EHRRRMAHGERRRD! There's people in this country that don't talk American!

http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/02/...any-americans/

What a fucking joke.

On the flip side, I'd marry Anna Kendrick on the spot. Totally in love.

"One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

When I saw that add last night I thought it was pretty cool. Then I thought... there is going to be some fall out tomorrow about this from the FOX News lover crowd.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

As a close-minded, nonthinking, non-intellectual ignoramus, I find the fact that there are other languages shocking and stupid. What's wrong with people that they don't speak English? Why, the Bible's in English and that's good enough for me. That's what's wrong with places other than America (most of which are beyond my comprehension), no Jesus and no English. If we could just come together to worship the blond-haired blue-eyed linen-white Jesus and get rid of the homosexuals, this world would be saved. SAVED!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I thought the ad was cheesy (overtly emotional, blatant attempt at tugging heart strings, completely lacked subtlety). I think the faux outrage is equally cheesy. Shouldn't these jingoistic fools actually WANT the rest of the world to be so enamored of America that they sing "America teh Beautiful" in their own language?

How would these fools react if someone were to tell them that "My Country Tis of Thee" is sung to the melody of the British National Anthem? Would their heads explode? If so, could we try that out?

Dude, don't try to look for reason in it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coca-Cola_Company
    43% of Coke is sold in America.
    I think it's a similar number for Google searches; fewer actually. OMG, there are other people in the world?!
    No longer stuck.

As a close-minded, nonthinking, non-intellectual ignoramus, I find the fact that there are other languages shocking and stupid. What's wrong with people that they don't speak English? Why, the Bible's in English and that's good enough for me. That's what's wrong with places other than America (most of which are beyond my comprehension), no Jesus and no English. If we could just come together to worship the blond-haired blue-eyed linen-white Jesus and get rid of the homosexuals, this world would be saved. SAVED!
    That would be the little tah-ney, 8 pound, three ounce baby Jesus, am I right?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Love the people who pretend that immigrants in the 18 and 19 hundreds so gleefully assimilated and learned the language.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Love the people who pretend that immigrants in the 18 and 19 hundreds so gleefully assimilated and learned the language.
    exactly-

i mean, that was even before Rosetta Stone!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    exactly-

i mean, that was even before Rosetta Stone!

just sticks and stones!

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    That would be the little tah-ney, 8 pound, three ounce baby Jesus, am I right?
    So young, but still omnipotent.
    No longer stuck.

There's already a thread for SB commercials...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...super-bowl-ads

But this is SUPER important stuff so I can see why you made this thread.

Yeah, fuckin' pendejos!

Especially those shifty native 'Merkins.
    Just lazy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I thought it was a riot when someone dug through the US Census records and found out that Michelle Bachmann's family had been in the US for over 3 generations before they started speaking the English language in their home.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Especially those shifty native 'Merkins.
    Just lazy.
    I thot the blacks and mexicans were lazy but the ornamentals built calculators so somehow that makes em even?

I mite bee rong?
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    There's already a thread for SB commercials...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...super-bowl-ads

But this is SUPER important stuff so I can see why you made this thread.
    Haters gone hate.

While the super bowl ad thread is about super bowl ads, this one is more about the socioeconomic status and perpetuated hate of Merkins. Outrage over people speaking different languages, even if they are actually celebrating America is fucking absurd. Go ahead and tell a bunch of ass backwards "Americans" that white people have the highest frequency of the welfare system. Racism is alive and well. So many "republicans" that receive benefits are against social programs based on race. It's fine when their aunt Minnie is getting food stamps, but give that to a darkie, and they need to get their ass to work.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

getting kinda polyasshat with this one.
    b

"All the National Docs (Constitution) were written in English. Learn it if you're going to live here."

Could one of you video pros please make a viral video depicting John Adams (or any of our founding fathers) and a 21st century bigot having a conversation in both their English dialects please?

That would be swell, thanks.

I'm just surprised they're hasn't been an uprising from the Deaf community about the lack of ASL (or any sign language for that matter) in the spot...

Those veterans insurance ads (?) have a little boy signing in them, what the fuck coke? You hate deaf people??

/dontreallycarejuststirringshit

So young, but still omnipotent.
    Leanin about shapes and colors.