Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, awfully close.
    Not that close. Have you skied it? And did you get to it from the ski area? Just because you park in the same lot doesn't mean it is in bounds

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I don't like suggesting Colorado, because there are many better places to ski.. but I think Colorado might actually be what you are looking for at that time of year.

I would suggest staying in Breck somewhere near main street so the wife has a town to stroll/shop. If there is alot of snow left at that time of year Breck could still be open, but it is unlikely. Take swan mountain road for faster access from Breck to A-basin or Loveland.

It is about a 20 -25 minute ride. Both mountains will be open, and are at high elevation. Rain is almost never an issue, and the spring snow at these mountains is great. Spring snowstorms in Colorado can be DEEP, and the slopes are very uncrowded at that time of year. If it isn't snowing, the corn skiing will be great once the sun warms things up a little.

I prefer A-Basin, but loveland can also be fun. It is much more than you see from the highway.

A-Basin has great steeps and almost everything should be open at that time of year. The East Wall has some of the steepest, and most challenging lines in Colorado. A-Basin only opens the wall if there is a TON of snow, but it should be good to go in April. Shit For Brains (a line on the East Wall) is by far the most gnarly thing I have skied in Summit County.

Only problem with A-Basin is that the beginner terrain is somewhat limited. There is a beginners lift that is pretty lame, and 2 longer / more challenging green runs off of the Black Mountain Express Lift. Besides that, there isn't really any other beginner terrain, but there are a couple of pretty mellow blues from the top of the Lenawee lift.

I never ski loveland so I can not give advice but I do know that there are a couple more greens at loveland than A-Basin probably has. Both mountains are not perfect for beginners to be totally honest.

I'll add that while SFB is a gnarly line the east wall lines really aren't that crazy or challenging in comparison to some other lift served terrain in Colorado. There's a few lines that require a boot pack that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up but they are short, at least the steep part is.

That said East wall is one of my all time favorite and is some of the best lift served terrain up I-70.

Edit: I guess at that time of year it is by far the gnarliest lift served terrain in Colorado.