Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

JOE VALLONE, I need your help in La Grave! FREE BEER!

Hello everyone I am running for a spot on the gore tex ski mountaineering camp in La Grave.

If you vote for me and I win, I will buy you a beer if you ever make it to La Grave. On my word and yours if you tell me you voted for me. If we cross paths, I owe you a beer.

I really would love to win this contest. It is not to take the piss out of Gore tex and the whole idea that I am a guide and don't need to go on a camp

It's because I really want to go to the camp and ski with Bruno and Seb for 3 days. It would be a really fun oppurtunity to do something like this and actually get to ski with two folks that I watched their careers for 20 years coming up.

These guys are pros and legends. I don't get to ski with people like this because I will never be invited to ski with people like this. They are usually doing photo shoots or promotional sponsor stuff so this might be the only time ever that I could get this chance.

Both of these guys are legends and to watch them coach could be a great oppurtunity and learning experience for me.

I know they don't know La Grave like I do, nor could they ever, but that shouldnt stop me from being eligible to win a spot on the camp and a chance to go to ski mountaineering camp. I have never been to ski mountaineering camp. I cant wait to see what it is and how its run.

Seriously though, these guys are gonna need a guide. They are not guides and although I would prefer to be a camper instead of the guide, I can maybe get myself some work here that could be quite fun and would improve there camp 10 fold to have me as their guide.

Long story short, this sounds like a social media popularity contest to win, but I am still trying and I feel I deserve to win as much as anyone that has entered. Plus you win a new jacket, I don't have a clothhing sponsor and I wear really old shredded stuff, My clients have nicer stuff then I do, so a new jacket would be very much appreciated.

http://www.experience-tour.com/tour/...pplicant/2573/

Please vote for me here

Please like my fan page at provallone fb here.

Just so you know, I am not a pro, far from it so I should be a great addition to the ski camp!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ProVa...87643554582431

Thanks everyone, 48 hours to spread the love

This guy is worth the time for the vote. Also, he really does need new clothes!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000982.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	149452
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The first thread wasn't enough?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

So you want us to click some stupid link and vote for you...yet you provide no stoke, no pics of girlfriend, wife or sister?

Fuck that.

Joe, I'm gonna help you out here. Post a photo of some fine cham/la grave tail and you will receive many votes from this site. Don't and you will be flamed. This thread could go one of two ways and this is the deciding point. It is all up to you.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Joe, I'm gonna help you out here. Post a photo of some fine cham/la grave tail
    la grave tail? that's a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    la grave tail? that's a joke, right?
    HA! Maybe it's like the dog chasing it's own tail?

La Grave isn't Breck. The ratios are like engineering school. La Meije is the tail that people chase in La Grave.

Here is his stoke though:

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Don't ask, just vote!
    Joe is 100% legitimate.
    Surely rigging a corporate popularity contest is in the spirit of TGR ?

Given that La Grave is a sausage party you really don't want pictures of tail....

Joe, I'm gonna help you out here. Post a photo of some fine cham/la grave tail and you will receive many votes from this site. Don't and you will be flamed. This thread could go one of two ways and this is the deciding point. It is all up to you.
    Shredgnar. I love shredding the Gnar, but when I can't shred I schralp it.
    Here is your request as I can't ignore an honest and tasteful call out.

This was shot last year at the top of the Telepherique. 3200 meters in La Grave. Yes this shit happens. Those girls in the tub are topless!

Most people live for dawn patrol and they race to get back to apres ski. I on the other hand can't resist a great Dusk Patrol. Oops, did Black Diamond just get a new marketing idea? Next year BD will have a full Dusk Patrol line that doubles as a shot ski.

Name:	IMG_7468.jpg 
Views:	1148 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	149471Click image for larger version. 

ID:	149471

Old Blue and Shredgnar, I know I'm opening the door here, but here we go...
    Let's support a guy who has chosen to make the choice to ski for a living and help others in the mountains.
    Isn't that what this site was supposed to be about?
    Good luck Joe, I hope you get the votes, keep climbing up and making good choices. Well done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimber View Post
    This was shot last year at the top of the Telepherique. 3200 meters in La Grave. Yes this shit happens. Those girls in the tub are topless!

That tub moved from its foundation and rolled down the hill after that pic was taken.
    Just because...like...too many women in one spot for that valley, and it just could not handle the laws of physics.

This thread need a Impossibru meme with jackie chan or something now.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Shredgnar. I love shredding the Gnar, but when I can't shred I schralp it.
    Here is your request as I can't ignore an honest and tasteful call out.

Most people live for dawn patrol and they race to get back to apres ski. I on the other hand can't resist a great Dusk Patrol. Oops, did Black Diamond just get a new marketing idea? Next year BD will have a full Dusk Patrol line that doubles as a shot ski.

See, that wasn't so difficult was it? All we ask for is a little bread and circus before throwing our votes around.

There ya go. And that's some nice tail. Vote for Joe!

There you go, young man! Hope you get in.

I voted for Joe on the basis of Summit's vids, NOT the topless photo...

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    So you want us to click some stupid link and vote for you...yet you provide no stoke, no pics of girlfriend, wife or sister?

Fuck that.
    Old Blue, your right, but I dont have a girlfriend, and I have never been married because I ski too much and chose skiing for my life.

Yes I have a sister. She is fricking awesome we are twins, we grew up skiing together and now she is in a wheelchair and don't ski together anymore. I would be more then happy to send you a picture of her but as I respect my sister for her awesomeness I will not be sending a photo of her to you.

However, I will still buy you a beer if you vote for me, I win and we cross paths. But as I ski all the year or hang in deep remote mountains, somehow I ponder the possiblity that we might ever cross paths. ;-)

"I skied the back bowls at Vail a few times. "

funny shit..... this sealed the deal for me.... vote up

edit: and the vids from summit

Another vote for you

Yet another stooge wanting to be. La Grave Tail? La, Grave, Tail??? "some fine cham" I dread the result of one of your drunken nights and the mouth breather you might accidentally spawn . bro-brah

some how I imagine that is you petting the cute sheepey behind the guy tooting the horn..............Nice tail.........oh lord.

Old Blue, your right, but I dont have a girlfriend, and I have never been married because I ski too much and chose skiing for my life.

Yes I have a sister. She is fricking awesome we are twins, we grew up skiing together and now she is in a wheelchair and don't ski together anymore. I would be more then happy to send you a picture of her but as I respect my sister for her awesomeness I will not be sending a photo of her to you.

However, I will still buy you a beer if you vote for me, I win and we cross paths. But as I ski all the year or hang in deep remote mountains, somehow I ponder the possiblity that we might ever cross paths. ;-)
    Calm down Joe.

When you show up asking for favors, it's standard fare here to be fucked with a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Yet another stooge wanting to be. La Grave Tail? La, Grave, Tail??? "some fine cham" I dread the result of one of your drunken nights and the mouth breather you might accidentally spawn . bro-brah

some how I imagine that is you petting the cute sheepey behind the guy tooting the horn..............Nice tail.........oh lord.
    You are the biggest spaz alias since stuck passed a school bus in the right lane.

Seriously, Stop posting!... it makes my head hurt trying to read your illiterate, incoherent ramblings

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    The first thread wasn't enough?
    DON'T HATE! EAST COAST FAGGOT WHO DOESN'T RIDE! BTW, I'M BLURRED YA FUCKING RETARD!
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

What's the difference between a mountain guide and a large pizza?

A large pizza can feed a family of four!

I kid because I love. Although I voted for the earnest Danish kid.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

JoeStrummer

What do condoms and mountain guides have in common?

Safer with, more pleasure without.

Here is another video I shot with Giulia Monego and Bjarne Salen last year in La Grave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYuku_rf8uk

Its a great video, but I didnt get paid to do it or to guide it. I was told it would be a nice commercia for mel so I guided the Pros for free for 4 days even though they are the ones who have the money, the gear and the sponsors.

In the case of the Gore Tex contest, Maybe I can get paid this time to be guided by the pros and win a jacket.

Thanks to all that voted, but after posting that photo I didn't see an enormous surge in votes, maybe about 5 or so.

Does that mean it was a bait and switch to post the tail photo?