Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    So, about those CO demo days...

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    One more thing...Colorado Demos are being scheduled for times in March and April and should have some concrete dates here VERY soon.
    Hoping ya'll make your way down to T-ride/Silverton/DMR/Wolfy so I can get a chance to get on the new stuff. Super stoked for the way ON3P's skis are looking.

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    So, about those CO demo days...
    Hey gaper, search the forum and you will find what you seek.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Hoping ya'll make your way down to T-ride/Silverton/DMR/Wolfy so I can get a chance to get on the new stuff. Super stoked for the way ON3P's skis are looking.
    How about splitting the difference from the Front Range and driving to Monarch?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...March-1st-2014

We actually have a mountaineering ski on the drawing board for David Steele (who took 186cm Tychoon Tours up Denali and for whom the Steeples are named after). It will get built this spring. I don't know if it ever goes to production, as there are lots of options out there already and it really isn't 100% our thing. That said, we are building it to see how it does. Traditional sidecut on it, basically flat tail, shorter, lower tip rocker.
    I will buy this ski. I will bike over to your factory and help you make this ski. I will bring you beer for this ski.

Basically, where do I send the bribe? Guaranteed much testing on PNW volcanoes and feedback as needed.

Bribes...Bribes are good! Still rock'n my Jeffries and love them! Excited to ski the current line-up at Hoodoo next month! :-)
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Final reminder for CO peeps

Saturday 3/1/14 at Monarch
    Sunday 3/2/14 at Loveland

Demo 2014/2015 models...with 12-20" forecasted Thursday thru Monday

I'm late to the ON3P party here. So damn busy with work.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I would have kept the 191cm Wren if people bought it. Sadly...
    I think I need to pick up a pair of 2014 191 Wrenedgades just cause its the last of the breed. My 2012s are still great, but I think they were some of the burliest, straightest Wrens (falt tail with tail rocker or taper). Something a little easier to pivot would be great and still fun in somewhat harder snow.

I find that is anything that isn't super hard, the BG has 90% of the stability of the Wren, and is far more fun when the snow is soft.

I sort of see the Wren as sort of a dying breed of ski as some of the newer, more playful designs get the stability thing right. I've never had a day on a 191cm BG where I felt I wished I was on a Wren.
    I do kinda have to agree with this. Spent the past weekend on 191 Wrenegades and the 186 Billy Goats from one day to the next and my god are the BGs capable. So much better in the trees and at least 80% of the hard snow performance. They don't charge the wide open stuff as well, but they are still really really good. I've actually been spending more time on the BGs as compared to the C&Ds they are that good (although comparing to older heavy proto C&Ds).

That being said I think the 186 Wrenegade 102 is going to be awesome. Definitely going to be picking up a pair for harder snow days and the sh*t-f*ck conditions. I do think the Wrenegade 112 (or old Wrenegade) is perhaps a bit too close to the Billy Goat considering how damn good those skis are.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    That being said I think the 186 Wrenegade 102 is going to be awesome. Definitely going to be picking up a pair for harder snow days and the sh*t-f*ck conditions.
    They ARE awesome...and that is exactly what I am getting a pair for, too.

I wouldn't discount the Wren 112 186, though. The ski was still able to charge but a little easier to manage than the 191 has been for 90% of the skiing population. I know everyone on TGR needs the "longest, straightest, stiffest, midget slayer!!!!!" ski out there, but they should at least try the new model before passing judgement .

They ARE awesome...and that is exactly what I am getting a pair for, too.

I wouldn't discount the Wren 112 186, though. The ski was still able to charge but a little easier to manage than the 191 has been for 90% of the skiing population. I know everyone on TGR needs the "longest, straightest, stiffest, midget slayer!!!!!" ski out there, but they should at least try the new model before passing judgement .
    The 102 Wren sounds killer... However, I am with wren on this one as the 112 should also come in a 191/192 length... I still get out on my 191 Wrens and that ski is the absolute best charger that I have been on that I think is relatively easy to ski for what it can do... To me it is not a demanding ski at all and just flat out gets it done... I know Scott and team have to draw the line a bit, but to me it should be offered in a 185/186 and a 191/192 length... The only thing I did not like the ski in at all was the trees, it was a handful when I got in there... But now that is what my 191 Billys are for when I get them out...

So wish I had a need for it, but gawd do I dig the C&D...!

Ya I know, I want the 191 for totally unnecessary reasons. I'm trying to remember back to about this time 2007 (holy crap it's been a long time) dreaming up designs for this ski and I'm pretty sure I requested a full twin, 188cm 139/111/124 ski. The new 186cm with its half-twin probably has a longer running length than that, and probably the same as the original full-twin 191, of which I never had a complaint.

I really want to get out on some of the new stuff. Gotta decide what the 2nd new pair to join the quiver is going to be.

Not saying the 191 isn't a good ski to have, just saying that for years a lot of folks have requested something in between the 181 and 191..so the 186 was born (with a tighter radius, yes).

So trying to fit the bill for everyone gets tough sometimes.

Now that I've put down my lighter after the video from the last post , here's some thoughts from the Loveland demo day:

I enjoyed trying the new models and chatting it up. There was definitely much interest from the skiers and a line waiting in the morning. Here's the ones I rode:

183 Cease and Desist - what I ended up spending the most time on. I lost 25 lbs since last season and have been contemplating downsizing (I have the 193s before the tour layup). The new version is money - not only is it lighter weight due to more carbon, you get some longer effective edge to make the necessary groomed/on-piste areas more enjoyable. They still pivot on a dime and taking them into the trees is so much fun. At the end of the day, I took them back out for a couple of runs off the Ridge and they ate it up.

186 Kartel 98 - this was a popular model with a lot of the skiers. Didn't have any wow moments riding it but didn't have any disappointments either.

181 Jeffrey 122 - I didn't realize it before I tried that this is the updated Caylor. I tried it because I was waiting on the Steeple and Wren to come back. I took my first run and thought "hmm, wasn't expecting it to be this good" so I went back to lift 8 to test it in the now getting chopped up pow and trees. It passed with flying colors! I was surprised to be on a ski that made me reconsider my love affair with the 183 C&Ds. It flew through the chop, being amazingly stable straight-lining. The best part is that it will pivot close to the C&Ds yet have more effective edge so you can rail the hardpack. This ski is stiffer than the vast majority of ones in its class. I prefer my noodles for dinner, not under my feet

184 Steeple 102 - This ski features the RES in the tip and a pin-tail shape. I loved riding around and got a kick out of how easily the tips moved about. It was simple to maneuver and decently stiff, so felt very comfortable. Want to try the 112.

185 Wren 112 - This ski hauls! I was worried about some of the concern over the change in specs but never feltl cheated when riding. In fact, it was easier to maneuver compared to the prior version that I took it to the trees off lift 6 and had no problems negotiating around them. It goes plenty fast. I'm eventually going to replace the Tychoon with either a Steeple or Wren for the non-deep days/front side fun - it isn't going to be easy to decide, but if I had to pick now, I'd go with the Wren.

A well-run demo - thanks guys! Hope there's another one in April.

^^^ Thanks for the feedback, nomadpat! Glad you enjoyed.

We will be back at LL on April 5th

More demo days coming up.

Saturday, April 5th @ Loveland.

Saturday, April 12th @ Alta.

We are trying to schedule Sunday, April 13th somewhere else in Utah, though nothing is set as of yet.

Saturday & Sunday, April 19th & 20th @ Whistler.

Hope some more people are able to make it out and try some skis.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

When you coming to Tahoe?

Fuck yeah! I just moved to Denver so the Apr 5th Loveland date is perfect. Gonna get my first taste of weekend I70 traffic oh boy!

Not until next year it looks like.

How does the flex of the Steeple 112 compare to the BG. Close to that of the tour?

I caught the last demo @ Loveland and skied the 114 Jeffery later in the day and deep chopped up snow.
    Very impressive, burly ski. Absolutely plowed through the crud. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I caught the last demo @ Loveland and skied the 114 Jeffery later in the day and deep chopped up snow.
    Very impressive, burly ski. Absolutely plowed through the crud. Check it out.
    I would be BIG time interested in this ski if they made it in sizes that werent for midgets... So wish this ski was made in a 190 something...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I would be BIG time interested in this ski if they made it in sizes that werent for midgets... So wish this ski was made in a 190 something...
    We've talked about a 191cm a bit. We just get really limited levels of interest in it to be honest. Maybe we will bring it on board for 15/16.

Iggy I completely get it and have several of your boards including your Unicorns with extra carbon... I am in the minority at 6'4" and 210 and am rocking the 191 Billy and Wrens... 186 is just to short for me and would love the Jeffrey 114 in 191 if the demand was there...

I need a stiffer Tycoon. I liked the last years model but when i pushed it hard they would get all flappy tips on me, not that it was a problem. The skis preformed well and even shined in the late season corny bumps.

I looooove my Viciks and would eat the shit out of a scaled down version. Sadly I did not get much time on my 191 BGs but theres always next year.

People often ask me about ON3P and I always tell them enthusiasticly they are my favorites.

Thx for makin such kickazz skis!
    watch out for snakes

122 Jeffrey sounds like a riot, would be nice to have something a bit more playful. How much has it changed over this years Caylor?