Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Are you guys coming through Jackson at all for demos? I really want to try a pair of Kartel 106s. I've been on my BGs for 3 seasons now and they're still my favorite ski.

Quote Originally Posted by HVskier View Post
    Looking for some verification on Kartel 106 sizing....I demoed a pair of 186 at beartooth and loved them but I'm wondering if the 181 would serve me better. I couldn't get my hands on both lengths at the demo. They felt surprisingly quick in the longer length but a buddy demoed the 176 and was surprised with how stable they were in the shorter length. I'm about 6' 150# and don't feel like I need to be on the longest length in the range. I have 186 BG's and my usual daily driver length is around 180 with either full camber or tip rocker. They will be my daily all-mountain ski in Jackson on all but the deeper days, with a bit of park mixed in.
    You certainly have the height for the 186, but being so lightweight, I don't think you would over ski the 181 either. As you are used to skiing skis around 180 w/ full camber or tip rocker only, I suspect effective edge on the 186 K106 is going to be comparable to what you are on. Since you are skiing Jackson, you do have the space to let the skis run a bit more, so I would probably error on the longer side. That said, the difference between the 181 and 186 is fairly small when you get down to it, so if you like one, I think you would like the other. I generally tell people to trust their gut on what length to go, as I can offer a bit of advice, but you know how you ski better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post
    Please please come to Discovery. I'll put your crew up at my bar & inn (Harp Pub) in Anaconda. Serve you copious amounts of tasty MT brew.
    I will let the demo guys know! We will be out there for sure and would be happy to stop by. Small mountain demos are often the most enjoyable, as you get to talk with people a lot more and it isn't just a constant stream of skis in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Do you ever make it to the Canuckistan to show off your goods?
    We made it to Whistler last year, and will be out there again this year. Besides that, I expect to be able to make a few demo days in the interior BC and maybe Alberta , but nothing is official as of yet. Trying to get our demo schedule up by early December.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhall. View Post
    Are you guys coming through Jackson at all for demos? I really want to try a pair of Kartel 106s. I've been on my BGs for 3 seasons now and they're still my favorite ski.
    Glad you are liking the BGs! Jackson is definitely on our wishlist and we will reach out for a demo around late Feb/Early March. That said, a lot of times the larger resorts aren't super receptive of us demoing at their mountains, so we shall see what happens (we've never contacted them about a demo before, so they might be all for it). I know Targhee is also on the list. Hopefully we can make it happen.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I've got a 'Ghee pass too so I can be there for either one! Really want a 186 Kartel 106 as my daily here,

I've got a 'Ghee pass too so I can be there for either one! Really want a 186 Kartel 106 as my daily here,
    I am with you and really looking to some reviews on these... I have 191 Billy, 186 Viciks and first gen 191 Wrens and for whatever reason this ski has my eye BIG time... I am just waiting on some 191s to be built... If you get a chance to get on them please throw up your thoughts...

I haven't skied the Kartels, just fondled at a demo last spring.

They're way jibby-er than BGs, Wrens, Viciks, etc. Not necessarily a bad thing, but they're quite a bit softer, more center mounted, more poppy, less damp, less directional shape. Think wider Jeronimo.

My GF tried them and didn't like them - not damp enough. She's a good skier but not exactly a hard charger. She loved the Jeffrey 114 though, and despite the width they make a great playful everyday ski too. Kartel is you want more of a park ski feel, Jeffrey if you want more of a directional, all-mountain, but still playful feel, Wren if you want traditional directional ski.

That's why I'm more interested in them, I love my BGs and have skied them the most of out any of my skis in the past few years, but I want a more poppy, jibby ski for just crushing the resort.

My gf tried em too this summer at hood, and she loved the 98s, but also comes from a park skiing background.

That's why I'm more interested in them, I love my BGs and have skied them the most of out any of my skis in the past few years, but I want a more poppy, jibby ski for just crushing the resort.

My gf tried em too this summer at hood, and she loved the 98s, but also comes from a park skiing background.
    For what it is worth, my 2 ski quiver (if I had personal skis, which I don't with a demo fleet/protos to pick through), it would be a 191cm BG & 181cm Kartel 106. Definitely different skis, but they both work for me for what I use them for.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    For what it is worth, my 2 ski quiver (if I had personal skis, which I don't with a demo fleet/protos to pick through), it would be a 191cm BG & 181cm Kartel 106. Definitely different skis, but they both work for me for what I use them for.
    For what my opinion is worth:

I currently have 186 Jeffrey 114 as my daily driver, 191 BG as my backcountry, pow ski, and will be on a Wren 112 for a charger ski in early 2015. I would agree that the Kartel series is a little more playful, a little more forgiving, and more "poppy feeling" than some of our other skis...but that does open up our skis to a market and wider range that maybe we were not fully penetrated into (oh yes, penetration). They do not get bucked around, but they are more lively than some of our bigger sticks.

Kartel 106 is the most versatile, do everything ski I feel we have ever made. I am just slightly more portly and that is why I ski the Jeffrey 114 that has a little more beef behind it (same rocker profile as K 106, slightly longer radius in the turn).

If you are looking for a compliment to a bigger, charging type ski to cruise around on, hit the park, and race nastar naked...The Kartel 106 is your best bet (98 for an East Coast skier).
    You should have been here yesterday!

^^^ how would you guys compare the kartel 106 vs last years jeffrey 110?

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    ^^^ how would you guys compare the kartel 106 vs last years jeffrey 110?
    Similar, but with a tighter turn radius (Kartel 106 - 21.5m vs Old Jeffrey 110 - 24.1m @ 181cm) and an updated taper profile in the tip and tail. I like the Kartel 106 more than I like the older, 110 Jeffrey (conversely, the Jeffrey 114 is an improved 110 with small tweaks that made a big difference).

The K106 is a bit more versatile of a ski and whips around faster in trees than the old 110.

Hope that helps.

I got the charger skis covered and am looking for a fun all mountain ski when I am with the kids and the misses... The 106 Kartel in a 191 sounds exactly what I am looking for, but I still want it to be somewhat damp and I dont want to get pushed around... I dont expect it to be a mountain destroyer, but still want it to get after it when I want it to... I would imagine since it is an ON3P it will have a split personality...

And Adrenalated when you say soft what do you mean..?. I am 6'4" and 207 lbs and a soft ski will not work so well... No doubt it will be softer than my 191 Billys and orig Wrens, but I do not want a noodle...

If you are close to a 301 boot sole you are welcome to try mine once I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    And Adrenalated when you say soft what do you mean..?. I am 6'4" and 207 lbs and a soft ski will not work so well... No doubt it will be softer than my 191 Billys and orig Wrens, but I do not want a noodle...
    Definitely not a noodle. Soft.... for an ON3P. So in other words, a nice medium flex, medium - stiff ish underfoot.

any demo days planned for december in SLC?

2014/2015 ON3P Skis (Official Thread) - Discussion and Lust

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    The K106 is a bit more versatile of a ski and whips around faster in trees than the old 110
    interesting point, guess it's a little more turnier and the softer flex also helps!

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    any demo days planned for december in SLC?
    Not that I am aware of, unfortunately.

Colorado Demos planned so far:

December 20th - Loveland
    January 3rd - Loveland
    January 17th - Loveland

I will be adding dates at other resorts if the snow falls (fingers crossed) farther to the South, and for sure once we start demoing the 15/16 line up in February, March, and April.

Powtron, how much overlap do you think there is between the Jeff 114 and the Caylor? Trying to decide between the Kartel 106 and Jeff 114, but I don't want to eliminate my Caylors.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsSki View Post
    Powtron, how much overlap do you think there is between the Jeff 114 and the Caylor? Trying to decide between the Kartel 106 and Jeff 114, but I don't want to eliminate my Caylors.
    They are similar, but obviously the Jeffrey is 8mm narrower under foot and has slightly less rocker in the front, as well as camber underfoot compared to almost flat on the Caylor (I guess it depends on what year Caylor you have). Which Caylors do you ride?

12/13 Caylor

My 12 year old stepson finally had a chance to rock the new last years Vicik's today in some 50 degree man made slush. Serial number 0001 on the 161 rocked for the first time on 12/13/14. I think we have a hard time convincing him to get back on his Nordica's from here out. Second pair of ON3P's in the family and there will be more. My stepson is quite the little artist and he really appreciates the graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsSki View Post
    12/13 Caylor
    Yes, in that case you will notice a difference. The 114 is a much better everyday ski than the Caylor (more pow specific for the reasons I mentioned above).

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Yes, in that case you will notice a difference. The 114 is a much better everyday ski than the Caylor (more pow specific for the reasons I mentioned above).
    Word up, thanks for the info... the kartel 106 still has me intrigued, being 5'6" 145 I'm not necessarily scared of their medium flex, but I love the flex of the caylors and basically used them as my everyday ski last year as I began to hate my nordica soul rider's more and more.

So I picked up some 186 Vicik tours that came with inserts for Dynafit binders. I want to mount some Salomon s914's on them but I am coming up with hole conflict. I can mount at around +1 or -1 and be ok. Which direction should I go and can I go a touch further either way? I am 5'10 and 195 nekkid.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So I picked up some 186 Vicik tours that came with inserts for Dynafit binders. I want to mount some Salomon s914's on them but I am coming up with hole conflict. I can mount at around +1 or -1 and be ok. Which direction should I go and can I go a touch further either way? I am 5'10 and 195 nekkid.
    If it were me; I'd go back. it's a directional ski that is best driven, hard. (That's what she said?) I had a hole conflict when I mounted my 12/13 Viciks with 916 LABs and had to a wee bit back of the line. Same with my 191 Wrens. Both ski great. I wouldn't go much beyond 1 cm either way, but that's just me.

Could you mount the heel piece for a longer BSL and after heel piece adjustment, have the boot center match up with the recommend mount line?