Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston

He just sent me pic of the new rig...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10252093_10201919228122660_5106633701585602820_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	155374  
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I got a sketchy truck passed a few backs in Somerville on Somerville Ave between Union and Porter Sq's. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamoron View Post
    I got a sketchy truck passed a few backs in Somerville on Somerville Ave between Union and Porter Sq's. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.
    I was going to suggest somewhere in that area, or Revere.

Actually the best bet is to probably get on some fanboi local car forum in MA and get the dirt on the lenient stations. There is always one in every town that'll pass you and write illegibly on the sticker.
    Live Free or Die

For you financial district guys...

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/0...cktail-pop-up/

I will certainly be partaking.

Oh, and here is rental housing average cost per neighborhood...

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/0...-neighborhood/

If you guys have never been to Trillium on Congress, check it out. Just picked up 4 growlers from them (actually just finished 3 with the team) and give them a solid 2 thumbs up!

I got the Pot & Kettle Oatmeal Porter, Fort Point Pale Ale, Trillium Farmhouse Ale and Dry Stack Batch #5 IPA. Good stuff.

http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/

Do they have that Oatmeal Portet next door at row 34? I think I had it there last Friday. Great beer. How long is it going to take you to get home with rain + friday traffic
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Do they have that Oatmeal Portet next door at row 34? I think I had it there last Friday. Great beer. How long is it going to take you to get home with rain + friday traffic
    I don't know. I've haven't been there yet.

I know it was a joke but... Next week I start taking the new ferry so NO MORE BULLSHIT COMMUTE. Shit, drinks on the boat on the way home all summer is going to be all time.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I don't know. I've haven't been there yet.

I know it was a joke but... Next week I start taking the new ferry so NO MORE BULLSHIT COMMUTE. Shit, drinks on the boat on the way home all summer is going to be all time.
    My buddy Bob (who you met at Fenway) takes the Hingham ferry... beers post work are very nice. (Tho he used to see Michael Kennedy drinking brews pre-work...).

Great way to commute in the summer.

Sailing Center open house is today... headed down shortly, but it's only till 4pm.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

If you guys have never been to Trillium on Congress, check it out. Just picked up 4 growlers from them (actually just finished 3 with the team) and give them a solid 2 thumbs up!

I got the Pot & Kettle Oatmeal Porter, Fort Point Pale Ale, Trillium Farmhouse Ale and Dry Stack Batch #5 IPA. Good stuff.

http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/

Outstanding beer. Fort Point Pale is awesome. Wasn't a huge fan of dry stack, but It didn't stop me from finishing the growler.

Dragged my growlers in today to fill up since I was going to be in the area, closed on Sundays....duh.

I'll be in and around Boston and Providence RI June 25-30.
    We'll be at The Dunes Club a day or two and maybe the Coast Guard House.
    beers?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lobstah.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	156167

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    adveres, hook up with mike and get him some lobster mac & cheese or a nice steak dinner. lord knows i'll never get that far east.
    He doesn't like me or I would. Besides, I'll be in AZ from 6/23-6/26. Would be willing any time other than that to break bread and squash beefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lobstah.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	156167
    can't go wrong with a good lobstah roll I always say.

If telemike wants to get grub and drink other than the 6/23-26 I would be happy to not only pay, but share the experience and guide. PM me.

Sesuit Harbor Cafe. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

If telemike wants to get grub and drink other than the 6/23-26 I would be happy to not only pay, but share the experience and guide. PM me.
    I hate to out him, but systemmoverblow'd is a pretty good dude and a tour of B-town with him is highly recommended.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I'll be in and around Boston and Providence RI June 25-30.
    We'll be at The Dunes Club a day or two and maybe the Coast Guard House.
    beers?
    I could potentially do something on the 27th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

What's Somerville like these days? My Mother grew up on Stickney ave (moved in '62) and my Grandparents moved to Salem in about 1970, As a kid I only really remember the House, street and stores around the corner as a nice neighborhood, but in the 80's and 90's I remember it not being the best of places. I looked at the house on Google street view and it looks like it's becoming a nice place again (if you like the city), Has Somerville turned around?
    My father grew up in Southie, I don't think that place will ever change, My aunt still lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    What's Somerville like these days? My Mother grew up on Stickney ave (moved in '62) and my Grandparents moved to Salem in about 1970, As a kid I only really remember the House, street and stores around the corner as a nice neighborhood, but in the 80's and 90's I remember it not being the best of places. I looked at the house on Google street view and it looks like it's becoming a nice place again (if you like the city), Has Somerville turned around?
    My father grew up in Southie, I don't think that place will ever change, My aunt still lives there.
    Southie is one of the biggest pushes for new/updated housing in the area. It's becoming very gentrified (and more expensive) to the behest of many of the locals. Thanks largely to the big push for the Innovation District becoming a thing. Great new eateries and bars along with a ton of jobs moving over the bridges. I love working in this area, but is is causing congestion and newcomers into the area in a big way.

Slummaville is still slummaville. But hipsters are the new townies. Not a bad place if you can stand 20-somethings that think their shit don't stink.

I noticed lots of Audi's and other hipster type cars on the street and houses being remodeled in Somerville, It looked like it was changing. My Aunt still lives across from the SBYC in Southie, but my grandparents lived most of the time I knew them around E5th and P st. but moved from Charlestown in the mid 50's to be in a better neighborhood (and so my Grandfather could hang around the yacht club).

as far as Scott goes, like I told you the other day, I'm not likely to go out of my way to hook up with him, but I won't be a dick if we run into each other

I think we've got plans for the 27th Dave. Want to come up to RI for an Irish Catholic family drinking and yelling tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Want to come up to RI for an Irish Catholic family drinking and yelling tournament?
    That's a home game for me, not a road trip.

Where in RI do you go? I'll be in Mass. those dates, on a pretty short leash but maybe I can come up with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Sesuit Harbor Cafe. That is all.
    For the win!

That newish oyster place on 28 in Dennis is good too.

Hangar B Eatery at the Chatham airport is supposed to kick some ass btw.