Page 614 of 653 FirstFirst ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... LastLast
Results 15,326 to 15,350 of 16307

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    What's your wife's number?
    Around 400k per year. Vibes bro.
    Last edited by bennymac; 02-28-2024 at 12:52 AM.

Ha, byates will be there soon enough. bitcoin at 59k now, getting crazy.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Bitcoin has moved up again in the rankings of assets worldwide. Now it's number 10, ahead of Berkshire Hathaway and not very far behind Meta and Silver:

Name:  marketcap.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  105.3 KB
    https://companiesmarketcap.com/assets-by-market-cap/
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Byates and stalefish this is for you, the rest of you - hide your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLEJrKRN7mw
    Henry David Thoreau

You probably jerked off more this week than the last 3 years.

Unfortunately, it's not enough for a good look.

Price means shit. Same as HOLDL and isolation.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

jealous much?
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Around 400k per year. Vibes bro.
    You're the one that has to put up w it. Not me. Vibes bro.

Henry David Thoreau

61 jfc. Up time.

So glad mustonen.got in at 40. What a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    61 jfc. Up time.

So glad mustonen.got in at 40. What a great move.
    Be nice to take credit for such a thing. But then you’d have to be able to point to some kid of fundamental or market force and there just isn’t one outside of FOMO and an industry dedicated to pumping.

Good reminder to go pull that out now, though.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Byates and stalefish this is for you, the rest of you - hide your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLEJrKRN7mw
    https://twitter.com/DylanLeClair_/st...9Ip49TGdw&s=19

This one is for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Cool. Another expert weighing in in support of Bitcoin…

Anything he likes about it other than it could have made him rich?
    Wait. Is Jong Cramer?

https://twitter.com/Dennis_Porter_/s...UnZ8LG4YQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Thank you for belly laughs. I do feel good today. It only barely hurt to see Celsius there.

Let the memes continue!
    Henry David Thoreau

Henry David Thoreau

I'm only of average intelligence and since I don't understand Bitcoin, I don't own any, but I'm happy for those of you that are making money off this.

IMO it would be highly entertaining to watch it go to 100k or 200k.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Serious question: is there an estimate anywhere of the total real money that has actually flowed into Bitcoin? i.e. Not the market cap of coins at the current price, but an accounting of the net real money that has been invested in it?

(And by invested I mean retail buying coins, not miners, advertising, etc., etc.)

Serious question: is there an estimate anywhere of the total real money that has actually flowed into Bitcoin? i.e. Not the market cap of coins at the current price, but an accounting of the net real money that has been invested in it?

(And by invested I mean retail buying coins, not miners, advertising, etc., etc.)
    DM Bitfinexed

Smarty pants question trying to get at valuation, waaaay above the pay grade of a half @ssed code monkey such as myself, but...

I think you are asking about the price at which everyone bought their bitcoin which is called the realized cap? That is used by on-chain analysts because of the transparency of the ledger. I guess glassnode is the leader of publishing on-chain data and they are saying:

"Following a week of explosive price action and strong capital inflows, the #Bitcoin Realized Cap has experienced a near full recovery, increasing to a value of $467.2B."
    https://twitter.com/glassnode/status...09107008966805
    Henry David Thoreau

I think the number you want is that orange line. Sorry if I've got any of this wrong!

Name:  GHbBbIEWMAEKh0l.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  39.2 KB
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm only of average intelligence and since I don't understand Bitcoin, I don't own any, but I'm happy for those of you that are making money off this.

IMO it would be highly entertaining to watch it go to 100k or 200k.
    I think they must be shilling, but:

"In a major shift within the financial industry, Fidelity Investments, with its colossal $12.6 trillion in assets under administration, is now recommending that the traditional 60/40 portfolio model should evolve to include a 1-3% allocation to crypto, specifically through its spot Bitcoin ETF (FBTC). This groundbreaking move is not just a nod to the burgeoning crypto market but a potential catalyst for unprecedented demand, potentially channeling hundreds of billions of dollars into Bitcoin."
    Henry David Thoreau

I think the number you want is that orange line. Sorry if I've got any of this wrong!

Name:  GHbBbIEWMAEKh0l.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  39.2 KB
    Thanks!

Bitcoin....who's gotten into it?

I sold all my real estate, liquidated my cars, cashed out my 401k and my kids’ 529s, and have 95% of every one of my work checks go straight into bitcoin and I wake up to this??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1709144289.334675.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	360.3 KB 
ID:	488486

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Art Shirk; 02-28-2024 at 12:49 PM.

I think they must be shilling, but:

"In a major shift within the financial industry, Fidelity Investments, with its colossal $12.6 trillion in assets under administration, is now recommending that the traditional 60/40 portfolio model should evolve to include a 1-3% allocation to crypto, specifically through its spot Bitcoin ETF (FBTC). This groundbreaking move is not just a nod to the burgeoning crypto market but a potential catalyst for unprecedented demand, potentially channeling hundreds of billions of dollars into Bitcoin."
    Sure, but the effect is real. If millions of retail investors who might have been scared off by crypto exchanges can click the "buy " button in their FIDO account there's no telling how high this can go.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeah, jeebus. And what if the NSA figured out a way to break the network and they're just waiting for max pain?

That's crazy talk, but it popped into my head this morning.
    Henry David Thoreau

Yeah, jeebus. And what if the NSA figured out a way to break the network and they're just waiting for max pain?

That's crazy talk, but it popped into my head this morning.
    What if…BTC is actually an NSA product?