Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pineconepete View Post
    Would love to hook up for some sled skiing down those hydro cut slopes. Not much around SW Ontario, but will be staying at Lake Rosseau this weekend with the sleds if anyone's willing to give up their secret stash.
    Having a ton o fun teaching my 2 1/2 yr old grandson to ski this winter at Chicopee

Ayee chicopee is where I learned how to ski. TBH SW ontario brings the untracked goods. The powerline that I posted is on a mile long stretch of the escarpment that contains cliff and powder. And osler backcountry is gnarly. All time year here.

Lake Rosseau and are has some good areas(don't know enough to point you in the direction of anything), but I remember driving by and seeing steep areas with cliffs. And most of the Lake Rosseau people are rosedale posers so you shouldn't have a problem finding untracked.

Definitely lots of untracked deep tree shots to be had in the Muskokas. Will hopefully head back with touring gear soon.
    Sled trails are superb and the lakes are frozen 2' thick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070579.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	150886

Devil's Elbow woot! where i learned to ski!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    Devil's Elbow woot! where i learned to ski!
    most of my friends in rossland who aren't born/raised in rossland....are ontarians.

northwestern ontario is supposed to get ~30cm over the next day or 2. i am the envy.

Ottawa isn't Ontario...we generally drive across into Quebec to ski.

Mr Multiglisse...how about checking RADcliffe late next week? You know it should be good when you combine Cliff and Rad in the name of an Ontario ski area.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Not sure where you are, but Holiday Valley seemed to be the local mtn for St Catherines and most of the southern end. I always found it funny that they had to drive south to find the best mtn nearby.

Recently heard about the Bellevue Lodge and these touring in the area. The topo and some clips I've seen look tasty, Anyone been there? Beta?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

^tbh the bc is ruined south of sudbury.... Enjoy the hard-packed powder

Waiting on corn season...
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    ^tbh the bc is ruined south of sudbury.... Enjoy the hard-packed powder

Waiting on corn season...
    Phaq.

Video from telefest last weekend didn't look all that bad. Fingers crossed for a late storm.

If conditions improve if like to get a group together to do some touring.

Any interest ?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."

IV, Bellevue is WNW of Sudbury, bc jacked there too? (If you know)

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Not sure where you are, but Holiday Valley seemed to be the local mtn for St Catherines and most of the southern end. I always found it funny that they had to drive south to find the best mtn nearby.
    This is where I grew up skiing.... there and the back country, IE. my parents back yard in Fonthill.

Fonthill! My father was born there 94 years ago the end of this month. (And other than a little lower back pain, he's doing great!)
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Just saw video from this yearsTelefest @ Bellevue Lodge... learned 2 things: they caught the warm up so it's crust city and there is some seriously legit terrain up there.

I will be going.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Just saw video from this yearsTelefest @ Bellevue Lodge... learned 2 things: they caught the warm up so it's crust city and there is some seriously legit terrain up there.

I will be going.
    Currently, the TGR Snowlab shows 30.48 cm at Searchmont, which, if I am not mistaken, is in the same general area. You could be in for a good time.

Is this the same event as the Snow Flea Tele Fest? I have heard good things about it but never made the lonnnggg trek up.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Cheers to Ontario. I ski with loads of easterners. In fact, many of the best and funnest skiers I know come from either Quebec or Ontario. Those guys can ski anything. As my good friend from the Sault says "if it ain't shiny blue ice, it's awesome!"

Kamiskotia ski resort in timmins is where i am from. wont be going back or anything but if your in the area the trees aint bad
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    Currently, the TGR Snowlab shows 30.48 cm at Searchmont, which, if I am not mistaken, is in the same general area. You could be in for a good time.

Is this the same event as the Snow Flea Tele Fest? I have heard good things about it but never made the lonnnggg trek up.
    That's the one. Video starts with a commentary on the weather and a warning that it contains "disturbing scenes of crust skiing".

As seen here: https://vimeo.com/m/87455819

Credit: not mine.

^bc in southern ontario is baked, 3 days of 4c or so and one day of 10-15mm of rain.

Although nothern is still good, they got snow instead of rain.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

^bc in southern ontario is baked, 3 days of 4c or so and one day of 10-15mm of rain.

Although nothern is still good, they got snow instead of rain.
    How far north to avoid teh crustz?

Never mind. Heard that the Soo got hit hard last Saturday (like 45cm)... conditions are good at Bellevue...

got 30cm of dense packing snow. bc is open!
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Went on a fall visit to my bc area to maintain- most yard work I've ever done!
    Looking good for next season:

eventually hauled all this shit out

then called it a day and had lunch enjoying the views of beaver valley

Finally, does anyone know what these are? saw about 50 of them nailed to the ground and they weren't there last year
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Went on a fall visit to my bc area to maintain- most yard work I've ever done!
    Looking good for next season:

eventually hauled all this shit out

then called it a day and had lunch enjoying the views of beaver valley

Finally, does anyone know what these are? saw about 50 of them nailed to the ground and they weren't there last year
    Probably aliens. I return to the motherland for a month in a few weeks. I will be doing some glading at the local bump and i will snap a few shots.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

The Blue Mountain Ski Resort is the major mountain resort that is located in Ontario, Canada. It is well known among tourists and perfect to enjoy snowboarding and skiing holidays. I think it offers the best snowboarding platform in Ontario because it is year-round, world-class resort for snow skiing and snowboarding. Guys! Let me know your view about this Ski Resort.

Alaian321, my view on Blue mountain is that they do a very poor job of picking their troll spammers. GTFU JONG.

hahaha, of course blue fucking mountain spams. Anyways my club has gotten 45cm with another ~15-20 on the way. Is anyone gettin some? Some pics..

"4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy