4656 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	150947

You sure it's a bunion and not a cyst? Huge difference in treatment options.

Yup, My current podiatrist has taken xrays a couple times through the years and it's definitely a bunion. Before I opt to have his office do the chopping, I'd like to find a doc who comes recommended from someone who's been worked on.

Don't have a rec for you other than this, do not have a run of the mill/everyday podiatrist operate on you, period.

Find yourself a orthopedic surgeon who focuses on feet.

Learned this the hard way.

^^^ Agreed. I'm in Spoko; dr. Duncan comes highly recommended.

diy with angle grinder !!!

wot could possibly go wrong ...

make sure to gopro that shit ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

that is impressive.

although I can't see the xrays, i will say get the bone re-aligned none of this shaving crap. it means you will be out for several months, but the long term results will be much better.

there are good podiatrists and good ortho foot docs. I don't think pod/orthopod training should be your deciding factor.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

yeah, my current doc said that if I opted for surgery, they'll take a pie-wedge of bone out to realign my big toe in addition to cutting off the bunion. Figured I'd get it done late summer so i can recover through the fall and hopefully be back in ski boots by Nov/Dec

Your toe alignment seems identical for the right and left foot. Are you sure shaving wont work over the pie sectioning surgery?