Thread: Rugby Sevens

Rugby Sevens

Had fun watching Rugby Sevens this weekend, wish it were on more.

Id like to see that Isles kid run one back in the NFL.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Watched that yesterday, good stuff. Fast paced, quick games, good athletes, lots to like. Isles is a burner no doubt but he's only 165 they said. Tough yo make a living in the NFL at that size I'd think but I hope he can do it.

Great tournament was a hoot to watch. (Was at the Cask and Flagon in Marshfield -- sure sign of the apocalypse -- Kenmore Sq. dive morphs into slick sports bar in dive town.)

I really like Isles. Sort of Danny Woodhead size with insane speed.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

If they are going to show non us centric ultra violent sports I say they televise Hurling-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

aussie rules football is the bomb diggity, that is some serious old school football.
    7's is damn fun to watch
    b

Hurling is for girls, Shinty is where it's at
    Gone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Hurling is for girls, Shinty is where it's at
    Ireland, Scotland, it's all the same
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I'd much rather watch Rugby Union.

I'd much rather watch Tri Nation... but any rugby is better than no rugby... and yes they don't have nearly enough on US TV
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Huge fan and fun to watch. Im more of a XV's fan myself but I will take what I can get. Six Nations starting next week….thats what Im talking about! Good to see some real traction for Rugby in the US. Some exec at NBC is a Rugby fan for sure. Nice

Ice-is your kid playing for The Cross? My dad refs those games sometimes. Mostly women's though.

I have always wondered why they didn't at least go after Rugby guys to be kickers in the NFL. Most of them know how to kick, from really tough angles, and they all know how to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Huge fan and fun to watch. Im more of a XV's fan myself but I will take what I can get. Six Nations starting next week….thats what Im talking about! Good to see some real traction for Rugby in the US. Some exec at NBC is a Rugby fan for sure. Nice
    I hear ya philth, 15's allow for more play devo and once you know the game it's like a nice meal with all the trim and variety, 7's is like arena football or a big mac with fries. When I played we played 7's in the off season for fitness and excuses to find a queen at the bar!

IMO, rugby is better than most sports played in this country for both athleticism and a sense of camaraderie that crosses the line after that final whistle. Kinda why it IS the gentleman's game!
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ice-is your kid playing for The Cross?
    He's playing lax there. I played rugby in college and old boys for quite a while after though.