Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Its easy to say you would of been fine if you truly pointed it, but having fallen myself doing about 90mph in the skied out flatter runout of a big straightline sometimes its not that sure and a fall going fast on the flats is far more brutal than a fall on the steeps all other things equal. If you like to go fast sooner or latter you're going to get spanked.

Glad you're all right.

Also, at least you're not rog.

Ok there fugginidiot

Who skis stupid? You bro

rog

Quote Originally Posted by HuckSolo View Post
    CLAIMED! send it to claim my run
    Claimed x2. I have the broken femur and hardware to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xdresser View Post
    Fuck Yeah! Anybody going "90mph" recreational skiing deserves a spot on the Claim Train.
    Second! Wait, so racers hit 80 MPH on injected DH courses on primo waxed DH boards and you did 90 MPH someplace?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72852869993eabd03dc0b4e3cacf9e426e7ccfa411f77fa8a0a78326908fc849.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	150187

Zoinks!!!!! Glad yer okay. I REALLY thought about that line over New Year's but wussed out.

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeTop Productions View Post
    My slough uncovered some rocks I hadn't seen while I was scouting the line. The weird maneuver I tried to do to avoid them tripped me up, and I then hit a rock with the tip of my ski and double ejected. It went downhill from there.
    I see. Punny right there too, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Xdresser View Post
    Fuck Yeah! Anybody going "90mph" recreational skiing deserves a spot on the Claim Train.
    Didn't realize it was bragging if I was referring to a fall. Pretty much thought all that proves is I once did something stupid?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This would not have happened on a ski with a bit more tail rocker.
    No No No No No No

FIFY

This would not have happened on a ski like the amazing RAXski.

PS OP - ballsy line. You're lucky. Way to go for it though!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Had to go back and stop it but sure as Shit, the rock is visible for a split second... nicely done. Glad you ok.

Now go do some charity work too balance your karmic scale.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Had to go back and stop it but sure as Shit, the rock is visible for a split second... nicely done. Glad you ok.

Now go do some charity work to balance your karmic scale.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

way to give'r

This would not have happened on a ski with a bit more tail rocker.
    Wait what? These are Bent Chetlers, you can't get much more tail rocker than those. Although I don't see why that matters anyway.

how would tail rocker have helped, TR?
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    how would tail rocker have helped, TR?
    I think the tail rocker comment comes from this video. (its around 4min mark)

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Glad you're OK.
    Yea, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    wish i had a smartphone or gps or something that would tell me how fast i am going.
    That GPS goggle set up looks cool, MPH, airtime, alt. tunes and phone, you can use it for anything though, pricey!!. I' know I've hit 70......90 with a wreck, man that's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Second! Wait, so racers hit 80 MPH on injected DH courses on primo waxed DH boards and you did 90 MPH someplace?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72852869993eabd03dc0b4e3cacf9e426e7ccfa411f77fa8a0a78326908fc849.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	150187
    90 may be a little exaggerated but run out speeds are way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post

Bridger Brigade FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
    That GPS goggle set up looks cool, MPH, airtime, alt. tunes and phone, you can use it for anything though, pricey!!. I' know I've hit 70......90 with a wreck, man that's scary.
    Yep, it was. I got off lucky. 19 year olds are stretchy. Destroyed my helmet and pulled it off my head, ripped my jacket and long underwear top off over my gloves which somehow stayed on, knocked me the fuck out for what I'm told was about 10 minutes. Only real injuries were the concussion, horrible whiplash, and badly bruised the bones in my knee. Like I said, got off lucky.

Racers hit upper 90s occasionally on icy rutted courses while basically constantly making very high g turns. I've been clocked at 80 (ok fine, 78 close enough) and I know this was a considerable amount faster than that. Straightline about 900 vertical feet of 40 degrees on a soft but fast windbuffed day already doing 30 or so when you are the cornice at the top and ya, 90 sounds about right.

For what its worth I think recreational skiers vastly overestimate the size of their airs but underestimate their speed. I'm too old to give a fuck what anyone thinks of me, and none of this even matters. We're all just monkeys anyways.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post

Now go do some charity work too balance your karmic scale.
    Yea, I didn't see it until it was too late either, just barely under the surface.

Enjoyed

spook Guest
    i think they've clocked people over 100 at willamette pass in the past haven't they?

Leroy Jenkins = fastest and worst skier in this thread!

spook Guest

nice vid