Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wallowas OR slide 2.11.14

Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Damn. Too many of these today. RIP.

Better link: http://www.kgw.com/news/Two-backcoun...245050981.html

Edit: link broke, new link
    Last edited by wildmanwillie; 02-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Just saw this in the headlines. RIP to the deceased, and condolences to family and friends of all involved.

Please be careful out there, everyone.

Found out this morning a couple friends of my sisters were in the group, one of which I've skied with before. One of their friends didn't make it, as well as one of the guides from what I hear.

This one hits too close to home.

RIP.

Damn.

I guy I work with is in this group and I was sweating it out last night hoping he wasn't one of the fatalities. Just found out he is OK but didn't get any first hand details.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

this is the suck part of winter.
    b

One of the guides didn't make it? That's not what I've heard, and I hope it's not true. My friend works for WAH and now I'm worried...

The Wallowa Avy Center report should be up tomorrow, with details.

Sounds like the slide was natural or remotely triggered coming down on them from above...

RIP and vibes to the families of the deceased

I have a couple friends that guide for WAH and from what I have heard it was one guide and one client.

My work colleague/friend was there on the trip with his mom and 3 other friends. Fortunately Q is ok, but his mom was busted up pretty good with broken 3 limbs, and another friend in the group suffered 2 broken legs. Unfortunately one of his friends and 1 guide did not make it; no info on the guide as yet.

Very sad.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

spook Guest
    Rescue efforts to resume for two injured backcountry skiers after Wallowa Mountains avalanche

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...incart_m-rpt-2

This fucking sucks.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Bummer.
    Condolences to family and friends who lost loved ones.

Shit, please keep updating. Feel terrible for the victims families and friends and the WAH crew.

UPDATE: Idaho national guard on scene attempting rescue, despite bad weather

Working this story on the KTVB website. We've got a news crew in the area and contacts with ID guard.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 02-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Vibes to the victims and their families and their friends. We have done multiple trips with WAH, got to know most of the guides. Good people, good operation, terrible news.

Latest info from WAC staff onsite.http://www.wallowaavalanchecenter.org/node/954

The guide we lost was a friend of mine and a ripping skier. This fucking sucks.

Peace to the families and friends of the deceased, and a safe journey and recovery for those injured.

Good god, this hits close to home. My deepest sympathies to everyone involved with this.

Tragic... was there, staying at the Schneider Cabin three weeks ago. Totally different ballgame at the time in regards to snow conditions. We spent most of our time over the ridge to the north in the West Fork Pine Creek drainage. Where this slide took place was primarily January corn at the time. My condolences to everyone involved.

Goddamn it. Got a couple friends working for CB.

Condolences to the WAH family as well as the friends and family of the deceased.
    Last edited by _Aaron_; 02-12-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

I hope someone will post the ID of the fallen guide and guest when it's appropriate to do so. Thanks

from the avy site: "Over eight inches of snow has fallen since the accident and it continues snowing heavily with very strong winds inhibiting helicopter evacuation attempts."

that is madness. i hope the injured can be extracted soon and that all involved make a full recovery.
    long live the jahrator

If you click the link I posted it will give you the latest updates. WAC says Chinook heli waiting on injured in LZ at 1630. They have completed interviews and are waiting to release their report.

Peace and love to everyone affected, including family and friends. I can't imagine spending the night in a storm, on a mountain, with two broken legs and a broken arm, knowing two people in your group just passed. Ugh. Biggest vibes ever.