Text a phone number and get a text back with the nearest avalanche forecasts

Hi, Looking for some feedback. Would this be useful: a phone number that you could text a location to and receive back the nearest avalanche forecasts?

For example:
    Text this message to 555-555-5555.
    silverton, co

And receive back this text.
    2014.01.26 S.SanJuan: all zones low
    2014.01.26 N.SanJuan: mod. near and above TL; low below TL
    2014.01.26 Gunnison: mod. near TL; low above and below TL

Would this provide value to those with cellphones, smartphones? Those traveling on ski vacation/safari? Ski bums?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ski bums don't have smart phones
    if you need to text or get a tweet to make bc decisions
    you probably aint to skilled
    best include local sar #
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I think that would increase the already high rate of impulsive and poorly planned travel in avalanche terrain.
    long live the jahrator

^agreed. Not enough info provided there to be beneficial to anyone I'd say..
    Drive slow, homie.

i can call a number and hear the entire forecast for my area on tape. i find this helpful. they update at 7:30 in the mornings and if you leave before that it is nice to get the update on the road. you can also sign up to get it emailed everyday, or use an app. it's always the entire report though, not just the number.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    i can call a number and hear the entire forecast for my area on tape. i find this helpful. they update at 7:30 in the mornings and if you leave before that it is nice to get the update on the road. you can also sign up to get it emailed everyday, or use an app. it's always the entire report though, not just the number.
    what do you mean by just the number? i think most forecasts are set up to auto play.
    long live the jahrator

I meant the avalanche danger level which is most commonly referred to by number here (1-5), sorry for the confusion. It kind of sounds like the op wants to send texts with the danger level and very little aditional information, when it is easy to have the whole thing play on tape.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Hugh Conway Guest
    If I read Op correctly he wants a single number you'd text anywhere which would provide you local avy info. so if you are gaper mctgr who just arrived in IBK you'd text XXXXXXX and it'd spit out the Tirol avy forecast; when gaper mctgr goes to Jackson he'd text the same XXXXXXX and it'd give the Jackson forecast, etc. etc. which doesn't seem all that useful, to me, whether the message it gives back is short or long.

gaper mctgr would have to ask if it's a good idea first.
    b

Thank you for the feedback. I may visit this again but just basic information in a text does seem like a bad idea. So here is my next question in a new thread.
    thank you