Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sugar Tits and Omega Man the Finalist in the Bluehouse ski design contest

Sugar Tits and Omega Man the Finalist in the Bluehouse ski design contest

We have our two finalist Sugar Tits and Omega Man. These two ski will be built and sent out for demoing to those interesting in demoing the skis. We will also have pairs in Salt Lake to demo if you are interested in demoing the skis please shoot us a PM. We will be finalizing the blueprints and be building shortly. We look forward to your feed back from testing. The winner gets a pair of there ski the 2nd place guy gets the best pair of there demo set the designed. After you ski the skis please put your thoughts on this thread.

Thanks
    Bluehouse.

Here is a description of the winners.

Ski Name Omega Man
    TGR Name Soylent Green
    Length 190
    Dims 142-122-134
    Camber Flat
    Tip Rocker 35 CM
    Tail Rocker 20 CM
    Nose Shape: early taper starts with rocker
    Tail Shape: squareish with a skin notch
    Flex: Stiffish
    Where will this ski Perform: all mountain and touring, short turn radius for tree skiing, 18meters
    Other:Cool Charlton Heston post apocalyptic graphic on the topsheet.

Ski Name Sugar Tits
    TGR Name camplemur
    Length 188
    Dims 120-132-108-124-110
    Camber positive 4 mm
    Tip Rocker tip rocker starts at 40 cm off tip
    Tail Rocker tail rocker starts at 36 cm off tip
    Tip Shape early taper from 36 cm off tip, bullet shape
    Tail Shape early taper from 33 cm off tip, pintail shape
    Flex medium soft nose, stiffest under foot, and slightly stiffer in the tail
    Where will this ski perform: Seeking Friend With Benefits:
    If you are the dour, off-the-couch "ski mountaineer" sitting in the corner staring at your Extra Extreme IPA hoping for someone to listen to how hard you charged the gnar, please don't apply. She's not interested. Stop staring. Sugar Tits wants to have fun. Giggle a lot, sample the goods, and then try something new. But despite her playful nature, Sugar Tits has substance and can throw down when necessary. Sugar Tits puts her thin but muscular shape to use. Sugar Tits is well rounded. She can't be tied down and needs someone who also knows how to have a good time.
    Other If "Sugar Tits" is too racy a name, I'll offer "Rumpus Sticks" as an alternative.
    I want my design to be not too wide so it can be lithe and nimble, but have enough rocker and length so that it will still float in deeper snow. Sufficient sidecut should make for easy turning and I hope sidecut radius is in the neighborhood of 18m, although I'm not sophisticated enough to know what it would be judging from my dimensions. My thoughts are the long rocker profile in the tips will allow it to ski more like a slightly shorter ski on firmer snow. Mainly, I want a versatile ski that emphasizes fun on tighter, more interesting terrain

I will take either of them for a spin
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I'd like an Omega Man in the same flex as the Maestro.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks for making these skis, Bluehouse. Looking forward to trying them. Fingers crossed for some late season storms.
    I skin switch.

so, like , when will the baddest ski house in the 801 gonna pimp my azz?!?!

Awesome to see this panning out. Good stuff, way to keep up the stoke. Keep us posted you demo skiers out there.

when you want some promotion for your brand let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all those who have wanted to test the skis, we are going to postpone the production of the skis until this coming summer so they will be ready to test at the beginning of next season. We want to insure we build these ski right and to the participants design. We do not want to rush this and send out a poor product. We want to get this right and get some great skis in your hands to test.

Thanks
    Bluehouse.

Did this ever happen?

I was kind of hoping to see the Omega Man for sale on your site this year.

Yeah. Where are we with those sugar tits? Nothing like grinding sugar tits on some rails...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Last I heard, Bluehouse was planning to have prototypes ready in December.
    I skin switch.

Well that's too late to buy skis! On a serious note, if you guys still deal with Ethan up here in the canadian rockies and can send some demos up, I'd love to try.

Calling out Bluehouse. Way to go Bluehouse for making this contest disappear?

Maybe they all broke.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Maybe they all broke.
    Or they incorporated the ideas from the ski contest into this year's skis. (ie, skin notch) These guys created a couple of customer service miracles for me in the past. I'm not sure what happened with the contest though. I'm done.

Something about this thread makes me think losing Gripen and Bluehouse' contest grinding to a halt are connected. Extra suck.

What's it gonna take to kick this thing back into gear?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Something about this thread makes me think losing Gripen and Bluehouse' contest grinding to a halt are connected. Extra suck.

What's it gonna take to kick this thing back into gear?
    I don't think kicking it back into gear is the issue. An explanation would be nice to those in the community that participated. I'm not sure about the Gripen connection you are referring to.

Gripen (Ethan) was a long time Maggot and his sig always said he was repping Bluehouse. Fucking cancer took him last year. I'm not sure if he had a lot to do with this contest or not, but giving Bluehouse the benefit of the doubt that maybe he did (or at least reminded them about it periodically?) and that's why it hasn't moved forward.

If that's not the case I'd think there are other ski makers that could pick this up, though: if Bluehouse doesn't want to follow through then it belongs to the community now. ON3P? Who else? Maybe we should get Digitaldeath to start a kickstarter and ask for bids.

Gripen did always rock and love his bluehouse, but I sincerely doubt this contest has much to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Gripen did always rock and love his bluehouse, but I sincerely doubt this contest has much to do with him.
    Even if he was the one that brought the contest idea to them, Bluehouse still has no reason not to have followed through.

If fact, if that was the case, Bluehouse especially would suck for not following through.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    if Bluehouse doesn't want to follow through then it belongs to the community now. ON3P? Who else? Maybe we should get Digitaldeath to start a kickstarter and ask for bids.
    Praxis asks the right people -- not us common folk who have not competed in the freeride world tour.

ON3P knows better than to crowd source their design. They have too many 15 year old customers.

Folsom - prob not.

DPS - physics phd for the win...

To whom do we turn?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'll make one more attempt to find out what happened with the contest. I'll report back here.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If fact, if that was the case, Bluehouse especially would suck for not following through.
    This was my thought, too; just hoping it wasn't right.